ate nearly half my daily calories at breakfast

oops.

Replies

• MJackson54
    MJackson54 Posts: 44 Member
    I ALWAYS eat half my allotted calories at breakfast! After my workout, I eat a BIG meal for breakfast. Works GREAT for revving up metabolism! that's the time when you are SUPPOSED to be putting IN the calories! Not an oops . . .your body is telling you what to do. You finally got it.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    And what did you eat?
  • the earlier you eat the calories, the more time you have to burn them off! Go exercise and earn yourself some more calories!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    What's your calorie goal? I usually have about 450 calories for breakfast.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    I did that the other day. I had a 650 calorie cinnamon roll.

>_< Exercise and hopefully you can make it through the day close.

I try to go by my weekly average not my day average.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    I do that occasionally. The Quick Two Egg Breakfast + pumpkin pancakes at IHOP comes in at around 1600 calories.

After that, the rest of my week is pretty lean.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I ALWAYS eat half my allotted calories at breakfast! After my workout, I eat a BIG meal for breakfast. Works GREAT for revving up metabolism! that's the time when you are SUPPOSED to be putting IN the calories! Not an oops . . .your body is telling you what to do. You finally got it.

No.
    Breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day.
    If eating breakfast works for you, then yes, eat it.
    But don't force yourself to eat breakfast just because "it's the most important meal of the day" - there are plenty of successful people who wake up in the morning but don't eat til 2pm or so. And there are plenty of successful people who eat breakfast.

If you've got a lower calorie goal & eat your exercise calories back, don't worry. Just workout real hard today and go on with your life. You made a mistake, no big deal. Don't throw away today because of it, make your next decision count. Maybe eat a salad for lunch instead of a burger (just an example lol)

Also, you don't seem that worried lol
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    That sounds delicious.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    I think if you need a big breakfast, and it fuels you for hours, then fine! If you are eating some junk that fills you up for 5mins but takes 900 calories, you need to rethink your breakfast!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

No.
    But don't force yourself to eat breakfast just because "it's the most important meal of the day" - there are plenty of successful people who wake up in the morning but don't eat til 2pm or so. And there are plenty of successful people who eat breakfast.

If you've got a lower calorie goal & eat your exercise calories back, don't worry. Just workout real hard today and go on with your life. You made a mistake, no big deal. Don't throw away today because of it, make your next decision count. Maybe eat a salad for lunch instead of a burger (just an example lol)

Yep, this. Breakfast does nothing for metabolism. I like to eat a lot for breakfast but it's preference only.
  • Doesn't matter when you eat your alotted caloric intake. Just make sure you take in all your caloric needs within that 24 hr period and you'll be fine. People eat a 1800 calorie meal at one sitting; thought they may be bulking ha
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member

This is a myth. Breakfast does not increase your metabolism.
  • I ALWAYS eat half my allotted calories at breakfast! After my workout, I eat a BIG meal for breakfast. Works GREAT for revving up metabolism! that's the time when you are SUPPOSED to be putting IN the calories! Not an oops . . .your body is telling you what to do. You finally got it.

This is a myth. Breakfast does not increase your metabolism.

This guy knows the business
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    Doesn't matter when you eat your alotted caloric intake. Just make sure you take in all your caloric needs within that 24 hr period and you'll be fine. People eat a 1800 calorie meal at one sitting; thought they may be bulking ha

Agree!!
  • It happens. I personally just about never eat breakfast but I'm not hungry until well closer to noon. Glad to hear that's not a big deal either!
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Breakfast is my most important meal. If I don't eat breakfast I feel horrible. I can't concentrate, I am shaky and just feel like crap all together. I get up in the morning, get ready, head to work and eat breakfast shortly after. It is a must for me. I would rather go without lunch or dinner than go without breakfast. Everyone is an individual though.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member

No.

Minor comment/correction...

It is the most important meal of the day as it sets the metabolic tragectory for the day. Priming your body with good proteins and some good LGI carbs is a beautiful thing! Your body, over time, sets its thermostat based on the regularity and quality of wood that you throw on the fire (food/fuel). However, that being said, yes, there are many, many fit people who don't dig breakfast and are doing just fine.

There are many paths to fitness.

Good luck!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I think if you need a big breakfast, and it fuels you for hours, then fine! If you are eating some junk that fills you up for 5mins but takes 900 calories, you need to rethink your breakfast!

This. I recently went a few days having french fries for breakfast. A lot of them. 600+ calories that didn't stick by the time lunch time rolled around. I do better if I'm shoveling things like eggs and pancakes and fruit down, no matter how high that count gets.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    no 'Oooops'.

Honestly unless you are eating nothing but Pop-Tarts.

I eat, on average, approx 2,500 calories per day. Of those, i eat about 1,000 by 8:00 a.m. This is after getting up a 5:00 or so to go work out so i am doing some serious re-fuleing. SOme of my friends tell me that i need to eat even more in the morning...

Average morning intake:
    20 - 30 g of whey protein
    4 or 5 egg omlette with salmon, spinach, avocado
    1 cup of strawberries
    1/2 cup of blueberries
    multi-grain toast with almond butter and strawberry preserves
    v-8
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    That's okay. Just get some exercise done and earn some calories back.