what am I doing wrong??????????????

Options

Replies

• Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Did you rethink about your daily activities. Active, lightly active, etc. I changed mine to lightly active from active and it lowered my calories. learned that recently.. I realized maybe I don't do as much in a day as I thought I did. And I've noticed a change in my weight and inches smaller!
  • kimgascoigne
    kimgascoigne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising that much, you might be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. You notice that your pants aren't tight anymore, so maybe you should track yourself by measurements, not just weigh loss. You're obviously doing something right!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    In my opinion 1,800 is quite alot of calories to be consuming if you want to loose weight, I would try cut that to 1,500 x

I think she wants to decrease her weight ... Lose??? She does not need to tighten it because it is not loose.
  • VonGerulis
    Options
    You are doing everything wrong.

1. Count your TDEE and BMR.
    2. Start eating human food not fast food, no 12 tablespoons of sourcreme or whatever you had for dinner the other day
    3. Adjust your goals to custom: e.g. Carbs 40% Protein 40% Fat 20% (just healthy fat!!!!!!). I
    4. Don't over eat. If you diet for a weak and then have a day off where you eat 700kcal more than you are allowed - pretty obvious that you should address it.
    5. Don't expect miracles. If you are overweight by 110lb and you were like that for the last 10 years or more... well you can't loose 110lb in 4 weeks can you?
    6. Throw all the 'food' from your kitchen. Go and buy groceries that last no more than 5 days... unless it is raw oats(not instant oats) or similar.
    7. Start slow otherwise you will lose motivation

P.S. I'm not mean. But it seems you live in MCDonalds world and haven't seen nutrition books in your life.

Peace out.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Does your diet include low carb and low sugar but high protein?

Eating 1800cal is good, but you need to make sure they are "good" calories.

Also, you might just be the same weight on the scale, but are you checking your inches?..you are most likely changing your fat to muscle and muscle weights more so you won't see it on the scale, but you will see it in your measurements and clothes :)

I have maintained my weight for about a year now without even watching my food intake (was eating Mcdo, pizza etc) ..and the last week or so I have been watching my food, eating low sugar and low carb foods and I have started up the gym again and I weight myself this morning and was 3lbs heavier...but I know it is muscle building, because my tummy is flatter than it was last week. Don't be discouraged, I encourage you to check your measurements (arms, bust, stomach, legs)... you might be pleasently surprised of the awesome results your hard work has been doing :)

Good luck!

If you gained 3 pounds of muscle in a week with a calorie deficit you need to call the papers because you are the first person in history to do this. Bodybuilders are lucky to gain a pound or 2 of muscle in a month.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You need to totally overhaul your diary, almost everything you eat daily to me is *bad* food. Deep fried should be once a week, no cereals (they are all sugar) and cut down on the carbs!

Perhaps seeing a dietician is best since this is all new to you? I am lucky my household was always full of veggies and wholefoods as a child, but maybe you have eaten this way your whole life so it'll be difficult to change.

If your age is correct, you're about the same age as my mum and she has been going through a similar journey. She still likes her carbs but they are from whole foods and whole grains, and she is doing zumba dance regularly as well as walking - maybe try some fun classes? Not to be too blunt, but it's important to try to improve your health as lots of health problems can and will arise at this time in your life, and prevention is key! Get those veggies in there!

Jess
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Please don't listen to the people that are saying that you are gaining muscle, because you aren't. I agree with cutting out the fried stuff and getting more veggies and lean meats in your diet. Try some weight lifting too and don't worry about getting bulky or gaining muscle weight because you won't.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi you may have lost fat but gained muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.
    Have you measured yourself to see if you have lost inches.

Very likely this is what happened. Your pants are looser due to fat loss. If your overall weight is stable then it's probably lost fat. There are ways to measure body fat percentage and maybe your gym can help.

Just as a reference point, athletes can weigh 200 + lbs. and still have little body fat. So it's not always about total body weight.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This has to be a troll right?

Just look at the diary for yesterday 3 glazed doughnuts as a snack? Deep fried Oysters for lunch?
    208 cals over target, even after working off 735...and then asking what they're doing wrong...this can't be real. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Even the most nutritionally uneducated person wouldn't ponder this for long, after eating all that crap consistently.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    GET OFF THE SCALE!

WOMEN LOSE %BF FIRST AND MEASUREMENTS

%BF - WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH
    MEASUREMENTS - WILL TELL YOU WHERE
    SCALE - WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE ABOVE TWO HAVE AREADY DONE THEIR JOB

WHICH MEANS - BY THE TIME THE SCALE TELLS YOU, YOU ALREADY HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY SMALLER PANTALONES.

WHY DO MEN LOSE WEIGHT ON THE SCALE FASTER - BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE LEAN MUSCLE MASS, OUR %BF IS ALREADY NATURALLY LOWER. THIS IS WHY A GUY WITH THE SAME %BF AS A WOMAN VISIBLE LOOKS FATTER.

Your on the right track....pants aren't tight etc.. get you %BF and measure.. Track that every 3-4 weeks....GET OFF THE SCALE
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    according to your diary you are either WAY over on calories everyday or WAY under. Thats not how this works. Your net needs to be fairly close to your suggested calorie goal MFP gives you or the goal you have based on your TDEE and BMR. Ignoring the numbers don't help.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think you are over estimating the amount of cals burned in exercise.

Lots of "quick adds" in your diary so it is hard to determine how clean you are eating. Plus quick adds are more likely to be inaccurate, so you may be underestimating cals eaten.

If I were you, I'd start being much more attentive to logging food and be a little more conservative in estimates of cals burned. You'll end up consuming less cals, but from 1,800 you have room to cut down a bit.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    In my opinion 1,800 is quite alot of calories to be consuming if you want to loose weight, I would try cut that to 1,500 x

I think she wants to decrease her weight ... Lose??? She does not need to tighten it because it is not loose.

Is she in 4th grade where you feel the need to correct her? Ugggg Grammer police alert
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you've lost 4 pounds. If that's since January 4th then you've lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks, which is great! Keep your chin up - this takes time!
  • trishann1976
    Options
    whoa, 1800 calories?!? That is really high! I am allowed 1200 a day!! I would def lower that, eat better, and change up your exercises more. I do weights one day, run the next, stationary bike the next, more weights, run, etc...good luck!! its hard work but stay with it! :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think you need some help with what to eat. Just a quick look at a few days of your diary I see you are eating deep fried fast food, crescent rolls, lots of butter and there is a lot of quick added calories. It's great that you are exercising, but you can't out run a bad diet. I would be happy to give you some suggestions if you want to friend me. Research clean eating, I'm a huge advocate of that and I am always telling people to try it. I can almost promise you that if you start eating clean, and keep up the exercise you will lose weight. And you will feel better physically.
    I'm not saying you need to give up the crescents and fried stuff for good, but they should be once in a while treats and not the norm.
  • donpatric19
    Options
    hey everyone im Donishia , basically I just started my weight loss journey yesterday , I really have a goal of losing 60 pounds by august and its something i wanted to do but didn't real wanna put in work to achieve it , right now its all about exercising dieting, and calorie counting, i really need the support please
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This has to be a troll right?

Just look at the diary for yesterday 3 glazed doughnuts as a snack? Deep fried Oysters for lunch?
    208 cals over target, even after working off 735...and then asking what they're doing wrong...this can't be real. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Even the most nutritionally uneducated person wouldn't ponder this for long, after eating all that crap consistently.

I kind of thought the same thing when I read the 5 crescent rolls, but decided to give the benefit of the doubt with a helpful answer!
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    If your pants are no longer tight, then you have lost. You lost inches. Which is better for measuring success than pounds anyway.

Agree, but also 1800 might be too high. Try to net 1200 on exercise days and 1500 on the other days
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    3 glazed donuts yesterday....hmmmmmm