Protein powder suggestions for non-dairy?

Options
2»

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My fave is HMR 70 plus, which is only available online or at facilities that offer the HMR diet. Forget the HMR diet, but this stuff, which is made from egg whites, is the best I've found, and I feel like I've tried them all. For 110 calories, 14 grams of protein. It's a high-protein shake mix available in vanilla and chocolate, and it's great for making shakes because egg whites thicken in the blender, making a thick, creamy shake. I like the vanilla combined with fruit...a bit of banana and frozen pineapple or mango with some coconut extract, so it's like a pina colada or, as I call it, a mango colada. Mixed with a very small amount of cold water, it makes a pudding. They come in individual packets, very handy, but expensive. I find it worth it.

One minor thing....it can't be made into a hot beverage because the egg white "cooks" and curdles.

As for almond milk....great stuff but it's not a protein source.
  • aprilelayne
    aprilelayne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I have been researching the other options people have suggested, hemp and rice or plant base.

I'm seeing reviews of extremes for all of them. blah....not fun to experiment when this stuff is so expensive!

I may just suck it up and do a half-scoop of my hubs whey with diluted almond milk. If I start lifting heavier and needing more for recovery, I might look into it more.

Thank you for all the positive and helpful responses!