Does anyone cook on weekends for the week?

Options
13»

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone else said it but I'm not scrolling back to look....

The next time you're desperate and fast food seems like the only option, most grocery stores sell whole cooked chickens. For 5 or 6 bucks you can get a gorgeous roasted chicken that will be delicious (if a bit high in sodium) and last you 5 or 6 meals. Then you can save the carcass (stick it in a freezer baggie and freeze) and you can make amazing chicken vegetable or chicken tortilla soup with it over the weekend(stretching it to 10-12 meals). YUM!
  • fubuluvzcha
    Options
    On a study a classmate did in college they wanted to see how much money they saved if they cooked every day compared to take out every day. On average he saved $300. With this said I wanted to save cash so I had to bring it up with my bf that our diet needed to change. So we take a day out of the week and discuss what foods we feel like. We just started this when the new year started. We made garlic chicken, mongolian beef and rice, fried rice, spaghetti, chicken ranch pasta, whole wheat bread for sandwiches and some more. Also have stuff for salads and fruits. We snack more than eating complete meals