apple cider vinegar do I need it?

Options
As I look online for smoothie/ protein shake recipes I have come across a lot that have apple cider vinegar. Seriously?! the comments claim that just adding it has done wonders. So does it really work or can I just skip it? HAs anyone used it for weight loss?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I use it to make salad/sandwich dressings. I don't believe the hype that it makes much difference in weight loss though. Raspberry ketones, green tea, green coffee, apple cider vinegar. If all it took to lose weight were these things there be a lot less people overweight, don't you think?
  • mandys1979
    mandys1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just did not know if there was reasoning behind it? I can not imagine people actually liking the taste of it? Im not sold on it. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something. Most of the ingrediants I understand why they are in there. Just not that apple cider vinegar.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I would just skip it.

People claim that it helps with weight loss, digestion, metabolism, detoxing the body etc.... it doesn't make you lose weight, increase your metabolism or detox your body.

It is a great addition to dressings though.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of putting it in a smoothie...that sounds gross. I do use it in a few recipes, but thats it. I had no idea it was supposed to help with weight loss.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I use it for cleaning apples... I wouldn't dare eat it. It smells awful.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    As I look online for smoothie/ protein shake recipes I have come across a lot that have apple cider vinegar. Seriously?! the comments claim that just adding it has done wonders. So does it really work or can I just skip it? HAs anyone used it for weight loss?

You can skip it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You can skip it.

Seconded.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I use it when I have heartburn or any kind of bloating or indigestion. 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother), 1 tablespoon honey, and about 12 oz water. It has a lot of health benefits.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You can skip it.

Seconded.

Thirdededed
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i take two tablespoons a day, always have.
  • mandys1979
    mandys1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That answers my question. I didnt know what the purpose was. I figured what ever it did had to be far fetched. I just didnt want to leave it out if it actually had some important nutritional value
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You can skip it.

Seconded.

Thirdededed

Dr Oz is disappoint
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thirded on the "do I need it for weight loss" front. But it is great for baking, FYI...... :D
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The only way I let it touch any part of me, is when I add some to my hair mask.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use it as a conditioning rinse in my hair. I also add it to pie crust.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Don't know how it is for weight loss...but I like to have a bowl of baby carrots and a shot glass of apple cider vinegar. The flavors are great together:)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    BIG FAT NO for weight loss.

It's great for other things though like a facial toner, wound cleaning solution, etc.

But get Bragg's. Not that ****e from the grocery store.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    An essential component to any good enema! Keeps the four humors in balance! Buy it by the gallon!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    i just did it....1 tbls in ice cold water with one pack of stevia....its has helped my diabetes and high bp.....i do it daily