sweat.... eww

Options

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Also i have heard people who sweat a lot are more fully evolved because they have a more efficient heating/cooling system. So be proud of your sweat!

In that case, meet the next stage of human evolution.

Unless you sweat as if you hyperhydrosis!
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Sweat is sexy.

Exactly! I feel even more sexy after working out knowing that i'm sweating & worked hard. If i'm not sweating i'm not working hard enough....
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sweat from a good workout is so sexy.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, so I started out swimming… can't feel the sweat when you swim :wink:

I eventually started losing weight, and decided to start speed walking, which turned into a run. I then did a boot camp. Now, I love me some sweat! I know I'm doing good things when I sweat.
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Sweat is the lubrication ;)
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    This Isn't Sweat.

IT'S LIQUID AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    This Isn't Sweat.

IT'S LIQUID AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

YES!!!! If I don't leave a little puddle of Awesome on the gym floor it means I didn't work hard enough. Granted, I then clean up the Awesome left behind with some spray and a towel so the next person doesn't have to.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sweat is sexayyyy.
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    I only like MY sweat! It tastes like cherry juice.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yeah sweat! I've always been a sweater but since I started biking a lot and training hard a few times a week in very hot (90 degree+) weather my body is VERY good at sweating. Embrace the sweat and learn to love it!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with sweat.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat but I hate other peoples sweat. I work out at a boxing gym and there is sweat everywhere. Theres nothing more gross then doing pushups and putting your hands in someone else's sweat.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    You could just walk, most people underestimate the power of walking. Compared to doing nothing walking is awesome. Compared to a workout where you really sweat, walking isn't so awesome. Your going to have to walk a lot of hours a day to burn the calories of one good hour of exercise intense enough to get a good sweat on.

Most people still sweat even in cold environments when they do intense exercise.

I's your choice.
    If I was a car, I'd need extra antifreeze. About 16-17 years ago, I developed a higher-than-normal tolerance for the cold. I was born, raised, and have always lived in Virginia, but people ask whether I'm from Minnesota or Canada because how I dress. At home, I wear shorts, sandals, and an A-shirt year-round. Outside the house I wear short sleeves everywhere I can get away with it (e.g. will wear long for job interviews, etc.). I haven't worn a coat in more than a year and usually only wear one 2-3 times a year.
    Conversely, I get hot very easily and will sweat at the drop of a dime. I've heard stories of people losing weight and starting to get cold. I've lost 15% of my body and I'm still the same. Sweating makes me miserable in general with one exception: working it! I actually get a kick out of sweating when it's done on purpose.
    Just last week I did an experiment. I did a 63min, 1,000 cals burn on the treadmill, but I measured water intake, etc. In summary, I drank about 2# of water (~a quart), but weighed 4# less after the workout. In other words, I lost ~6# of water just by walking on the treadmill! :noway: Mind you, my "walking" workout is as intense as many people's running workout (3-4 mph; 6-15% incline). I actually giggle a little to see how I've completed soaked my shirt, sweatbands, and the top half of my shorts! It's my badge of honor!
    :sad: :sad: :sad: == my fat crying buckets
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't know if this is weird, but I think sweat is one of the grossest things ever!! And that's one
    thing that snags me up with working out and a reason I hate gyms! I know cardio is big for losing weight
    and cardio equals sweating! How do you guys push through it, or what do you tell yourself to get through it?

You can lose weight just by cutting calories. If that's all that matters, then you don't need to ever get sweaty. If you decide, however, that you'd actually like to be healthy, then just get over your dislike of sweat.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat. It makes me feel alive.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat. It makes me feel alive.

EXACTLY THIS.

I don't sweat a lot, and not very easily..

When i feel that first bead trail down my spine I smirk.

yeah,
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I really don't sweat, I guess my body's lacking something.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Infact, I love walking out of the gym , getting into my place taking my work out clothes off and seeing the sweat marks on my shirts and the booty of my pants! It's an exhillerating feeling!

after my workouts I always go into the bathroom and look at my sweat marks.. I love my Insanity workouts because of the fact that when I am doing my push ups, my sweat is dripping on to the floor.. If I dont sweat, I feel like I did't give it a 100%.

Sorry I am not much help.. but sweat is good for the body!
  • m00glem0g
    m00glem0g Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like to think of how the sweat flushes out all the junk lurking in my pores, from the inside... And then when I rinse all that away in the shower, I am fresh as a daisy!

Otherwise that bacteria and who-knows-what would just settle in and no amount of surface scrubbing would ever really reach it!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i love sweating....i don't know if that is weird or not...but when i get done with a workout and I am drenched i feel a sense of pride come over me...knowing i kicked some serious tail in that workout.

I've never walked out of the gym not sweaty.