Lent - I'm going to give up Chips!

Options
2»

Replies

• angelaleem
    Options
    for Lent I am going to improve my cardio.
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am giving up stress! Stress triggers me to eat! Thus I should lose weight by being balanced!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    giving up

1. meat (excl. fish) -
    used to be pescetarian...then went back to normal, now the whole meat scandal (even though I don't eat beef) plus the fact the only meet I ever ate was chicken and bacon (hate any other type!!)

2. Cows milk - some dairy
    (just want to see what all the fuss with soy milk is about)
    (I don't normally eat that much dairy so shouldn't be too hard!!)

3. Biscuits
    I LOVE dunking biscuits in tea (I can eat a whole packet with 2 packets of biscuits in ONE sitting)
    (also only drinking chamomile/peppermint/green/earl grey )

4. Chocolate
    shouldn't be too bad...I don't really munch on it !
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i love chips also...been eating so many ~pop chips~ love them, but giving them up and white sandwich bread
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up pop! It's definitely my biggest crutch, and a huge barrier to weight loss. Here's hoping!

Same here!

So, my question is: does carbonated water count? Like the Clear American from Walmart?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up fast food burgers & fries, I originally planned on giving up all fast food, but there are some days at work that going through the drive thru at lunch is a necessity, so on those days, I'll be getting either Subway, a chicken sandwich, or a salad
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i gave up logging my food and dieting for lent
    lets see how this goes haha
  • icandoanything2012
    Options
    Well My New Year's Resolution was to give up pop and deep fried foods. I've been able to do a fairly good job on giving up pop and have only had a couple of slip ups with deep fried foods. So for Lent I'm going to improve on giving up deep fried foods and I'm going to work towards giving up emotional eating.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    I'm giving up soda for Lent. Lent is not just observed by Catholics by the way. I participate because I can sacrifce my pop, considering the sacrifce Jesus Christ made for me.