sweat.... eww

Options

Replies

• dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have never liked it either, but I like that I am using some of the excess sodium in my diet (I love salty) and I shower right after so it is a temporary yuck.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Looks like most everyone here likes to sweat. It doesn't bother me but you don't have to sweat to burn calories when exercising. Just do moderate things. In fact you don't NEED to exercise al all to lose weight. Just don't take in more calories than your normal daily activities burn.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If your T-shirt is the same colour before a work out, as it is after one, you're doing it wrong!! lol

Seriously though, sweat is all part of exercising, I don't think anyone "loves" it but it doesn't bother me.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love sweating... :O
    I don't feel like I'm doing well until I'm breaking a good sweat.
    At first that wasn't the case,
    but as I started to lose pounds I associated the loss with the amount of work I put in. (:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You need to just get over it if you want to be fit. Fit people sweat, period.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    IDK what to tell you to me sweating is the best feeling its so primal and intense. I love when I take my hair out of a pony tail the band is soaked or your bra feels like you ran through a rainstorm even there isnt a cloud in the sky. You are sweating because either its really hot and you are being drenched in the glorious sun, youve had the best schmexy time of you life, or you pushed your limits beyond and are rewarded with little dew drops of love.

Not much help. Thats what showers are for afterwards.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I'm actually allergic to my sweat, so when I exercise hard I also get itchy all over - and if I don't shower at the gym I break out in horrible little rashes by the time I'm home. There just has to be a point where you just suck it up for the end goal!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Gosh I love a good sweat.
    If you think sweat is gross, try scrumming in rugby when it's 80 degrees.....
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    No help here - I love getting a good sweat on! I guess I always have though :laugh:

Agreed! If I'm not sweating I'm not working hard enough!

yep! i agree with both of the above!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sweat is sexy.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm with the OP, I hate to sweat. I like the feeling you get when you first come out of the shower. I like feeling clean, with my makeup & hair freshly done. But, sweat is necessary, so I just press through. Then I shower ASAP!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sweat during normal regular days is not cool. I hate it.

BUT...sweat during a workout? They are my temporary, itty bitty badges of honour. I love that slick feeling after a hard workout. It's even better if i have to watch out for sweat on the floor so I don't slip ;) Then I go shower.

Sweat it. It's cleansing. Keep a towel nearby. use sweatbands like Bondibands (awesome IMO), shower right after. It won't be such a big deal...

Good luck
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Cardio isn't the only way to lose weight. That is a misconception. Honestly, most people believe they should significantly drop calories and start doing cardio like crazy. This is actually a terrible idea and makes for unhealthy weight loss.

But back to the point. Just get over it.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    "Im sweating! I must be working hard! Sweet!"
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Also i have heard people who sweat a lot are more fully evolved because they have a more efficient heating/cooling system. So be proud of your sweat!

If that's the case...I'm one of the most highly evolved people EVER! lol

Me too! It can be below freezing outside and my armpits will still sweat when I walk around.

Me three. I'd have a big problem if I was that grossed out by sweat.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Sweat is the lubrication ;)

Swimming was my sport when I was a younger man - and our coach used to yell "Its only pain, men" as we trained.....:bigsmile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of sweating either. When I am home, I use a towel to cover the entire seat and back of my stationary bike and I have hand towel to wipe myself. At least that way I am not dripping all over the place. However, its another of your body's ways to rid itself of toxins and thats a good thing.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sweat is fat crying!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I make fun of my sweat. If I don't have a frowning face on the back of my t-shirt, I wonder if I worked hard enough that day!

Sweat doesn't bother me, probably because I am used to it.

I shower after and before the gym, so it doesn't hang around for long.
  • Niferlynn03
    Niferlynn03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ahh...don't sweat it.

Lol! Thanks for the useful replies! Guess its just something I have to fight through and hopefully it won't bother
    me later on!