40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is great! Interested in what you get to eat. Were you hungry? Did you do any exercise? Congratulaitons on the speedy weight loss!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That can't be good for your body!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I lost weight before without Medifast and had similiar results but that was when I was younger, kid free, career free and had time to kick it in my kitchen for a few hours a day!

I don't have hours to kick it in my kitchen each day, and know a ton of people who don't either. I don't see us making excuses for not cooking our own food.... Because that's what they are. Excuses. You either want to change your life, or you don't. It's really simple. If Medifast taught you life skills you otherwise didn't have, great. But again, it seems like common freaking sense to me, particularly from someone who has lost weight in the past like you did OP, that if you control your intake, and cook your meals at home instead of stuffing your face full of processed crap and fast food, that you will lose weight. I just can't see PAYING someone to teach you something so basic. It seems like another excuse to me. "Oh, I was doing so well, but then I went off Medifast and gained back all my weight." I'm not saying it's not effective, because clearly it is, but it seems to take the desire and drive to change your life completely out of the equation by hand-holding and allowing for the convenience element (which leads to unhealthy habits in the first place) to remain when it would otherwise be gone.
    Not trying to hate, just trying to understand.
  • cleeg75
    Options
    It wasn't an excuse. I had a newborn, a daughter in the hospital and worked 45 hours a week and was extremely obsese from my pregnancy. I did cook - 1 sometimes 2 meals a day and ate MF meals inbetween to make sure I stayed in within calorie range when away from home!!!! After 12 weeks I incorporated other 100 calorie types of meals such as a banana or what have you. On rare days like I said I would pack another meal if I made extra the night before. I cooked and I just used their food items to help when I was on te go and too busy as so I wouldn't starve and cave in and go to fast food or whatever. If read the date I did this it was several years ago and after 8 months I was 75 lbs down and guess what I'm a lean 138 pounds because after going completely off any of the MF meals I was able to easily spot a 100 calorie snack or what have you. I went on to lose an additional 25 pounds and have kept it off ever since so what's your beef? I'm not fat anymore and haven't been and learned to eat properly and I am healthy now. So who cares if I needed some help at the start? Who cares????? I stuck with it, learned from it, lost weight with it ---- haven't gained it back and it's been YEARS not months!

Quit picking on people that aren't just like you!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Okay...Cleeg - maybe you should start your own thread. The OP of this one deactivated.

It's a dead thread all the way around.
  • cleeg75
    Options
    and carrying a crap load of extra weight vs. losing with the help of prepared meals is worse for your body? Oh please, give me a break!
  • kbsd456
    kbsd456 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To lose 20lb a month means that is a 2,333 calorie deficit a day! that seems CRAZY UNHEALTHY to me!

can somebody answer some questions please:

-if you lose weight on this diet and then eat at your TDEE, will you actually maintain your weight?
    -what is so special about this medifast diet? if the key is calorie restrictions, wouldn't it be cheaper to eat 800calories a day of normal food?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!