are anyones calf bigger than your thigh

Options
2»

Replies

• arobles28
    Options
    I have never met anyone with a similar situation lol can't find jeans

If this were yesterday, I would have thought this was a troll

but today during run club I saw a girl whose calves were HUGE. She herself couldn't have been more than a size 4, so we're probably not talking 20' here but on her frame the calves seriously were wider than her thighs. It looked really weird, and even though she was tiny (and I'm NOT) I felt really bad for her because at least my big frame is more hourglass balanced.
    lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    No, dont have that problem, but perhaps do heavy weights to build your upper leg, squats and dead lifts. This will balance your legs out visually and you'll have stronger legs as well!

^^^^ this

and I'm jealous, I'm trying to make mine bigger. and it's not easy
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Squats, bro.

Yep....I think that is your only answer. Squat those thighs up nice and big too!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Focus on increasing mass to your upper legs for symmetry.

This.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats, bub. Play to your strengths. build those thighs to match the calf massive-ness.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Squats, bro.

^This
  • ang604
    Options
    I had a friend who had this same problem... his trainer had him move from weights when doing squats/lunges etc, and move to resistance training. Also stay away from the step machines, and try running for cardio over biking. Long distance endurance running encourages the reshaping of calf muscles... where quick paced has you more on your toes focusing on calf muscles....and never forget a good stretch at the end of any exercise! Just my two cents that have been passed on to me!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have a different issue with the legs myself, my calves are about 15" and my thighs are roughly 23-24", but my waist is right around 32" - size 32 pants usually give me 3-4 inches of play in the waist, requiring a belt, but are skin tight on the thighs (even with "relaxed" fit). I think if I want perfection I too will have to go the custom route, lol.

This is totally me. Pants are always too tight in the thigh and gaping at the waist. With it being so tight on my thighs and loose in the waist I constantly have to hike them up!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My mom has ginormous calves (but firm and muscular like a beast) relative to her thighs. I think her calves and thighs are about the same size.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Break your ankles and go on bedrest, that's the only time my calves ever lost muscle and yours don't look like they have any fat to lose! Obviously not a realistic solution. I agree with everyone else - try to strengthen and build your thighs. :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Those are glorious calves! I bet your quads and hams will build up nicely too if your calves are that built.

First world problems.

Me and my scrawny calves are a little jealous. I too, have the opposite problem.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    another vote for building your thighs :)
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It might be the way you're built and not worrisome. My skinny mother has large calves and it's just a genetic thing.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I agree, the squat rack should be your best friend. And try and do less cardio where the bodyweight will increase calf muscle size (running/bike etc.) If you want to do cardio still focus on swimming and rowing which involve the upper body more.

I thought I had issues as I have 36" inside leg. :ohwell:
  • arobles28
    Options
    Those are glorious calves! I bet your quads and hams will build up nicely too if your calves are that built.

First world problems.

Me and my scrawny calves are a little jealous. I too, have the opposite problem.
    thanks, I actually love my calves because they look and are strong. My only problem is my upper thigh looks weak and buying jeans
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My first thought upon seeing your pic was "He must be a cyclist." I say squats as well, if you would like your legs to be more balanced. I have a friend who's calves were always as big or a little bigger than her thighs. I always thought her legs looked great.
  • arobles28
    Options
    I've heard your bicep and calf muscle should be close to the same size. If that was the case my arms would be massive lol
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Not bigger, but too damn big. Of all the freakish muscles that develop quickly, why couldn't i have had monster triceps or pecs? I thought my calves were just fat, but no, they are big strong field plowing, cotton picking, horse training muscles.
  • arobles28
    Options
    It might be the way you're built and not worrisome. My skinny mother has large calves and it's just a genetic thing.
    genetics can be weird sometimes
  • hozo56
    hozo56 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lol I do, I've always had big calves since I was younger from doing gymnastics and stuff and 6 years ago I started cross country and track and it made my calves even bigger but made my thighs a lot smaller