ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    To set up your generic fat-loss diet calorie intake, all you need to is take your current body weight in LBS and multiply it by 10 or 12 calories. The number you see is your GUIDELINE maintenance calorie intake. It’s not perfect, like I said, we’re all different. IT’S A GUIDE. So in order to lose weight, at the end of every single day, you’re body needs to be at a caloric DEFICIT. This means you EAT UNDER THE AMOUNT of calories your body needs to maintain itself. SIMPLE. They say around 300-500 calories is recommended. If you do the math, stick to it and apply some exercise, you’ll lose weight.

No.

You use the 10 - 12 cals per 1 lb of total body weight to generate the rough amount of calories you should be eating for fat loss (in other words your calorie deficit level.) It factors in a reasonable amount of exercise so you wouldn't eat back exercise calories.

So, if I weigh 200 lbs I would eat somewhere between 2000 - 2,400 calories per day to start losing weight.

The way it works is this. 10 cals per 1lb of total body weight roughly equates to BMR for women, and 11 cals per 1lb of total body weight roughly equates to the BMR for men.

Therefore if you eat this amount your calorie deficit will be created by all the other elements which amount for the calorie out side of the energy balance equation: daily activity (NEAT/SPA) planned exercise (TEA) and energy cost of eating (TEF)

The higher end of the amount (12 cals per 1lbs of total body weight) does amount to maintenance calories for a completely sedentary person and would therefore be more useful as a calorie deficit starting point for someone who engages in quite a lot of exercise.)

I think it's a great way of getting a reasonable starting point but as said above you don't need to knock anything off it to start losing weight.

Sorry, but this only works if you are close to a healthy weight and BF%. A 5'3", 300 pound obese woman would NOT lose weight eating 3000 calories a day! Or even maintain on that amount.

Body composition plays a HUGE part in your BMR.

Sorry, there are no simple one-size-fits-all answers.
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    What I did to lose weight is simple.

SW: 138lbs.
    GW:125lbs.

I stopped eating Pork and Beef
    I did Insanity workout, currently finishing the second round
    Eat a lot and CLEAN
    No alcohol
    Cut down with sweets and salt
    Weigh myself once every two weeks
    Ran a lot...exercise is the key!
    Don't eat back exercise calories
    STOP mindless eating

My current weight: 118lbs. Weight loss is NOT complicated at all just DO IT! and stop making EXCUSES!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Rubbish? :( Your thread put me off at first (you sounded a little full of yourself...pompous...)...but...then I started reading the replies...and your replies...and I respected it...but now you're just making fools out of everyone? Or do I misunderstand? :( I don't get your "Rubbish" comment... :(

Just a cheap joke. Lighten UP :-) :-) :-)

My advice isn't perfect and doesn't suit everyone. Take what you can from it and use it if you want.
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok, my stomach is big and my *kitten* is small...can I spot reduce my bely while increase the size of my *kitten*?

Raspberry ketones :laugh: [/joke]
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Dude, who are you?

this exactly. excellent question.
    And as you're so confident in your omniscience OP, they're looking for a new pope, maybe you could apply?

I think it is his gorgeous eyes that have us all mesmerized. For some reason, it is hard to disagree with anything he says, or point out his inconsistencies. He could have a great future as a cult leader! :flowerforyou:
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump for later:bigsmile:
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Current scientific study has shown that static stretching ISN'T an effective way to warm up

Don't sweat it, pal. This thread is probably riddled with misinformation! I'm just going by experiences and what's worked perfectly for me.

Plus there are studies for and against everything if you look hard enough.

uhhh...you should have a few more scruples about presenting your opinions as facts if you think they are "riddled with misinformation" . and if you look actually hard enough you find facts not just opposing arguments. and if you don't find them, don't present them as facts. over and out.
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump for later : )
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    bump - so I can read when the boss leaves:laugh:
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Are you kidding me? :noway: :noway: :noway: Just seen it :noway: :noway:

OMFG!!!! That dude is not human!! (So jealous!) Will have to book mark this for a next year -- or next two years!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options

advice on weak abdominal wall?

tumblr_mdc6hbRk0T1rjsq7zo1_500.jpg

I did this and saw great results. As you progress increase the length of time and number of reps as you feel comfortable to keep your body guessing
    Quoting for later. :)Thanks
  • Pigbear
    Pigbear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. I lost 2.5 stone in 6 months and then maintained for a couple ofmonths (around christmas).For the past few weeks I fell into the trap of thinking that reducing my calories and not doing exercise would work (basically because I couldn't be bothered to exercise). This meant I did lose for the first week but then slowed/plateaued and started to feel a bit different (not bad but I could tell I was heading for a bad place). So this week I haver decided to up my Calories to the MFP recommendation and continue with my swimming and walking 5 times a week. I must say I am feeling more confident and I am not trying to achieve a massive loss weekly which I was trying to after Christmas. 1 - 2 pound a week is fine!

This thread has given me assurance that this is right way to go about.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    uhhh...you should have a few more scruples about presenting your opinions as facts if you think they are "riddled with misinformation" . and if you look actually hard enough you find facts not just opposing arguments. and if you don't find them, don't present them as facts. over and out.

Bye.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Any tips on finding the right number of calories for a person to maintain their new weight on?

Yup! experiment on a 3 weekly basis. No LESS!!! by adding or subtracting 50% of the original increase. Sorry I can't just give you a number, wish I could, but your body and everyone elses has different needs.

so - If you've lost weight and reached your goal yet 3 weeks later, you've lost more. add say +300 calories for the next 3 weeks. If after that you go over -50% (150 calories)

choose the numbers to your preference and stick to for 3 weeks.

Most importantly, if you were HUGE, don't fall into bad habits like fast food and chocolate. they got you into the 'needing to lose weight' position to begin with. Keep up the activity and remember that living / eating healthy is most important, you're goal weight WILL NOT be sustainable forever as you age.

just advice.

"Just Advice" but good advice. All it takes if paying attention, being consistent and not fooling (lieing to) yourself.
  • yonky50
    yonky50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Rubbish? :( Your thread put me off at first (you sounded a little full of yourself...pompous...)...but...then I started reading the replies...and your replies...and I respected it...but now you're just making fools out of everyone? Or do I misunderstand? :( I don't get your "Rubbish" comment... :(

He's just being modest :wink:
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant, I like tips that make me laugh because as far as I'm concerned laughing is a high impact exercise! I think I may even start a class where we can all just sit and lagh at each other, probably wont lose much weight but we will feel awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with looking at the women in bikini thread? lol
  • inkysmurf
    Options
    bumpety bump