Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 107 lbs
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    4'11"

My doctor recommended 95 lb, a BMI of 20.
    My mom was 104 lb at my age, an inch taller, and did not exercise. My grandmother was around 100. I have a banana, straight up and down body shape so I think it looks better on the lean side.

I am aiming for 95 lbs and focusing on shifting lean body composition at this point. I still have a lot of fat around the upper thighs, midsection, and arms. I can't wait until I can rock sleeveless tops!

SW: 154 lb
    CW: 107 lb
    GW: 95 lb
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW: 163.4
    CW:159.6
    GW:115

as of right now i feel as though 115 is practically unattainable but i'd atleast like to get down to 125. For my height between 110 and 133 is the healthy range on the bmi chart..... i'm gonna definitely celebrate when i get back in the healthy range again! :)
    Goodluck to everyone!
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. with small frame. I've been <110 lbs most of my adult life until I started gaining weight 5 years ago. My heaviest was at 140 lbs. I'm currently 120 lbs and want to get back to 110 lbs.
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    I'm 5'0" also. My starting weight is 190. I heard ideal weight was between 95-120? So my goal is 98lbs, but honestly I'll be so happy if i just get to 115! My doctor also recommends that I be in the 95-98lb range since I have a small frame.
  • jessica85009
    jessica85009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft and my goal weight is 114... PS. Right now, I weigh 134. I am aiming for 130 right now, then 125, then 120, and last if possible 114. Calculated that it would take me 5 months to get to my ultimate goal weight, but its ok.
  • dustygn
    dustygn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'3
    HW-163
    CW-150
    GW-134

People tend to think I'm lighter then I am, even those that are about my height and more muscly, I don't get that. I reckon I couldn't pull off anything lower than 121 without looking ill.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - my goal weight is honestly 150-160 - I definitely have a heavier/curvier frame and ever since the end of puberty the lowest I've ever been was 155, so I'm not even sure I can get lower than that (even in junior high my weight was like 135). It'll put me at like a size 10-12 and I'm okay with that. It'll be a lot healthier than where I am now (size 18).
  • llg318ww
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2 ". The most I ever weighed was when I was pregnant at 140 or so. I'm going to be 50 and I was watching my weight creep up a pound a year. So, I've been back to really being careful. I weigh 102. This was my average weight in college and I feel best under 105.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5 feet tall. I am aiming for a gw of 110. Never been there before so I am not sure if that's the right weight for me. I am going to find out though :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    5' tall, maintaining between 102-105. I was as low as 94.5, but that was too skinny. I like being at this weight.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft tall.

SW: 225
    CW: 147
    GW: 128 (according to my BFP)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    People tend to think I'm lighter then I am, even those that are about my height and more muscly, I don't get that. I reckon I couldn't pull off anything lower than 121 without looking ill.

I am in a similar situation - I'm 5'3" and I'm currently floating around maintenance. I got as low as 128 though and could see a rib, so I put a little weight back on (and then too much around christmas- lol!). But I find 133-138 is my happy maintence zone.
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    I am barely 5 feet. I am around 195. My ultimate goal is to be below 140. But to make it to 140 then reaccess that goal to the final. I just want to feel good and fit in my clothes. People don't realize I weight that much. Good luck everyone with your goals. Just started, AGAIN after doing this multiple times but my best luck has been by using MFP as a tool.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2 ". The most I ever weighed was when I was pregnant at 140 or so. I'm going to be 50 and I was watching my weight creep up a pound a year. So, I've been back to really being careful. I weigh 102. This was my average weight in college and I feel best under 105.

This is just like me. I weighed 135 pregnant and now I weigh 100. I wouldn't want to weigh less than that, and feel best at 100 to 104. At 110, weight gain becomes a noticeable change for me. I would always be fine about gaining more muscle, but that is a slow process and I'm happy the way I am now even if I stay as I am.
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My high weight was 135, CW around 120, and GW somewhere around 115 probably.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    4' 11.5 (yes it counts!) :laugh: CW 116.4, GW 110. I got down to 104 in 2011 and everyone said I looked sick. I am muscular and curvy, so I feel comfortable between 108 -111. But that is just a range. I am more focused on my body composition and how I feel in my clothes.

Good luck everyone with their goals!
  • faster321
    faster321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and at my highest weight was 178. CW is 111.8 and my goal is under 115. I am usung myfitnesspal to maintain - I lost weight on another program and overshot a little so needed help tracking to make sure I was getting enough.
    My husband thinks I am still too thin and I still haven't figured out exactly where I want to be. I look great in clothes, but a little thin without them when you get to my age (forties).
  • bluemd21
    bluemd21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. I started at 165, which was a size 10/12. Right now I'm 148 and a size 8. My goal is 140-145, which I'm anticipating to be a size 6 (I'm on the edge of 8/6 right now, depending on the store).

I might weigh more than some girls who are a size 6/8 because I've been doing heavy strength training 3x per week for about a year now. So I've added a lot of muscle. I'm also a D cup, so I like to blame that for at least 5 pounds :)
  • StephShuttle
    StephShuttle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 1" and I'm aiming for about 110 or lower. I've been down to 118 before now and I still felt a little bit too big.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!