alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Baked Haddock
    1 lb haddock with the skin taken off
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    about 1/4c panko or whole wheat breadcrumbs
    1 pat of butter
    fresh lemon

Dunk the fish in the egg wash, then breadcrumbs, and put in a baking pan. I usually cut the butter into tiny pieces and drop randomly on top of the fish. You can leave the butter out if you want but it really adds a lot of flavor for 30-40 calories for the whole recipe. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. I usually serve it with steamed green beans and lots of fresh lemon wedges.

Teriyaki salmon
    1lb atlantic salmon (I tell them to leave the skin on)
    1/4c low sodium teriyaki sauce
    1tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 cloves garlic, minced

Marinate salmon in mixture of teriyaki, soy, and garlic. Place skin side down in a baking pan, and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until desired doneness. Sometimes people like salmon to be a little raw in the middle, I don't so I usually do the full 25 min. Use a spatula and slide it in between the skin and the meat, and the skin comes right off. I have them leave the skin on at the deli because when they cut it off, they take a lot of the fish off with it. Gimmie my fish! This is great served with a spring mix salad, and I make my own dressing!!

Homemade Balsamic (serves 2 or 3)
    2T white balsamic vinegar
    2T extra virgin olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    pinch of brown sugar
    salt and pepper

These are both really easy, satisfying, and pretty low cal.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Not a fancy recipe, but really, really easy way to poach salmon.

* Put a salmon fillet (or as many as you like ) in a saucepan.
    * Pour on some boiling water from the kettle and add some dried herbs (dill, oregano, basil, black pepper are all good)
    * Put the lid on
    * Put on the hob/stove and heat up until boiling again
    * Turn off the heat and leave for 20 mins

It will be perfectly cooked in the residual heat, moist, tender and ready to eat. Or take out of the water and leave to cool - amazing with salad.

I often do it in the morning while getting ready for work - instant lunch or dinner for later and more to keep in the fridge.
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Seared fish tacos w/ jack cheese and salsa :D
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Easy Fish. My fave is Tilapia season with Emerril spice and thrown on the George Foreman Grill. Nothing fancy, low fat, high protein, and as easy as it gets.
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Here is a super easy one. Salt and pepper both sides put some lemon juice on them and bake them at 350 for 15-20 minutes. It is very good with tilapia fillets,

Also a good salmon recipe: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano. Cook skin side down in evoo with a lid over it and some crushed garlic in the pan. Flip after about 15-20 minutes then let it cook for another 10 minutes. When you take it out of the pan you can put some butter on it or not.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have been buying Swai filets and seasoning with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence then a light dusting of flour. I then pan sear it in a touch of olive oil for about 3-4 minutes. Season again with a little fresh lemon juice. It is delicious. Swai tastes like Sandabs to me. If you want to fancy it up (if you have the calories left) you can add a buerre blanc sauce with some capers. Yum!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nezsorou
    Options
    Open a can of tuna, dump it in a bowl. :tongue:
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to cook fish is as an oven bake. Wrap the fish in baking paper or alfoil, along with one or two other things to moisten it and give it flavour. Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes. A few options for what to include with the fish, to get you started:
    * A slice of lemon or lime; or
    * A slice of tomato and a few capers or olives; or
    * Cherry tomatoes cut in half, sliced capsicum (pepper), and slice red onion; or
    * Chopped herbs (parsley, fennel, rosemary, dill or chives) and a little white wine vinegar; or
    * Lemon zest, lemon juice and thinly sliced potato.
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lots of fish recipes to try. Thank you for all the good ideas :)
  • hockeywife91
    hockeywife91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They all sound so good. I'm definitely saving this for later.
  • scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    google blackened cod filets, or blackened whatever kind of fish you like. Flavour from herbs&spices = good for you!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Hard to beat salmon with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and rosemary.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump