HELPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Options
I'm just curious, but if I am eating 1360 calories daily and doing cardio exercises that burn 1360 calories a day...is that good or bad? I am kinda confused on this whole thing. Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!! :D

Replies

• Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat an additional 1360 calories you're good
  • RHinkle26
    Options
    Why would I eat the 1360 again?? I want to lose the weight but I don't want to hurt my body ya know?
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat that back! :laugh:

Eating that, then burning it all off leaves nothing left for your body to function normally on, You're basically going the anorexic route- without actually giving up eating- if you burn ALL your calories
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Why would I eat the 1360 again?? I want to lose the weight but I don't want to hurt my body ya know?

1360 calories is ALREADY a deficit to let you lose weight.

If you are netting 0 calories per day, that is a problem. You will stress your body doing that. Eat back the additional 1360 calories and you'll be fine.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Daily life buns calories, so adding workouts that negate ALL food means you are virtually not eating anything.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Oh Honey.. not eating them back is what will hurt your body.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

THIS.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but if I am eating 1360 calories daily and doing cardio exercises that burn 1360 calories a day...is that good or bad? I am kinda confused on this whole thing. Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!! :D

Bad. Very bad.

You are basically giving your organs nothing. Do that long enough and they will slowly shut down. Food is not the enemy.
  • wease1204
    wease1204 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    if you've got a daily nety calorie intake of 0 you are starving yourself. Your body requires a minimum caloric intake to function and if you are exercising that minimum away, you need to eat more food to replace it. make good food choices and you can't damage your body by "eating too much" like I can see you are worried about. :-)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Eat that back! But I hope you're using a HRM...that's a pretty huge burn, I would be willing to bet you're not actually quite that high.
  • kareemsmom1
    kareemsmom1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 600 net calories to live. If you are working out that much you need it to be protien packed cause you body will eat its muscle!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

1360 calories is ALREADY a deficit to let you lose weight.

If you are netting 0 calories per day, that is a problem. You will stress your body doing that. Eat back the additional 1360 calories and you'll be fine.

This. Do not net 0 calories.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your body needs X calories per day just to survive - this is breathing, keeping up body temp, your heart pumping, etc. Your body uses Y calories per day doing regular stuff like walking around, picking stuff up, cooking, etc. Your body uses Z calories per day doing exercise.

Total calories needed per day = X + Y + Z

In order to lose weight, you should eat a little less (20% is a good number) than X + Y + Z, this is your net calorie intake.

If you are eating 1360 and exercising 1360, that puts you at an extreme deficit for just making your body work. As a general rule, your NET calories should not drop below 1200 daily unless you are on a doctor supervised VLC diet.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    here we go again
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options

How can you burn that much in a day? I guess maybe cause your smaller you burn more? I am new to all of this also I have 1650 a day to eat, and i have try to keep 100-200 left after the end of the day, I burn 120 a day so far on the treadmill, I could not imagine getting even over 500 calories a day exercising but i am bigger guy 220 pounds.

I am kinda confused also. the myfitness gives me my 1640 a day so i should try to stay close to that and not go neg number I think
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing way more exercise than is healthy. There is a thing called adrenal fatigue that can happen from over-doing exercise. You really could cut back a lot and still lose without a problem. The previous posters are correct too about you netting zero= very bad. Take a look at the links and work out how much you should eat to stay healthy.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Here's an example. I have my calories set to 1500. I will eat 1500 calories that day, then if I go to the gym and burn another 1000 calories, I will eat a total of 2500 calories that day. I do this a lot and I am still seeing progress and not gaining weight.