"Weird" foods.

Options
124»

Replies

• OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh, just thought of another one that I just discovered I LOVE - Kale chips!!

Basically you take a big bowl of kale (rip the leaves from the stems) and drizzle a LITTLE EVOO and a few sprinkles of Tamari (wheat free soy sauce) and some pepper and sea salt. Toss it all up so that the oil is evenly disbursed. Next put in a food dehydrator on a low setting for 4-6 hours and you have kale chips! SOOO Good!
  • rb32497
    rb32497 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to put spicy peanuts in my chocolate milk. I usually do this in the mornings after my lift for my breakfeast. My workout partner tried it for the first time the other day and actually enjoyed it.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    :heart: tuna & mayo on my pancakes. topped with maple syrup.
    delicious.
    is this only MY family? anybody else out there with us?
    my kids and dh just can't understand.

You win!!!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My sister made up this weird but delicious salad one day when we were kids:

cottage cheese
    diced tomatoes
    diced onion
    mustard

Trust me, it's yummy! :)
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My BF also enjoys peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. I've taken a bite before, not too bad- but not my first choice! I also enjoy cottage cheese and chips- but I love it with Fritos!
  • lalonzo
    lalonzo Posts: 557
    Options
    ok I have 4 lol

1. The 1st one isn't my fault - lol ... I've never been crazy about eggs so growing up when it was time for breakfast - they used to mix my eggs with grape jelly - it used to turn my eggs green lol - but it was pretty good though - it did always remind me of dr. suess except without ham lol

2. Eating ice cream and dipping hot fries in it - almost in place of a spoon lol

3.Dipping toast in oatmeal

4. Lastly... a mixture of mustard & black pepper that I dip my popcorn into yum! lol but as my husband would say - "yuck!" lol
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I read through all of them to see if anyone had my weird foods taste. As far as I have seen these haven't been listed.

When I was growing up and had a babysitter, I would always have ketsup sandwiches for lunch. That's all I wanted. I still really like ketsup, but not so much the sandwiches anymore.

I got this one from my dad. He would always eat mustard on his fried eggs. I love them runny with lots of mustard. Yummo
    I also get a funny look from people when they see me put mustard on my fried egg.

Kim
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Onion and cheese sandwich. I grew up eating these at my grandmothers. Bunny white bread, kraft singles and a slice of onion (usually a sweet one). My husband thinks it is nasty so I eat them when he is at the fire station. Also when I am making something with cheese and onions (like tacos or burgers) I always eat peices of them while I am cooking. It drives him crazy.

grilled cheese made with grilled sweet onions!!!! On a cheat day... of course!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I used to love Marmite and piccalilli sandwiches when I was younger - can't think of anything more revolting now. Having said that, I ate fish sticks by the pound until I joined MFP - I miss them!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    ok I have 4 lol

1. The 1st one isn't my fault - lol ... I've never been crazy about eggs so growing up when it was time for breakfast - they used to mix my eggs with grape jelly - it used to turn my eggs green lol - but it was pretty good though - it did always remind me of dr. suess except without ham lol

2. Eating ice cream and dipping hot fries in it - almost in place of a spoon lol

4. Lastly... a mixture of mustard & black pepper that I dip my popcorn into yum! lol but as my husband would say - "yuck!" lol

I LOVE mixing jelly with my eggs! YUM
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ok I have 4 lol

Always used to do that. Make a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. Toast 4 slices of bread and butter them. Cut in half and dip in the oatmeal/cream of wheat. Awesome stuff. Haven't done it in 20 years though.

Other ones, though not very weird. Sweet relish on fried eggs. Also adding frozen corn to leftover spaghetti. We only ever did it with left over spaghetti made the day before. Good stuff, lols.
  • BrandyHuff
    BrandyHuff Posts: 28
    Options
    I actually have no idea if this is "weird" but I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing it. I used to eat scrambled egg sandwiches with mayonnaise. It as just scrambled eggs mayonnaise and toast. Once in a great while, it would have cheese on it but usually did not.

I grew up on these and to this day they are my favorite. I love an egg sandwich, scrambled or fried (with a runny yolk) with Dukes mayonaise. I think Dukes is only sold in the South. My grandmother would always make me a sandwich after I got home from school.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like natty pb mixed with pretty much anything, which my husband and kids say smells awful! I like it in cottage cheese, greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc..
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i have always had weird food tastes..at my 5th birthday i had two dozen raw ostyers- wow i was an odd child. well i LOVE sardines- i LOVE them i can eat 6 cans a day- i like them with hot wing sauce and ritz crackers-super super yum!!! i like my steak blue-for those of you that dont know blue is rarer than rare..people always give me funny looks lol. i love liver and liverworste and onion sandwiches..i love salmon lox on my begals, i love raw salmon-by itself, i LOVE LOVE LOVE spinach-in ANY form,RAW squid-its got the crazeist awesome texture, and not really weird but awesome-frozen green grapes

I THINK WE ARE FOOD SOULMATES.

Literally, when I was a little kid, my parents rewarded me for straight a's with a can of smoked oysters.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with ketchup- I think this is perfectly normal but apparently not everyone does:huh:

cottage cheese with craisins- this is my breakfast every day:love:

dried cuttlefish- mmmmm:smooched:

weirdest combo me + bestie invented in high school? Oatmeal raisin cookies, two of them, made into a sandwich with cheese whiz as the filling. Weird and awesome. It's been a loooooooong time since I have done that though LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    cheddar cheese and golden syrup sandwich. or cheese and jam sandwich. or tablet on a sandwich... i come from a family that sticks everything between two slices of bread! my grandad used to eat digestive biscuits on a sandwich lol.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    :heart: tuna & mayo on my pancakes. topped with maple syrup.
    delicious.
    is this only MY family? anybody else out there with us?
    my kids and dh just can't understand.

OMG that's disgusting!! No offense!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I like to put spicy peanuts in my chocolate milk. I usually do this in the mornings after my lift for my breakfeast. My workout partner tried it for the first time the other day and actually enjoyed it.

O M G haha
  • neverrgiveup
    Options
    Pancakes with appelsauce! Delicious :) I dont eat them a lot at all, but when I do eat pancakes, the appelsauce cant be excluded!! ;)