SAHM 5/17 - 5/23

Options
124»

Replies

• blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm just doing some personal assessment to deter myself from discouragement this evening...
    So I'm almost to 30 lbs lost so I uploaded a picture of me at my heaviest from Christmas and a picture of me from yesterday before my sister's graduation (The profile pic). You can see a HUGE difference! If you click on view all my photos in my profile you can take a look. The one of me in the green (awful hideous never to be worn again tent of a) shirt is from Christmas when I hit my highest weight. I started MFP about 2 weeks later and 28lbs and 4 months later, I think it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. 12 lbs to go until I hit my initial goal!!! I can't wait!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Is it to late for me to join in?
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    roughneck--of course not! we are an open group with ppl coming and going as it suits them. we are very supportive and encouraging of one another. sometimes we challenge one another, but we really are just here to boost each other up. so welcome!

trish--great job on the walking!

awwww. the kittens are precious.

melissa, your pictures really show the difference! i've always thought you were pretty, but you look happy and energized in the newest ones! and 28# is A LOT!!!

tara--i'm sorry for the health difficulties of your dad. hope things go well in surgery. and smart thinking on your part to pack those things. maybe bring a crossword or find a word too to keep your hands occupied. mint gum can be helpful too. but most important, i hope for a good procedure and smoother recovery.

katie--welcome back! bummer that the market's been slack. i hope june picks up for you. when do you actually move to OH?

did well on my water. did not get exercise in b/c i had an afternoon appt i forgot about. did some more h-schooling prep. and made time for reading and playing in backyard with dd2 and ds. :)

off to bed--
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Tara ~ I am sorry that your Dad is having health issues. I hope that he gets feeling better quick. Great idea with taking the food.

Melissa~ WOW you look great! Great job.

Roughneck~Welcome

Stacey~I thought they were too. The plus is that the momma is being such a good momma making sure her babies are safe and taken care of. I heard that when it is the first time they have a harder time but she does not appear to have that hard of a time. She was growling at the newspaper boy because he came in the yard while she was nursing her babies! LOL She thought he was going to hurt them or something. She was inside at the time there was no way to get to them. Way to go on the water.

I got my water in today but wasn't able to eat before the time I wanted but I got in another great bike ride it really pushed me. It was almost 6 miles (lots of big hills) done in 48 minutes!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many new people, so much going on, welcome all newbies, I hope you enjoy posting and reading here as much as I do.

Those kittens are the cutest ever!

Great job everyone who has lost weight, I've lost a few pounds, down to my lowest in YEARS, yah!!!! I'm half way there, to my goal weight, I can't wait.

I've still got the nose congestion, so have been taking it easy on cardio workouts, seems to wear me out, but I can still do strength training, drinking lots of water and watching what I eat. Trish, that smoothie sounds delic, I may have to try it.

We have busy weekend, 2 soccer games Saturday in the rain, oh fun, but soccer season is over, then we're taking the kids to see Shrek for my son's birthday, he's turning 10. Sunday we're having the family over for dinner, small family celebration for his bday, and we just found out my sister-in-law and her family (they have 2 kids) are moving to Arlington, Virginia in 3 wks, she is in the Army National Guard here as the Occupational Health Nurse for the state of Idaho, well she just got the job for the Chief Occupational Health Nurse for the United States, its a great opportunity for her and her career, it just sucks they are moving so far, our kids have grown up together, so we will miss them all. It will be a busy 3 wks helping them get ready, farewell party, etc.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and I hope you will have better weather than we will, we are ready for some hot weather!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I decided to weigh in 2 x a week on mon or tues (haven't decided) and Friday. I lost 3 pounds! WOOHOO!!!:love:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Tara ~ Good luck on trying to be healthy this weekend! Sorry about all the stuff going on with your dad, I pray everything goes well with the surgery!

Melissa ~ WOW! Fantastic befores and afters!! Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Roughneck ~ Welcome to the group! Hope you like it here, I personally think we all rock :)

Stacey ~ We won't move until end of July/beginning of Aug, so we still have time. I'm not really that worried about it, I know the market will pick up as people get their orders. The Air Force is super behind on them right now!

Dolphin ~ Sorry your sis is moving so far away, but yay for the awesome opportunity! It's hard to be away from family, but it makes those times you're together so much more precious!

Katie ~ WOHOO!!! Congrats, that's awesome!

I finally saw a .5 drop on the scale this morning! I kept seeing it creep up since my mom-cation a few weeks ago. I went from 141.5 to 144, I know it's not huge, but it's taking awhile to get that back off. I've already burned 3600 calories this week...:noway: I'm helping a friend and going to be her partner when she does C25k, we started it at the same time last year, but she quit 3 weeks into it. I told her I wouldn't let her this time! LOL

The hubby is out 'camping' this weekend with all the other booms (his job). It's called 'Animals in the Woods' and someone always has to go to the ER and someone always gets stuck...fun times, right? I told him before he left that he better not be the one in the hossy :laugh: I'm have a girlfriend over after the kids go to bed for a chick flick (Empire Records..my fav of all time) and margaritas! Tomorrow night I'm going over to play games with other 'single' boom wives. So at least we're keeping busy! Just a matter of eating healthy!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone has a great weekend in store! we are FINALLY going to be able to finish our run for the chickens this weeekend, and cut some more grass. exercise wise, other than the labor intensive stuff that I do around the property wil lbe 4 mile run tomorrow and 11 miles on Sunday. I am determined to do a marathon this fall!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    amazing nicole!!

you are ALL doing so GREAT!! i drank my water but can't say much else + on the fitness front. (tho i did eat a good bf and lunch yesterday)

i have done a very good job on the family front, tho. i can only "brag" about it here cuz you all understand how we try to do it all, but must shift focus here and there.
    sooo yesterday ds and i were at the park for 2 hours. it was great fun for him! and relaxing for me.

and since dh was supposed to be working late last night, i planned a family slumber party for me and the kids. we spread out flannel sheets in the playroom, set up our pillows and blankets and then watched 2 movies, ate pizza and chips, played a cpl rounds of hullabaloo and then the kids had a very short pillow fight. then it was reading and lights out. dh wound up coming home much earlier than expected so he participated in some of the fun, too.
    it was such a sweet thing to do--the kids loved that we (me and them) were all sleeping together. :heart:

today's busy but i think i found a window for exercise--we'll see!
    hope you all enjoy your wknd too!
  • trkoala
    trkoala Posts: 8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Dad's surgery went well. Much better than round one a month ago. There have been some complications since but we are on a day by day wait and see plan with him. The nice thing is that he is not in much pain and is coherent so we are able to have good visits with him AND no one has to stay overnight!

I did well with sticking to healthy, normal eating and not losing control during all this! So now my next hurdle is TOM! Oiy! :) My plan is to just stick with what I've been doing the last week, nothing new, nothing fancy. My husband did tune up my bike yesterday so there may be a possibility of some biking this week, although 90+ degrees and extreme humidity are a bit deterring.

Stacey - I love the family slumber party. My husband and I used to do that when we first got married and we had a fireplace. I bet my boys would think that was awesome!

Katie - Great job! I don't know if I could overcome my compulsiveness to not weigh every day but what a great surprise that is!

Other Katie - I think I am going to start the C25K next week. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    tara-glad to hear the surgery went better. will continue to think on a good recovery.
    and great job not going overboard on the food! that's so hard to do when you're stressed but you did it!

katiem--congrats on the loss!

off to do some filing/packing. later chicas--
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Katie~My philosophy any loss is better than a gain or no loss! That is awesome!

Stacey~Love the idea of the slumber party! I have never thought of that I might try that out sometime. I think that it would be fun and give the kids some good memories.

Tara~Great job on keeping to the healthy stuff. It always feels good to accomplish eating good in any setting especially a stressful one. I am also glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I hope he can go home soon if he isn't already. Just remember that the weight put on for TOM doesn't last. Don't get discouraged. That is awesome that you can now include biking to your exercise. I love going biking. Since my body is so used to pulling kids behind me I need to learn to push myself harder when I am not so that I still get a good burn.

Well yesterday the hubby and myself were tearing out lawn (to put a garden in it's spot). The garbage can full of lawn and dirt fell on my foot. It took the hubby about 30 sec (felt like forever) to get it off my foot. So yesterday I was not able to get as much exercising in as I would have liked to. I was down for the rest of the day icing it off and on. Today I woke up and it was not bothering me at all so we walked to church and back also I am going to try to go for a walk later.

I hope you all had or are having good weekend!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    ouch, katiem!

just got back from 2+hours at the bowling alley for a six y.o.'s bday party. did not eat the pizza or the cake--cuz knew hubby was making some chkn risotto concoction back home. good man there. he even did lots of laundry.

catch y'all tomorrow!