women who carry their weight in the midsection?!

Options

Replies

• Jess4kids
    Jess4kids Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think it depends too on your age, whether you've had kids, etc. I am almost 41, pretty much at goal weight but can't seem to shave off the belly - many times I still look pregnant, especially at night when I'm bloated. As women get older, our waists thicken. Unfortunately, I'm living proof...:P

I haven't had any kids but I'm going to be 40 in a couple of months and I feel this way. At this point, I'm pretty happy with most of my body except my stomach. I'd describe my shape as an hourglass with a spare tire around it. Grrr. Hard to lose weight in the tummy.

I thought the same thing !!!! :)
    Say wha? You do NOT look 40!!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Definitely the same....I am 5'4 apple shaped and it is the darnest to lose that fat layer over this stomach....I have learned it is definitely the eating that controls 90% success on that and the rest is with cardio/lifting.... I am not done yet but have at least start to see some progress... Patience and cooking your foods early...I use to preplan and cook daily...but now I do it at 5-day ahead...and put on separate containers and grab and go...No excuse....Abs or nice core is made in the Kitchen.... Never give up what may take some 1yr may take myself 5 but I will get it.... You can do it to! =)

5'4- 207 Nov 2011

1353397209074.jpg

This week... 144- last weigh in....dont focus on the scale....

IMG_20130129_083237.jpg
    You look amazing! Great work!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Go gluten and sugar free for awhile, you'll notice a big difference in this area. Then slowly add these items back into your diet (IF you want).

does this include natural sugars like fruit as well??
    Yes! i am doing 25 grams of sugar a day and that includes fruit. for the first 3 weeks try no fruit or just in the morning and week 4 you can add fruit to lunch. a banana is like 17/18 grams of sugar so it's not worth it to me. i have added blueberries to oatmeal in the morning. i'm only on week 4 but can tell a difference. i won't measure until week 6. hope this helps somewhat... good luck!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Me! It has improved but still needs some work moving forward.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh Bump!
  • techmom215
    Options
    Great job!!!

I feel that is my hardest as well (2nd to my thighs) but it's all genetics.
    I wish we could target fat loss. I would have kept my boobs! LOL!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are some of my pics I have lost 26 lbs in 9 months. Before I was 154 and right now I'm at 128 i am 5'3

E1213773-DDB0-4D4E-A97C-37A4258D03AE-8948-0000059755E85D95.jpg

91224EE9-9BB3-4140-838E-0E0136AC2A45-8948-0000059751300D6E.jpg
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It's the last to go for me, my nemesis actually. The bane of my existence! The thorn in my side!

Working on it though. =)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" like you, and i carry my weight in my midsection as well. i'll be 34 this year and i've lost 60lbs over the past 1.5-2 years. even though i didn't start counting calories until about 6 months ago, diet is a big part of getting results. i had read in several places that people who store weight in their bellies tend to be particularly sensitive to sugars and carbs. this made sense to me seeing as a lot of people in my family are diabetic. i figured i wanted to avoid diabetes anyway so i may as well cut back on that stuff. i started swapping out white bread for whole grains, white rice for brown or wild rice, daily chocolate binges for fresh fruit. i'm not super strict like some people are - i let myself eat somewhat freely on the weekends and whenever i do have something like white rice i just eat less of it. i also do boot camp three days a week and occasionally go jogging. i find that working out really makes a huge difference when losing weight. i'm still soft from the extra fat i need to lose, but i'm not super "loose" and jiggly. i started at 215lbs and now i'm 155lbs.

b&a2.jpg

That is an amazing transformation! And you even kept a cute booty! I lost what little butt I had, first thing and my thighs are super lean now, but the belly is the last place to start going on me. But it is finally starting to shrink. I have recently discovered skinny jeans, and they work very well. The waist is stretchy enough to fit while the hips and legs are slim enough that they aren't sagging on me.
    Great job!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I do 30 minutes on the rower and hula hoop with a 3lb hoop for 1hr every 3rd day to work on my mid section. I do the hula hoop while I watch tv. I can sure feel my abs getting tighter and belly getting a little smaller.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are some of my pics I have lost 26 lbs in 9 months. Before I was 154 and right now I'm at 128 i am 5'3

E1213773-DDB0-4D4E-A97C-37A4258D03AE-8948-0000059755E85D95.jpg

91224EE9-9BB3-4140-838E-0E0136AC2A45-8948-0000059751300D6E.jpg

WOW! Just WOW! You didn't have that much weight to lose, but that is just amazing the difference it made. It truly is the last place you lose. Makes me almost have hope that I could get abs like that! Well, maybe 20 yrs ago, but maybe I could get close. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • spartans1958
    Options
    you look AWESOME!!!!!
    :smile:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Those of you with the flat bellies, have you had babies? I had 3 and I feel like my tummy will always look like a deflated balloon, even when I weighed 125, 15 years ago.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Look at my pictures. I lost about 50 lbs. If I gain even an inch of weight - it's ALL in teh midsection...hate that.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    WOW. Gorgeous.
  • bak05ers
    bak05ers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is a "body hold"??
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry the first image is so small. I uploaded it, and then resized it, and can't figure out how to get it back to being big. My PC crashed and I lost all of my photos :sad:

The light purple is me at 220, and the dark with the flower is me at 190 (no exercise)

2012-04-02_zps93e86046.jpg

This is me from the summer (left) at 220, and the right is me at 40lbs lost. It's hard to see my belly, but it was HUGE!!
    I just took my measurements, I lost 18.5 inches total so far
    521833_10151407890933684_867191360_n_zps4f0dc2c6.jpg

I had been asked many MANY times how far along I was, or when I was due. Most of my weight is in my belly. Still is, but I'm working on it!!
  • ladyshands
    Options
    i am LOVING this thread! you ladies who shared pictures look great. total motivation for me! my entire body is proportionate except my stomach... If I could just burn it all away... ugh! I have fleeting thoughts of liposuction
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!