What weights are best lbs or kg?

Options

Replies

• RhysGM
    RhysGM Posts: 39
    Options
    I think you are missing the important question.

What colour is the best for maximum calorie burn?

I've wanted to know this for ages.

That's an excellent question, will the weights continue to work if I spray paint them myself? If they still maintain performance for building muscle mass then I would think, military green would be the most effective or racing green with go faster stripes for toning?
  • paulkempjr
    paulkempjr Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer to lift in Twinkies. The standard Twinkie weighs approximately 43g. If there are 453.5 grams in a pound that comes out to about 10.5 Twinkies per pound. Or one Twinkie is 43500kg! even in lbs, 210 Twinkies for a dumbbell curl makes me sound like a beast, weather toning or building muscle!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    trollololololololololxeleventy
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do NOT paint on go-faster stripes! Everyone knows that you should be lifting slowly for maximum effect, if you start going faster then all your effort is wasted.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm about to buy some new weights and just wondering what would be best to buy for building muscle mass, kg or lbs?

your work here is done.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    pound for pound, pounds are better, unless you're British then I like the Euro . . .
  • paulkempjr
    paulkempjr Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It does not matter if the weight is measured in kilograms or pounds. They are simply that two different measuring systems. One is metric, one is not.

Yes but if I understand correctly, body builders are too weak to be power lifters and power lifters are too fat to be body builders. And Americans are typically fatter (no offense intended to anyone) than us Brits, and they use lbs. Now I'd rather be a body builder so should I stick to kgs?!?
    Epic ~Signed, Fat American.
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I prefer lbs to kg when measuring weight loss. Using lbs I have double the weight loss. :tongue:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The pink ones are strawberry flavoured, so they must be the best cos strawberries are so low in calories, right?

This is why strawberry Quik hits 2 separate food groups.

tumblr_lvpb2ty0z71qfr9vzo1_500.gif

SCIENCE!
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Use the feather-filled weights, because a pound of feathers is far bigger than a pound of metal.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Do NOT paint on go-faster stripes! Everyone knows that you should be lifting slowly for maximum effect, if you start going faster then all your effort is wasted.

But surely if you paint them with go faster stripes, you have to work harder to slow them down, so more effort will be needed?
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    HAAHAHHA so good! I thought you were serious.. hahaha
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

But surely if you paint them with go faster stripes, you have to work harder to slow them down, so more effort will be needed?

Negative accentuated reps will be killer with racing stripe plates.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    'Whos that trip trapping over MYYYYYYYY bridge?'
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It does not matter if the weight is measured in kilograms or pounds. They are simply that two different measuring systems. One is metric, one is not.

Yes but if I understand correctly, body builders are too weak to be power lifters and power lifters are too fat to be body builders. And Americans are typically fatter (no offense intended to anyone) than us Brits, and they use lbs. Now I'd rather be a body builder so should I stick to kgs?!?

I was going to say that this is yet again more proof that the American school system sucks but I guess it's you Brits that are really screwed.

Seriously though, I'm with the feather-filled and water-filled weight guys. Trying to repeatedly lift 45# of squishy feathers or water is tough and REALLY gets those secondary muscles working! ...jello works too in a pinch.
  • Colorado6945
    Options
    I can't believe this. just get the weights and use them. If you think in kilos, then get the kg weights. If you think in pounds, then get the pounds.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

pink, obviously.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this. just get the weights and use them. If you think in kilos, then get the kg weights. If you think in pounds, then get the pounds.

Hmmm, think someone just replied to the OP without looking a little closer!!
  • RhysGM
    RhysGM Posts: 39
    Options

I can think in both, although I do tend to convert lbs to kgs in my head, so I guess that's another reason not to use lbs as I don't want to waste training time on working out the weight.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I love PINK! Love it! :love:

I heard pink burns the most too!
This discussion has been closed.