Talking about 130+ pound loss, publicly.

Options
124»

Replies

• xomorganjc
    xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! This was absolutely amazing.. I'm bookmarking this. :)
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I could see parts of mine in there. You're going to inspire people with that talk :-)
  • aggiejk94
    aggiejk94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That was really good! Very encouraging to me. Thanks!!
  • beanaj
    beanaj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    VERY well done! You made me want to stand up and cheer!! :happy:
    I'm going to say to myself next time I'm tempted with cake and ice cream that it will only lead to broken dreams and regret. Thanks for the motivation.
    ps - my parents also bought a nordic track in the 90's! :laugh:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    wonderful!
  • mizchubby69
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and for your honesty. It really helps to know it CAN be done. You should be very proud of your achievements and your speech will be truely inspirational.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    It feels like you are talking to me! Thanks
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone who read my story and took the time to comment! My presentation was a great experience, very cathartic. I hope to do a follow up post once I hit my goal! - Marla
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    I want to read all of this, but I'm just going out the door...I read the first couple paragraphs and was moved by your writing....so I'm tagging this to read when I get home. Thanks for posting and congratulations on your success!
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Let's be friends. :)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Well said and well done!

Love the parts about allowing your goals and motivations to evolve. It's essential to be flexible mentally because healthy weight loss takes time. Finding joy in putting the effort into yourself and finding the determination to follow through when life gets hard are the hardest parts, but once you find them they are hard to lose.

Thank you for sharing publicly!
  • tinabuggy
    Options
    great success story. You'll do fine in your speech. Keep up the good work.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! And you will make a fine speaker!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone who read my story and took the time to comment! My presentation was a great experience, very cathartic. I hope to do a follow up post once I hit my goal! - Marla

Well done, YOU! so happy to hear it went so well!
  • waiting2exist
    waiting2exist Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and the speech. There are quite a few bits in there that hit home with me, and a few tips i'm going to take away. Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!