New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Had a migraine headache yesterday so I ended up doing nothing. Still feeling the headache a bit today but it is better. We'll see how I feel this afternoon when I get home from work. Sitting in front of a computer all day is not helping.

I'm repeating a week so this is technically my 4th week. I feel a difference already in muscle definition although my scale hasn't indicated much change in body fat or muscle % (but those are not the most accurate measurements due to body water). I have to eat a LOT more to keep my weight from dropping, usually close to 3000 calories a day. My reps & weights used are slowly increasing - to the point that my existing weights are not heavy enough for several exercises. I think we will upgrade to the adjustable Bowflex dumbbells that go up to 90 lbs. Just waiting for any discount.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Day 11/90 done (yesterday). Did my second go at Yoga and was AMAZED at how much I could do this week as opposed to last. I held the wheel AND crane (not for the whole time mind you, but I DID get into position for both) and definitely felt much more flexible and strong during the yoga moves.

Day 12/90 tonight and I have legs & back. Those wall squats are killer! lol
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Those wall squats are killer! lol

I love the wall squats! I do one every night and challenge myself to hold it a little longer. I'm up to 3-1/2 minutes without moving. Hoping to be at 4 minutes by the end of the week.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Im on week 7, round 6.
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 4/90 - Yoga X done
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Morning! Yoga done. I did the Fountain of Youth and it was good but I have pretty bad carpal tunnel in my right hand and even push ups are uncomfortable so doing the vinyasas wasn't too good. I'm thinking I might either do some Brazil Butt Lift High & Tight (my problem area) on Thursdays or Cardio X.

Oh yeah.....................HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :heart:

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day! Getting ready to do legs/back, woohoo! Almost done with week 5 and feeling great!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 5/90 - Legs and back done!
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chest & Back - DONE
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! It was supposed to be Kenpo today, but I wasn't feeling it and did Cardio X instead. Also, I'm down 2 lbs this week!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 6/90 - kenpo x done!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms - DONE

Yesterday was supposed to be an off day, but my wife talked me into doing one of her Insanity DVDs. It was pretty tough, even for a "recovery week" workout
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 8/90 - Chest, back and abs done!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Anybody have one of those weeks where you totally get off track? That was me last week. I did the Chest & Back last Monday but the rest of the week I had bad headaches and pain/tightness going down both sides of my neck and into my shoulders. I don't know what I did but it felt like hot wires going down my neck with lots of spasms. I didn't feel better until Saturday. I felt great yesterday and even went out mountain biking for close to 10 miles.

I'm going to get back into it today and probably reduce the intensity a little. I'm thinking about just starting over from day 1 due to missing so many workouts over the past 2 weeks.
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Kenpo X - DONE! Also did One-on-One Cardio Intervals. I'm off work today so I figured I might as well crank out some extra cardio
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning! Sorry I was MIA this weekend; lots going on. But be assured, I got in my workouts! I am however, not happy with my eating this weekend! Ugghhh! Not complete crap but not totally clean either!

This is my recovery week before starting phase II but I will be doing some kickboxing and then I also have my P90X classes that I teach too. Keeping in the back of my mind that I have to be in a bikini next month!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!!! :frown:

timeasterday: I hope you're feeling better! That didn't sound good at all! Did you ever figure out what it was?
  • timeasterday
    Options
    timeasterday: I hope you're feeling better! That didn't sound good at all! Did you ever figure out what it was?

No, I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I strained something in my neck. A hot pad and lots of rest seemed to help loosen it up. I'm ready to go this week!
  • Tena2613
    Tena2613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I started last year in April my starting weight was 149lbs, I am now 131lbs and I am 47 years old! So keep up the good work!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good for you, I started last year in April my starting weight was 149lbs, I am now 131lbs and I am 47 years old! So keep up the good work!

Awesome results!!! So, are you starting another round?
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps - DONE