Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options
2»

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-green-coffee-beans-more-weight-loss-pseudoscience/

I've posted this several times. This is why Science is awesome, and people who know how to read the studies properly, are even more so...
  • Kate48230
    Kate48230 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's now three weeks later; how are you doing with them?
  • brendahanson
    Options
    APPARENTLY according to a herbal magic representative (im on their 2 weeks plan) the coffee bean extract has a chemical in it that they also use in petri-dishes(sp?) to form cancer cells.....

i have 3 bottles and im terrified to use them now
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    APPARENTLY according to a herbal magic representative (im on their 2 weeks plan) the coffee bean extract has a chemical in it that they also use in petri-dishes(sp?) to form cancer cells.....

Herbal Magic Reps have no training on nutrition.. their sole job is to push the pills that herbal magic has. If coffee bean extract freaks you out check out what is in their products. I've heard many many horror stories about Herbal Magic. Pills are not the answer.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Green coffee beans are so 2012. 2013 is all about the red palm oil

LOL.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Herbal Magic Reps have no training on nutrition.. their sole job is to push the pills that herbal magic has. If coffee bean extract freaks you out check out what is in their products. I've heard many many horror stories about Herbal Magic. Pills are not the answer.

Take 2 capsules of "Cascara Sagrada" and then come back on here to tell us how the herb didn't work.
  • jamie0071
    Options
    My experience has been pretty good, I bought a 30 pill bottle online to try and after taking it twice a day(800mg 2x a day) which lasted me a week and in the past 10 days I've lost 10lbs, I've also been watching what I eat and exercising regularly, but I ran out 3 days ago and i notice I haven't been losing as much weight as i was when I was taking the pills, in the 3 days I haven't taken them I've only lost half a pound, but while taking them I lost about 2lbs every 2-3 days, I bought a bigger 60-day bottle so we'll see how well they continue to work!
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-green-coffee-beans-more-weight-loss-pseudoscience/

I've posted this several times. This is why Science is awesome, and people who know how to read the studies properly, are even more so...

FIRST: There are no miracle pills, just help to get the body to do what it should be doing. As always, never expect a “miracle in a bottle”! This can lead to disappointment, and disappointment is the killer of weight-loss!

Green Coffee Bean Extract is supposed to burn fat faster due to the Chlorogenic acid. Chlorogenic acid is a major polyphenol (antioxidant) in coffee that inhibits the enzyme G6P (glucose-6-phosphatase) that promotes the formation of glucose (sugar) in the liver after a meal. . If the enzyme is inhibited the body has to get its energy from fat cells instead of the release of glucose. Basically, Chlorogenic acid stabilizes blood sugar levels, reduces the absorption of fat from food, and boosts the metabolism; enhancing the burning of fat.

The antioxidant affect is also used to slow down the aging process, and improve circulation and muscle tone.

The site listed above says that roasted coffee has Chlorogenic Acid, but this study actually shows that Roasting the beans significantly reduces the Chlorogenic Acid. This article published under the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19530715 stated “When green beans were roasted at 230 degrees C for 12 min and at 250 degrees C for 21 min, total chlorogenic acid content was reduced to nearly 50% and to almost trace levels, respectively. The results indicate that roasting conditions play an important role in chlorogenic acid content in roasted coffee beans. A general correlation between total caffeoylquinic acids and pH was observed.”

It is nearly caffeine free about 23mg vs. 100-200mg for a regular cup of coffee (or 400+mg in a Venti-large coffee). No participants in the studies or the Doctor Oz experiment reporting getting the “jitters”, and in fact most participants had reduced heart beats by 2 beats per minute.

There are no indications of any harmful side effects. As a precaution: The supplement is new, and there is no research on its effects on children. Therefore young people under the age of 18 and pregnant or breast feeding women should not take this supplement. You also shouldn’t take this if you have an allergy to coffee or caffeine.