i dont understand some people here

Options
1235»

Replies

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well everyone! Thanks for your input! I am actually doing an article for human behavior/reactions. I posted this because yes I think people can be rude but I also posted because I needed to see how many different personalities collide with this statement. You all showed very many different reactions to my post. A lot of negatives and some positives. Its a proven fact that the average human thinks more negatives than positives. Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journey!
    I just reviewed all the posts you made in this thread. If you were truthfully posting this for soliciting reactions for an article, you were not objective at all. You shaped responses in your follow up posts (ELEVEN follow up posts!). What happened to objectivity? Many of the reactions aren't organic at all. If you wanted to simply get reactions to your original post, why not just post it, then record the reactions?

Also, why do you state multiple times what your intention of the original post was (wish for more positive people, not to rant, be more positive, stand up for what you believe in, etc.) But only near the end of your posts do you "come clean" and reveal that this was all for an article? You are misleading your audience. I'm sure you had good intentions, but I don't trust your explanation.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Well everyone! Thanks for your input! I am actually doing an article for human behavior/reactions. I posted this because yes I think people can be rude but I also posted because I needed to see how many different personalities collide with this statement. You all showed very many different reactions to my post. A lot of negatives and some positives. Its a proven fact that the average human thinks more negatives than positives. Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journey!
    I just reviewed all the posts you made in this thread. If you were truthfully posting this for soliciting reactions for an article, you were not objective at all. You shaped responses in your follow up posts (ELEVEN follow up posts!). What happened to objectivity? Many of the reactions aren't organic at all. If you wanted to simply get reactions to your original post, why not just post it, then record the reactions?

Also, why do you state multiple times what your intention of the original post was (wish for more positive people, not to rant, be more positive, stand up for what you believe in, etc.) But only near the end of your posts do you "come clean" and reveal that this was all for an article? You are misleading your audience. I'm sure you had good intentions, but I don't trust your explanation.

Maybe we should all charge for consulting fees ?
  • campfies92
    Options

To get a reaction. It was very unethical I agree. It may be slimmy. I didn't not intend to create havoc here. I said early on that I did this not only cause I feel this way but for a paper. I do think people are rude, my opinion. But I also did not fire things up and state my true opinion, because for one, I really don't like to argue with people i dont know over the internet. It doesn't get you anywhere. But on the other side the reactions to my post were as I expected. I am no saint, I am just an average person like the rest of you. I have goals, a family, and a life. We don't live in a world where positive overcomes the negatives. I do not wish to have anyone upset over this post. I am apologising. Except it or not. Thank you all again! Been a big help in many ways. Good luck to all of you!

-Stephanie
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

To get a reaction. It was very unethical I agree. It may be slimmy. I didn't not intend to create havoc here. I said early on that I did this not only cause I feel this way but for a paper. I do think people are rude, my opinion. But I also did not fire things up and state my true opinion, because for one, I really don't like to argue with people i dont know over the internet. It doesn't get you anywhere. But on the other side the reactions to my post were as I expected. I am no saint, I am just an average person like the rest of you. I have goals, a family, and a life. We don't live in a world where positive overcomes the negatives. I do not wish to have anyone upset over this post. I am apologising. Except it or not. Thank you all again! Been a big help in many ways. Good luck to all of you!

-Stephanie

But you didn't gather any data, qualitative or otherwise, of any sufficient amount to do anything useful. More offensive than being dishonest, you're being sloppy. Shame on you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this post is kinda like putting some bacteria or germ in a petri dish, and in order to get "better" results, you keep adding more stuff to the dish, instead of just observing the initial reaction. Talk about leading the witness, or specimens, in this case.
  • deoboed
    deoboed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hope for your sake that it wasn't a paper for a university level course. This sort of "research" would never be accepted. Even surveys often require IRB approval, and when they don't you are required to get a waiver. If you don't know what an IRB is, you likely are not in a place that is actually encouraging real research. Be careful submitting this as research as well, as the nature by which you instigated the thread could actually wind up reflecting poorly on you as a researcher and writer.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

-Stephanie

But you didn't gather any data, qualitative or otherwise, of any sufficient amount to do anything useful. More offensive than being dishonest, you're being sloppy. Shame on you.

MFP could probably sue as they likely own the property rights to the posts
  • Wickedone1973
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

This exactly.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Mean people thread #1,379.

I'm not even going to finish reading it. These are getting tiresome.