Gym offenses...

Options

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    offended? I would rate and critique it.
    Same here!

The only things that bother me at the gym are...
    1. Those who go from machine to machine and never stop to wipe one down. I wipe them before and after I use them now. It just takes a few seconds.
    2. The machine I want is taken up with someone who just sits and plays on their cell phone. I don't want to be rude and ask them to give it up, but there is a lobby if all they want to do is sit.

Farts and belches are normal. Everyone does them at some point or another. I don't let things like that offend me.
  • Jodi827
    Options
    Seriously? Would so not be offended.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was at the gym yesterday and was on the bench press and a guy next to me just burps..... well the girl in the area said that she was so offended she actually went up to the front counter to complain. I mean really??? Its not like he went right into her face and let'er rip. He even said excuse me and she still had her panties up her butt.... So I ask this... Would any other female out there get offended by this action in this same manner? What other actions do us guys do in the gym that offend?

That would make me laugh. Honestly? I have yet to be offended at my gym. I am too busy counting reps, and mentally telling myself what a bad a** I am!

I had a guy fart near me, blew a really loud one too. I just hid my face and laughed. Didn't want to offend him.

You know what does offend me? When stupid beyotches without any sweat on their faces sit around hogging the equipment while they blab with their friends. Does that count?

The only people I can't stand at the gym are the ones who bathe in cologne/perfume. I don't go complain to the management though....just try to steer clear of the stink zone.
  • ECatherineS
    Options
    Psh! That's ridiculous. I had a guy rip one on the elliptical next to me the other day. It smelled like someone died and I had no way to get away from it. haha
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    She should have upped the ante and farted.

hahahahaha awesome
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I was once enjoying a really relaxing cool down on a cycling machine in my gym, when this guy decided to use an elliptical next to me. He began to sweat profusely.. I don't know what the hell he'd been eating, but it was all coming out in his sweat! Very garlicky. That has to be an offense. BO is something you put up with in a gym, but garlic sweat? I had to cut my cool down short and leave!

There was also a guy who got up and started leaping round the gym whilst screaming because I'm guessing he'd hit a goal or something. I don't really see it as an offense, but it didn't really seem appropriate either, lol.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Management probably told her she shouldn't have been in the man section anyways.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Psh! That's ridiculous. I had a guy rip one on the elliptical next to me the other day. It smelled like someone died and I had no way to get away from it. haha

Tried running away, did ya'? :wink:
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It wouldnt bother me. I'd return the favor by burping even louder.

Guess that woman was a little classier than I am.

NICE.... :bigsmile:

Same here... I wouldn't care
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The only thing that offends me at the gym is when people can't put the bells back in matching pairs. That said, I totally crop dusted the gym yesterday, sorry...
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Management probably told her she shouldn't have been in the man section anyways.

That'll learn her!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Can't help wondering, what the heck did she expect them to DO about it? I'd be like, "Sorry, honey, but we can't control other people's bodily functions...really." :noway:
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Only time I've been offended was I'm pretty sure a guy sh** himself squatting in the squat rack once.. He was squatting.. then he dropped the weight off and busted towards the locker room as this smelled filled the area.. The whole area stunk so bad forever

S**t happens. :laugh:

OMG...can't...stop...laughing...sides hurt...ROFL

WIN :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Only time I've been offended was I'm pretty sure a guy sh** himself squatting in the squat rack once.. He was squatting.. then he dropped the weight off and busted towards the locker room as this smelled filled the area.. The whole area stunk so bad forever

Hey now...I accidentally squeaked a bit of one out one time when I was trying to a deadlift PR with a stomach virus. I think I was more pissed about the fact that it made me give up on the pull than the fact that I had to go clean my *kitten* afterward.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    The only thing that offends me at the gym is when people can't put the bells back in matching pairs.

This offends me as well..... HA!!!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was at the gym yesterday and was on the bench press and a guy next to me just burps..... well the girl in the area said that she was so offended she actually went up to the front counter to complain. I mean really??? Its not like he went right into her face and let'er rip. He even said excuse me and she still had her panties up her butt.... So I ask this... Would any other female out there get offended by this action in this same manner? What other actions do us guys do in the gym that offend?

As a guy, I think the girl's complaint was fair enough. Its pretty ordinary behaviour and shows a total lack of respect for one-self and other gym users.
    Another thing that particularly offensive is when some people attend the gym and put on dirty and putrid smelling gym clothes - or maybe they just don't wash for days at a time? There are certainly a lot of people out there who swim in the shallow end of the gene pool.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    This post reminded me of this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xFaJUZRkQM
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ben, the rancid gym clothes thing is my total pet peeve. I've actually had to leave the gym because people smelled so bad.

About the burping. People should have better manners, but i'd ignore it. Unless he was playing fratboy.

You know, people, if you are working out in a public place, show some manners. :smile:
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The only thing that offends me in the gym are the people that take up space, but never really accomplish anything! Had 3 girls the other day laying on the floor mats talking like they were in someones bedroom! Not just for a few minutes, they were there over 20 minutes doing a crunch here and there...Like really! Grrr. burping is not a big deal, **** happens when your pushing your body.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Dripping ur sweat all over the equipment and not wiping down. Faux pas number one.
    Also being 60 year old man and looking at my bum , in the mirror blatantly. Not cool!

Whats the age requirement for looking at your bum?
    Oh any age...........but don't when its flooping all over the place on the treadmill........don't stare. Lol.

But could you make an exception if the gawker was 80 years old and a billionaire? hmmmmmmm?