Ideas for my wife's bday.

Options
13»

Replies

• AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    OMG this sounds so amazing! Can't see why she wouldn't love this.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Go for it, Ed! You know your wife better than anyone and no two relationships are the same. I hope you both enjoy the day!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Ed,
    I thought the fortune cookie idea someone mentioned above sounded interesting!:drinker: I hadn't realized you could steam one open and insert your own lil love note or add something to it. What a fun idea, I'm going to keep that in mind!:wink:

I think your plans sound lovely, who knows your wife better than you do!:wink: I bet she feels incredibly fortunate to be married to someone so romantic, have a wonderful time planning the picnic etc. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, you definitely seem to love your wife a lot!!

I'd love to see a photo or two of her. You should add some of the two of you to your profile pics! :) Maybe from Mother's Day...when you did all that nice stuff for her then. :drinker:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It is what it is,,,
    Or is it? :tongue: I keep biting my tongue, and maybe I'll wish I continued to do so, but I have a hard time believing this is for real. Sorry. Maybe it is, and if so, I hope it works for them. I'm not very romantic, so that probably colors my opinion, but if I were, and if I wanted my husband to do things like this, I think I'd feel weird about him first running it by a bunch of people who didn't know us.

He's gotten some good ideas from this thread to add to his wife's Birthday. There is nothing wrong with asking people on a website that is meant to support people positively in their lives for advice. All the people that replied rudely to the thread should head the advice our mothers told us growing up; "If you don't have anything nice to say (in this case type), don't say (type) it at all."

Hope your wife has a great Birthday ED!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

I'd love to see a photo or two of her. You should add some of the two of you to your profile pics! :) Maybe from Mother's Day...when you did all that nice stuff for her then. :drinker:

If that isn't the understatement of the century
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

If that isn't the understatement of the century
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    I agree with Ryhenblue, if you dont have nothing pleasant to say, keep it to yourself! I think Ed handled all the negative comments perfectly. Its hard to be nice to rude, cruel people.

This site was created for us to help one another. You are not going to agree with what everyone here does or say, so if you dont like it, keep clicking your mouse and move on. Leave your negative comments for someone close to you, hurt them instead...how about that. You never know what someone is going thru that your cruel words will be the ultimate knife in the back.

Ed keep surprising your wife!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own way of expressing their love to their spouse or partner. Ed, I for one celebrate you for being kind, considerate and thoughtful. Also, 1 Corinthians says that love bears all things, hopes all things and endures all things. Love NEVER fails. So keep being the loving husband that you are. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Yep, I had a feeling I'd regret making that post. I should learn to trust my gut more.

I was giving my honest feedback, which was that the original post felt a little "off" to me. I also said I could be reading it entirely wrong, and that I wished nothing but the best for them. I was being sincere and not passive aggressive. Ed asked for advice, and while I didn't give advice directly, I let him know that I would feel really weird if my husband posted something like that on a message board. I don't think I'm a rude, cruel person. I'm sorry if that's how I came across.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I dont see any attacks, I just see people stating how they would respond to such a gesture from their spouse. Not everyone enjoys the ultra romantic moments. that's all.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! But you already knew that from all the previous posts.

I'm trying to do something really special like that for our 25th anniversary next Tuesday but we both work. This weekend our daughter is graduating so really no time then and we have house guests. Maybe a surprise next week? But will it seem like an after thought or that I'm trying to over compensate?

BTW, already ordered the dozen roses to be delivered to work Tuesday, ordered a special cake for that evening, made a powerpoint of our lives together (not quite done yet) and of course, bought the card....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Excellent idea! But you already knew that from all the previous posts.

I'm trying to do something really special like that for our 25th anniversary next Tuesday but we both work. This weekend our daughter is graduating so really no time then and we have house guests. Maybe a surprise next week? But will it seem like an after thought or that I'm trying to over compensate?

BTW, already ordered the dozen roses to be delivered to work Tuesday, ordered a special cake for that evening, made a powerpoint of our lives together (not quite done yet) and of course, bought the card....
    Oh very neat! I love the idea of the PP vid, I'll bet she'll love that staps:happy: I dunno a surprise next week isn't a bad idea, as she's also aware of the guests and graduation and such and the inability to perhaps not be able to do it sooner.:flowerforyou:
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree this is something i'd never do personally, and my girlfriend would find it pathetic if I tried to i'd imagine, but if it works for these people then I say let them get on with it. I hope it goes well man!

One thing to note is that an open forum like this means anybody is entitled to their opinions - good or bad - and shouldn't be chastised for stating them. If people think Ed's ideas of romance are fake, over-gushy, wrong, stupid etc. then that is their prerogative and we need to respect people's opinions.
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Bumping
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I agree this is something i'd never do personally, and my girlfriend would find it pathetic if I tried to i'd imagine, but if it works for these people then I say let them get on with it. I hope it goes well man!

One thing to note is that an open forum like this means anybody is entitled to their opinions - good or bad - and shouldn't be chastised for stating them. If people think Ed's ideas of romance are fake, over-gushy, wrong, stupid etc. then that is their prerogative and we need to respect people's opinions.

I do agree and while my response may not have been PC will stand by it as this is not the first thread where the OP has posted a fairy tale romance scene and then asked "what do you all think,is this good?"

That is just a little bit out of the norm and I would encourage Ed to reflect on why if this is real he needs to feel he has to go so far to get appreciation or what is he getting in return as far as emotional satisfaction from the union.

If this is going to be a nothing more then a pat each other on the back and say "there there" or "you rock" forum then it needs to be made clear it is so,but if a person sees something that may be troublesome (a while ago a poster was caught by their own words fabricating a story of a son being killed) then it needs to be exposed.

I am one that does treat ladies as princesses without repeated threads asking if it was okay or good,you do that by respecting her,listening,being honest and caring.

This won`t be popular but don`t care,reality often sucks...Ed if you feel you have to do this over the top stuff to make her happy or fulfill her then please please exam what is going on.
    Do you receive the same great thought and care in return or is it a one way street?
    Not being mean but am just a bit realistic about everything
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Yeah Ed!! Your marriage must be seriously flawed because planning a picnic for your wife is just SO over the top. :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Yeah Ed!! Your marriage must be seriously flawed because planning a picnic for your wife is just SO over the top. :laugh:
    ::laugh: :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    <<Edited out, leave it alone. Happy birthday Mrs. OfGod>>.
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Awwww....you are a good man and you wife is a VERY blessed woman!!

That sounds like a perfect day to me!!! I love every bit of it! You don't even need the earrings - the picnic and the songs and the special spot....come on now that is a gift!! I will say that since you are a gem and went above and beyond, I would bust out the earrings on your special day together!!! VERY romantic!!!!

Spa gift.....OHHH YEAH!!!

Suggestions - hmmmm well have nana take the kids overnight and after the picnic draw her a bath with rose petals.....

Bless you both!! Have an AMAZING time together celebrating your lovely wife and your love for each other!!!