Calling all bikers--Biker Challenge!

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I wished I was out riding today...no word on my bike yet...

Does that count?
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Doozie,

I use accuweather.com premium service. Currently as a trial so it is free. If I decide to keep it it is $9 a month. Since I have a pretty rigorous training regiment and not as much time as I'd want to have for riding I thought that might help. They give you an hourly detailed forecast that is pretty accurate. The regular, free service (not premium) gives you that for three days, which might be enough.
    Thank you so much for this site! It looks like I will be able to ride to work again tomorrow. They say the bad weather won't hit until late evening!
    I rode to work Tuesday 25 mile r/t (left work early and got in an additional 15 miles)
    Wednesday rode to work 25 mile r/t
    65 miles so far!
    Thank you all for keeping my motivated. :heart:
    I have to say I have a tough time eating all my calories on days I ride to work. I feel like I am force feeding myself in the evening. Does any one else feel this way??
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I have to say I have a tough time eating all my calories on days I ride to work. I feel like I am force feeding myself in the evening. Does any one else feel this way??

Planning is the key--know when you're going to exercise, plan ahead, and it gets easier. Eat a big breakfast is part of it, so you're not eating all your calories in one meal and that late in the day.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    I didn't get to ride today, but we went and hiked some GORGEOUS state park trails in the Big Sur area...oh my god the main trail we hiked was only 6 miles, but put it this way our 18 mile hikes in Tahoe doesn't touch the difficulty of that trail....it was strenuous, hot, beautiful and simply breathtaking!
    If you all have a myspace I posted pics. I'm off private right now so enjoy.....
    back to the bike tomorrow :bigsmile:
    Kelly
    biker1.gif

http://www.myspace.com/norcalgrllvsathletics
  • shorerider
    Diva--

Day sounds great--I love that area of California--it is beautiful
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    19 mile this morning. Would have done more but kids have VBS and I had to get home!!!
  • shorerider
    I got in 30.5--wanted to go 35 today but ran out of water at the 25 mile mark so headed home--it's 75 degrees here and I didn't want to go another 10 without hydration.

Let's see--that makes 75 this week for me!

25 more to go to make me century week!
  • Doozie
    Shorerider,
    You only pledged 50 miles a week! You are incredible! Thank you for starting this post to keep us all motivated to continue to beat our goals.
  • ohthatbambi
    19.29 miles this morning. Would have done more but kids have VBS and I had to get home!!!

I came home from dropping them off and did 11.84 so that makes 31 and some change. My most ever in one day! Yeah me!!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    WTG shorerider and bamboo!!!!
  • stschulz
    18.5 miles today.
    brings the total for this week to 59.5.
    Pledged 50.

I work on the weekend but if I am not too tired I'll add a few more miles after work.
  • ohthatbambi
    If I did my math right, I am at 79 miles for the week for me. Yeah me!:drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    After riding my 31 miles this morning I have found that I am HUNGRY! I wore my HRM and burned a total of 1248 calories. At the rate I am going I might eat all of them!! Probably not, but close!!
  • Doozie
    After riding my 31 miles this morning I have found that I am HUNGRY! I wore my HRM and burned a total of 1248 calories. At the rate I am going I might eat all of them!! Probably not, but close!!

I struggle eating all my calories when I go for a long ride. I feel like I am stuffing my self! I am trying to find different options to eat. I seem to eat the same things over and over. I also need to stay with healthy foods. I do have a problem of seeing I have an additional 1000 calories to eat and going for cake!
    Does any one have good meal options that are easy??
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    I got to ride 11 more miles this evening. It was great. 72 for the week so far. For the first time I can remember in my life I stood on the pedals and cranked up a hill in the hardest gear. I could actually hear the bike sort of grunt under me. Another first happened today, I weighed less after dinner than I did before breakfast. I had gained 4lbs right after I started and I am nearly back to that starting weight. I dare to hope I will be a little lighter in the morning. I just want to move my little ticker so bad! Funny how that motivates me. Weird, I know, yet fun somehow. :bigsmile:

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stschulz
    Peanut Butter Sandwich is always a good option. Good to replenish carbs too.

I have to really plan my rides now including eating a good meal before I go. Made the mistake once though to eat pancakes during a 60 mile ride years ago and ended up runing for a bathroom during the ride. NOT good:embarassed:

But try to eat some of your calories ahead if you definetly get ready to ride. I feel like stuffing myself too.

Bought Nutella just for after exercise treats. Nice.
  • Doozie
    I usually just have an Activia for my morning snack. I will start to sub that with a PB sandwich see how I do with that. I am such a creature of habit, always eating the same old thing.:yawn:
    I will try this Nutella and hope I don't eat it all in one sitting! Sounds fab!
    BTW got in 25 miles today!
  • I did it I made it out for a ride it was shorter that I wanted because my tire was low but I STILL did 14 km it felt great.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    I only go in a 10 miler today.
    Monday = 41
    Tuesday = 38
    Thursday = 10
    Total = 89
    I am kind of sore from yesterday. But today we did walk down to Fisherman's Wharf, that was about a 5 mile walk round trip. Then tonight, sore and all after the short ride, I decided to go for a run/ walk for an hour on the trail.
    Tomorrow we are back to riding up the coast...YEAH!!! I can't wait to reach my 100 mile mark for the week.
    Happy riding my friends...
    Kelly fiets870.gif
  • stschulz
    25 miles is great Doozie. Sounds as if you are approaching a stage where you really have to plan and watch even closer than usually what you eat and drink. I I was not aware of that when I started counting my calories. I plan my rides because I am training for a metric century in August (65 miles), so I use a Trainings paln and have to do a certain milage every week. ( I go by longest ride, not weekly milage). You need to plan for fluid and electrolytes and... men I thought exercise was easier than that!

The nutella is a really great treat Doozie, but be careful. It IS addictive! I have it in the most difficult to reach part of my closet where I can not even see it:ohwell: