i have to empty the whole plate

Options
HELP!!

i just realized... i am over-stuffed, but i had to finish my plate...
i feel bad if i "waste" the food that i bought and made. so i eat it, altough i am full.

i know about to go boxes and smaller portions, but about boxes -> i buy food for the whole week, so the box would be an additional meal, that i of course eat if its there...
and smaller portions, yes, but then i m afraid that i am hungry-crave-and then eat bad stuff too much..

idk, its a weird thing, but maybe someone can give some good ideas on that.

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Use smaller plates... sounds gimmicky but it works
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    well, i dont use "plates" i just prepare the weighed food, and thats my "plate"
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    well, i dont use "plates" i just prepare the weighed food, and thats my "plate"

Prepare less food?
    Also, willpower.

I'm really not sure what you're asking us to do here. You seem to have an excuse for all suggestions.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Use smaller plates... sounds gimmicky but it works

THIS

I'm not sure what you mean by you don't use plates? You eat off of what exactly? Do you eat it out of the pan? Are you just preparing it in a pot and shoving it into your mouth? Use a plate.. a dish which you put your food on and use a small one. The smaller plate will trick your mind into thinking it's getting a lot because you can easily fill the smaller plate with less food than a larger one.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem what works for me

Use smaller plates
    Package all leftovers as soon as you've made your plate

to avoid that not full feeling
    Eat Slower (I use chopsticks to help with this)
    Drink water regularly throughout the day but don't drink during meals or for 30 minutes after

to avoid "bad" snacking
    don't keep extra food in the house.
    Only stock snacks that are low or 0 calorie
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    this might have been said already, but i just use small plates, put the rest in the refrigerator and pack it for lunch or eat it for dinner for the rest of the week! (but then again, i'm also the type of person okay with lack of variety)
  • Dixie_Darling
    Options
    I've always had the "wasting food" thing as well until someone told me something that really sank in. Whether I eat it or throw it away, it's still wasted. My body doesn't need it any more than the trash can does. Either way, the food is being wasted! At least if it goes in the trash can it's not hanging around on my hips :)
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've always had the "wasting food" thing as well until someone told me something that really sank in. Whether I eat it or throw it away, it's still wasted. My body doesn't need it any more than the trash can does. Either way, the food is being wasted! At least if it goes in the trash can it's not hanging around on my hips :)

Exactly! Our bodies are not trash cans!
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options

This is a great way to look at it and it's very true
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    well i guess i am just someone who always has excuses...
    Thanks..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    put the right amount on your plate to begin with. then empty the whole plate.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    You had to finish your plate? Seriously, you blame it on that.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    If it's already calorie counted and within your calories why not put it to one side and heat it up if you are hungry later - and if you're not - save it for another day or throw it away.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    how can i close this post?

i only have excuses, thats what we know now..
  • groke101
    Options
    Hi,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Use a plate, sit down at a table, eat slowly, enjoy what you eat and ALWAYS leave a bit of food on your plate. This might help you break the habit. If we eat everything on the plate then we don't listen to our bodies, we don't stop eating when we are full, and it contributes to our weight gain.

Good luck to you.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It's time to stop making excuses! You can do this!

We all have problems that stop us and we have to work on them....some come with time and some are cold turkey stopping. This one needs a cold turkey change because its holding you back from getting healthy.

Buy only the foods you need
    Use a plate
    Weigh and measure everything
    Record it all

I never waste food and we rarely have leftovers.

Need any help? Please ask me and I will
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    HELP!!

i just realized... i am over-stuffed, but i had to finish my plate...
    i feel bad if i "waste" the food that i bought and made. so i eat it, altough i am full.

i know about to go boxes and smaller portions, but about boxes -> i buy food for the whole week, so the box would be an additional meal, that i of course eat if its there...
    and smaller portions, yes, but then i m afraid that i am hungry-crave-and then eat bad stuff too much..

idk, its a weird thing, but maybe someone can give some good ideas on that.

is the whole meal already accounted for in your calories?

if so, then don't feel guilty about it, or about eating it later.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind:

Firstly, why are you unable to control portion size prior to cooking? Is everything coming out of a packet? If not, surely you can control portion size prior to cooking, and save it uncooked for the next day. If everything is pre cooked in packets, maybe you could change your shipping habits.

And secondly, 'feeling stuffed' doesn't mean you have eaten too many calories. All it means is that your stomach is full. Just an illustration of what I mean: a 270kcal Snickers bar will not fill an empty stomach, because it is calorifically dense, but 270kcal of vegetable soup will be two litres or more and may well make your stomach feel over full. If you are eating healthy, low calorie density foods, your stomach may be full without you eating too many calories. If this is the case you are doing your weight loss no harm.

I'm lucky that my dh eats anything left over on my plate, so nothing goes to waste :laugh:
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Might be the type of food. If I am eating carbs- french fries, baked potato, rice, pasta- then very difficult to stop eating-i.e. never feel full. However, if I am eating protein/fat, steak, turkey, fish - feel full on far less food and I can easily control the volume eaten. One great tasting carb (fries) and I am finishing them. Keep notes on diary as to volume eaten. Compare the high volume meals (large pate) to low volume meals and see if there is pattern- i.e. high volume meals may be starchy vs low volume meals protein. Use the diary for feedback. Good luck.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    the stark choice is waste or waist?! which will it be?