Poll: Healthy food you can't control yourself with?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MinyMinnie
    Options
    PINEAPPLES. I would eat them all day if they didn't have so much natural sugar. :(
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I can do an entire large bowl of grapes in one sitting.

I've done that with a bag.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples with peanut butter...my favorite snack EVER but honeycrips are only in season for like 3 months in the year. No other apples compare :(
  • neffesther
    Options
    Bananas. I finished off six pounds of bananas in two days a few weeks ago.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hmm, grape tomatoes, cherries, roasted veg of any type.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    pizza. usually eat the whole pizza.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Spurred from the other thread about food you can't control yourself around....
    Most common things were, fries, chips, pizza, cake, etc.....

Someone pointed out that the thread was full of unhealthy things... no one said brussell sprouts or something..... w

I would have said brussels sprouts. Well maybe not blow all my calories in one sitting (they're not very calorie dense) but I could eat them all day. I put them in nearly all the homecooked meals I make, including for my kids even though they won't eat them, because they'll pick them out and give them to me. mwahahaaa

I could also eat humungous quantities of: cherry tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries, loganberries, any other berries I forgot to mention, grapes (especially seedless ones as you can eat them so much more quickly if you don't have to spit out the seeds), Almarai plain yoghurt, anything made with labaneh (that's the Arabic version of greek yoghurt, except it has more fat in it). And I'm going to say sheesh tawook and shawarma plus the side salads that come with them. Some people would say they're not healthy but if they're cooked on a barbeque I don't see why they wouldn't be healthy. The only less than healthy part of the meal are the chips and aubergine version of chips which are nicer than potato chips anyway.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. I don't understand why people think it is so unhealthy. Bread, cheese, meat and veggies...what's wrong with that?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

^This. I don't understand why people think it is so unhealthy. Bread, cheese, meat and veggies...what's wrong with that?

:ramenbowlforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:ramenbowlforyou:

Yay! And that's another "healthy" thing that I would have a hard time controlling myself on. hahaha. Eating a "real" bowl of ramen. *sighs happily*
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    * Roasted red peppers with minced raw garlic and extra virgin olive oil (gahhh!)

* Roasted garlic cloves, hot from the oven. Delicious, mellow and fabulous. They have a rather unfortunate (read: gassy) effect on the digestive tract and you have garlic breath/eminate garlic from your pores for DAYS, but so freakin good. I could go for hours with those little bad boys.

* Raspberries (I could just stand at our bushes and eat all afternoon)

* Avocados (Just a pinch of kosher salt)

* Pico de Gallo (But that involves chips and that's where the carbs/calories slam you. Evil good though!)
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    postashios!
    and rice cakes sometimes.. not so healthy but hey better then chips.
    and.. subway
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    dry oat muesli and resins!!
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Definitely hummus! Carrots and hummus.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    full to the top cereal bowl of PEAS. even if not buttered or salted and peppered.
    also RICE CAKES, could easily eat the whole package.

Me tooooo! Love, love, love peas!
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and watermelon. Those 2 are more tempting to me than chocolate cake. I suppose it could be worse.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    There aren't any "healthy" foods (or any food for that matter) that I CAN'T control my intake of, but if calories weren't a factor I could easily eat myself silly on a few things;

Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread (preferrably with nut butter on it)
    Almonds, pistachios... basically all nuts
    cottage cheese
    sweet potato
    fruit - Green apples, mango, pineapple, peaches, cherries
    crab and lobster
    lenils, quinoa and oatmeal

I don't consider most granola, trail mix, granola bars, rice cakes or dried fruit to be 'healthy' (most are loaded with added sugar) but since so many other people had those items, add those to the list!
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am helpless in the face of baby carrots and hummus. Also -- and this one is recently discovered -- roasted Brussels sprouts, if they are seasoned right. The dish that I make at home that I ALWAYS go back for seconds of is my Dragon Stir Fry: tofu, broccoli, carrots, red bell peppers, and pineapple in a sauce made of soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes. I am totally unable to eat just one serving. Fortunately it's low fat, high fiber, and low calorie, so I can feel OK about it.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and watermelon. Those 2 are more tempting to me than chocolate cake. I suppose it could be worse.

When they are in season and just right, I am SO there with you. I like both of them lightly grilled too. Try garlic salt on grilled watermelon. It's AMAZING.
  • QuakerWildcat
    QuakerWildcat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Canteloupe (an entire large melon has around 250 calories)
    Roasted or steamed cauliflower (an entire head has 150 to 200 calories)
    Blueberries (a whole pint has 80 calories)
    Steamed shrimp (about 300 calories in a half-pound of shrimp)
    Roasted brussels sprouts (about 38 calories per cup)
    Homemade vegetable soup (if no noodles, very low in calories)