Anyone have strange reason for losing weight?

Options
One of my secret reasons for losing weight is this: if there is ever a flash flood and I am stranded in a tree or on top of my car, I don't want to be the person shown on CNN that is too big to be picked up by the helicopter. (Not to even mention not being strong/fit enough to climb out of my car window. Sounds silly, but one of my fears.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    One of my secret reasons for losing weight is this: if there is ever a flash flood and I am stranded in a tree or on top of my car, I don't want to be the person shown on CNN that is to big to be picked up by the helicopter. (Not to even mention not being strong/fit enough to climb out of my car window. Sounds silly, but one of my fears.

:laugh:

Mine is: When attempting to take over the world it probably helps to be photogenic, and we all know the camera adds 10 pounds!
  • Cdaleerdman
    Cdaleerdman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I don't want to be the first one eaten.
  • Cdaleerdman
    Options
    Ha ha ha.....that' another one I've thought of too!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight, but getting fit:
    Because when the revolution happens, I want to beat up some secret police or whoever (: Or run if I have to aha.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    I'm kinda scared of being chased and not being able to run away!
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    What's rule number 1 in Zombieland? Cardio cardio cardio. You can't run away from zombies if you can't run
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to fit into a wetsuit and go snorkelling or diving some day. :)

Hubs and I went whitewater rafting for our anniversary a few years back, and I had to cover my skin with Dawn dishwashing liquid just to get the wetsuit to zip up. I felt like Shamu. :laugh:
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aside from all the usual health and vanity reasons...I hate being significantly wider than the seats on the subway and "spilling" out of the sides of office chairs, etc. And not fitting comfortably into airplane seats and amusement park rides!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It was not my initial thought to lose weight/get fit...but I have considered the benefits of my survival time when the zombie apocalypse begins.
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda scared of being chased and not being able to run away!

When I was younger it was to look good, now it leans more on being able to run away from a crazy person. Kinda silly, but I have really thought about this too. :laugh:
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It did make me really sad to know I weighed too much to go indoor skydiving on our vacation last summer.

My big one though is at least half of the time on "Hoarders" the people are obese. My mom is a hoarder and I find myself developing attachments to material things. So I just have this nightmare of being one of those fat hoarder women, that my son will never come visit me, that I'll never have a relationship, I'll just be a lonely hoarder lady with only my feral cats to love. :/
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I want to be one of the girls in rap videos.. but just having the option to do that if I wanted..

Im super shy and I don't listen to rap music.. what the hell, brain?!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I want to know I could defend myself and or my son in an emergency. (run away from danger, stop an attacker, whatever)
  • butterfly173173173
    Options
    You've all forgotten the most important reason...so that you can win the Hunger Games!
  • Dicecatt
    Options
    I want to be able to go scuba diving and know that I won't be pointed at by other divers because they think they've spotted a whale
  • nosillanosilla
    Options
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I don't want to be the first one eaten.

Yeah this
  • Cdaleerdman
    Options
    Wow. I identify with hoarders too. My mom tries to be one but she lives with me so it doesn't go far. I think there is a connection. I have a fear of being hungry or not being as to have access to food. I think that's why I used to eat so much. Kind of like hoarding food internally.
  • FoldsFive
    Options
    Yeah, I work with an organisation where we dress up as various sci-fi characters for charity. I have a Judge Outfit (as in Judge Dredd from the recent film) and the leather undersuit is not flattering to a beer belly. Hence, me losing weight to look good in that - five weeks in and 12 lb down, so it's working well so far :)
  • Cdaleerdman
    Options
    Hee he's. I went snorkeling once with the family and purchased the video.of our adventure. The moronic music editor of the video chose to play the music from 'Jaws' whenever I was in the video. Imagine my horror while watching with family after getting home. I still don't watch the video.