A Whole Years transformation, -40lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• janten
    janten Posts: 64
    Options
    thank you everyone! I still got time to contemplate on the bulking so we'll see!

and @ larido51 I was averaging ~1900 a day! In the earlier weeks when I first started I was probably averaging around 2200-2300. I still a huge cheat day a week to "refeed" in the first month or two so I didn't feel like I was dying from a drastic change of probably 3000+ calories a day down to 1900.

@kenzie you should be proud! any progress is good progress and you look good!
  • sedaughtry
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! You are obviously very dedicated and it shows! :) Congrats!!! Super Motivating!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and healthy in comparison with your before pictures. Congrats on your achievement :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Holy moly!! Amazing transformation!! You must have worked your *kitten* off!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation. You look perfect as you are, but keep going until your where you want to be! Congrats!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    wowow congrats!!! xx
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. You look perfect the way you are now. Thanks for sharing, very motivational.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.... ;)
    Well done!
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    255F6UPl.jpg

It's finally been a year since I started working out, and this is my progress pic taken on 2/10/13. I started working out on 2/9/12, it took a lot of trial and error to get to where I am today. There is no special diet, no specific routine you have to follow. I used to think special fad diets would work, that if I did a lot of cardio I can eat whatever I want, and I learned the hard way the first few months of my transformation, because my weight didn't really go anywhere.

Since then, I've cut weight three times, and bulked two times, just coming off my last one recently, the infamous two month winter bulk. I'm now hovering around 178 lbs, and I'm thinking of bulking again to a lean 185 lbs after summer ends, and I would like to know what people think of a few extra lbs of muscle on me.

UNREAL!!!!! THUMBS UP

I also haven't done more than 5 minutes of cardio a day for 7 months, but I may do 15 mins a day for cardiovascular health purposes.

Myfitnesspal was the best tool in my weight loss journey and I actually introduce it to friends who are attempting to lose or gain weight.

I hope people can use this as motivation, like they say, anything seems impossible until you do it.

For reference, I'm 5'11" and I weighed 220 lbs in the first picture. I lift every. Single. Day. And since some people tend to ask:

Monday: Legs Triceps
    Tuesday: Biceps
    Wednesday: Chest
    Thursday: back
    Friday: shoulders and squats
    Saturday: bicep tricep split
    Sunday: back and shoulder split, squats.

I wish all of you best of luck in your fitness journey!
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Janten, A big hearted congratulations.. I can see you have been dedicated to your body and I can see it was well worth all the effort.... A great inspiration.... well done my friend!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What the heck man?

You made me take two steps back from my computer...
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome. Well done!!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My goodness..what an inspiration...drool :love:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!