INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options
Hey everyone!

I am starting insanity tomorrow morning ,And I'm looks for advice and any fellow crazy people who would like to join me in the next brutal 60 days! Any takers? I hit a plateau and Im looking to Insanity to break it :)

Replies

• davesurf20
    davesurf20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck Megan, I am currently in month 2.

My advice, get some cross trainers or basketball shoes. Running shoes won't cut it as they don't offer lateral support. I suffered a lot of pain before my purchase.

Don't be to concerned at keeping up with the pace they set on the screen, go at your own pace. It is much more important that you follow correct form, and that you keep going. And that you enjoy it enough to keep coming back!

Invest in a heart rate monitor to be able to accurately track calories burnt

If you sweat a lot, some head sweat bands will save you time stopping and wiping

Make sure you have a towel and plenty of water to hand

Getting fresh air into your workout area is a godsend, esp. In month 2

Good luck, don't give up, KEEP PRESSING PLAY!
  • myironlungx3
    myironlungx3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in ahh i attempted it before and got to around day 20 so hopefully i can do a bit better this time
  • marialapin
    marialapin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5. You'll feel/notice results after the first two weeks - just don't give up!
    Does anyone have any advice on whether I should restart the month1 cycle or jump into month2?
    I don't think I'll be able to keep up at all.
  • davesurf20
    davesurf20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just crack on with month 2, go at your own pace.

FWIW, I didn't make it through ANY month 1 workout without an unscheduled break. But then, if you pay attention, neither does Shaun T or any of the Insanity team on screen.

Month 2 is a massive step up, but the change of routine is great to keep it fresh!
  • cassiebarney
    cassiebarney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan, I am also starting Insanity for the first time this morning 2-17-13. I have completed 3 rounds of P90X, 2 rounds of BBL and 1 round of Rev Abs so I am excited to try something new. Good Luck to you my friend.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm off to take my pictures so I can apply for a shirt and measurements and weight so I can compare . When would you say you think you should remeasure the above ? Every fitness test? I don't have a heart rate monitor I didn't realize I needed one ! I will purchase one by next week tho . And if anyone who wants to do it feel free to message me ! Accountability makes it a little less easy to get out of lol.
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im starting it in 2 weeks (march 3rd) so excited!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I know what you mean I'm scared and excited all at once :)!
  • excello1980
    Options
    Started it 3 weeks ago, its hard but keep going!!!
    COME ON YAAAAHHHH LETS GOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!! :)
    tip if the shoes is verry good, i,m going for other ones by tommorow(thought it was me, but it are the shoes)
    sorry for my bad english...i'm from the netherlands.

and a tip from me...because i got to do this,.....
    every time i missed a day i quit and wanted to start all over again the next week.....dont do that, missed a day, do it the next day, keep going!!!!

my results till now;

Start 87.5kg
    bodyfat 24%
    Lbm 66Kg

after 3 weeks :
    85kg
    Bodyfat 22%
    LBM 66.3kg

so doing it right!!!! lost fat not muscle.................
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow (18th). Friend request sent:-) I'm pretty terrified to be honest, but looking forward to the results!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my recovery week tomorrow then hitting month 2 hard!!!
    Feel free to add me for support:)

In my blog I've just put up my measurements after month 1. I'm happy with what I see in my mirror!

Good luck:)

As they say above, keep pressing play!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Just did my fit test ! So happy with my results . I'm not excited for Tomo my cousin barley made it through her actual day 1 and her friend threw up haha. I plan on posting a 60 day journal on it . After my run and shower ill post my stats and fit test 1 results :) good luck all
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity on March 11th. I would do it now but I'm in the middle for 30DS. Good luck! You can add me as a friend if you want since I will be soon doing the same crazy workout. =) GOOD LUCK!
  • Lostone31
    Options
    Awesome! I started my insanity trip last week at 246lbs. I honestly do not stick with the diet plan and just do my own thing... Based on their char I am suppose to consume 3500 calories... That's not happening... I stay from 1700-2200 calories a day and burn 700 per workout (except on cardio recovery based on my HRM). After one week I have lost 3.6 lbs and have a ton more energy. I refuse to give up.

I pause the video all the time especially when I see my heart rate jump to 188+. I rather enjoy living!
  • bporter30080
    Options
    Hi! I started insanity yesterday with my fit test. Today was the firat workout...plyo cardio and it was TOUGH I def sidnt make it to the end of each workout but I made it to the end of the session. Go at your own pace I surely didnt try to keep up with them after a while lol. I would love to kepp this chat going to support one another on this 60 day journey!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I love it... I love the variety and the time ticker at the bottom of the screen. I do have a couple questions though:

1) Does anyone else do other exercise routines while doing Insanity? I am specifically thinking about weight training and boxing. I have a personal trainer that I go to at work and was wondering how to mix that in.

2) Anyone else experience skipping on the DVDs? I noticed that my DVD player started skipping and then stopped about halfway though disk 2. I'm hoping its just my DVD player (its older) so I am going to try tomorrow's workout in my computer. I've just heard about people getting fakes when buying from a reseller (got mine through Newegg.com).
  • mwrh
    mwrh Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I love it... I love the variety and the time ticker at the bottom of the screen. I do have a couple questions though:

1) Does anyone else do other exercise routines while doing Insanity? I am specifically thinking about weight training and boxing. I have a personal trainer that I go to at work and was wondering how to mix that in.

2) Anyone else experience skipping on the DVDs? I noticed that my DVD player started skipping and then stopped about halfway though disk 2. I'm hoping its just my DVD player (its older) so I am going to try tomorrow's workout in my computer. I've just heard about people getting fakes when buying from a reseller (got mine through Newegg.com).

Hey logicman69 - I wouldn't see an issue with continuing your personal training along with the Insanity program. However, be aware of what your body is telling you and listen to it! Overtraining peaks its ugly head around faster than you think. Also, let your trainer know what you are doing. That way he/she can adjust your workouts accordingly.
  • marialapin
    marialapin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely true. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
  • MrsRoundbottom
    Options
    Hi I did my insanity fitness test today (HARD but i was happy with what i could do) Day1, I'll be starting the 'real' workout tomorrow, please add if your in a familiar position to me, it'll be good to help each other keep track :) Ive also just ordered a HRM to log my calories correctly, excited to see how much I burn!! :D
  • KSJ75
    KSJ75 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all
    I've just ordered my copy of insanity so will be starting it as soon as it arrives. After reading the other comments whilst i'm waiting for it to arrive i'm gonna get myself a heart rate monitor and a new pair of trainers!!! Gonna have to get some before pics done, ugh!!! that's not gonna be pretty, lol.....
    Anyone, please feel free to add me we can all do with helpful advice and support during our journeys.