I miss munching, what are some no calorie foods

Options
I guess we can munch on carrots,celery,cucumbers,tomatoes, what else. I miss munching. Need some freebie foods. I guess anything has calories though when you eat too much.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Water is the only freebie food. Everything else has calories and needs to be logged. Munching all the time is a bad habit.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I love to munch turnips. They have my ideal texture. Like an apple or a water chestnut.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Finger nails? Oh wait, they have calories too: 3 cals. Sorry everything has calories, except water and celery. It'll be interesting to see what people say.

I make hummus with just Garbanzo beans, cilantro, garlic and salt. I omit the Olive oil and tahini to save calories. I use the water from the can to make the hummus creamy. It went from 35 cals a tablespoon to 13! :)

I've heard sliced cucumbers with salt on them givesthe feeling of potato chips because of the crunch and saltiness.
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lol... there's no such thing as a no calorie food. I guess you could munch on paper or a stick of wood if you really want a freebie! When I really just want something to chew on, I grab a stick of gum.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Foods that SUPPOSEDLY burn more calories than they have;

celery
    oranges
    strawberries
    tangerines
    grapefruit
    carrots
    apricots
    lettuce
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    watermelon
    cauliflower
    apples
    hot chili pepper
    zucchini

Personally, I believe the celery, lettuce and chili peppers, but everything else?
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Foods that SUPPOSEDLY burn more calories than they have;

celery
    oranges
    strawberries
    tangerines
    grapefruit
    carrots
    apricots
    lettuce
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    watermelon
    cauliflower
    apples
    hot chili pepper
    zucchini

Personally, I believe the celery, lettuce and chili peppers, but everything else?
    Yeah no.
  • Starrynightgrl45
    Starrynightgrl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To help me get from one meal to the next, sometimes I use sugar free gum. My mouth is moving, I have fresh breath, and the calories are minimal. There are no foods that are no calories though, sorry!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I got into trouble eating too much low fat foods, calories add up.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and apples have really helped me.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    one celery stick and two carrots = 14 calories, oh my everything has calories
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm going to disappoint you and agree with everyone else. There are no "free" foods. I am a mucher as well. I like to nibble all day long rather than have a couple huge meals. I find that cutting up fruit and veggies into tiny pieces and eating them that way are great. I love slicing an apple super thinly and then dipping it in a TBSP of Peanut butter.

My suggestion, make one serving into as many pieces as possible.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Ice chips
  • boulinoute
    Options
    Green apple + cinnamon is pretty filling
  • MrMax
    MrMax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bread and butter pickles that are sweetened with Splenda are very low calorie and have a nice crunch.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    one celery stick and two carrots = 14 calories, oh my everything has calories
    14 whole calories. can you spare them?!!!
  • x98peterson
    x98peterson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just found at Target this freeze dried edemame (sp?) I LOVE it! One half cup is 130 calories, and I am very full after eating it.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like frozen grapes. They take much longer to eat than non-frozen grapes. I will hold one in my mouth until it's soft enough to chew... it can take quite a while to eat an entire cup (~62 calories).
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nothing is calorie-free, but here's an idea.

Instead of eating a serving of strawberries (about 40 calories). Throw them in a blender with half cup water, half cup ice (to give it the frozen texture), and I like to throw in half a packet of Splenda.

Now you have a fairly decent sized smoothie that will fill you up more than just eating the strawberries.
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    Options
    Ice is great for that need to munch. Something to chew on and good for you.