Am I alone?

Options
13»

Replies

• Brianna72994
    Options
    I feel the same, I'm only confident when posting face pictures. MFP is the only place I will post full-body pictures because everyone on here is very supportive and non-judgmental about it... Most of the time.

i have been here only a month and can see there are some real NEGATIVE people with chips on their shoulders....but it sure doesnt compare to the positive supportive ones you speak of...i think you look amazing.....thanks for the kind words

People on here are negative. But I have never personally seen a person on here attack another person about their weight.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, I'm only confident when posting face pictures. MFP is the only place I will post full-body pictures because everyone on here is very supportive and non-judgmental about it... Most of the time.

i have been here only a month and can see there are some real NEGATIVE people with chips on their shoulders....but it sure doesnt compare to the positive supportive ones you speak of...i think you look amazing.....thanks for the kind words

People on here are negative. But I have never personally seen a person on here attack another person about their weight.

I haven't either, it's a different type of negative.. I think it's because we are all dieting and hungry :-D
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been very hesitant to take body shots.

Yeah, I shoot for the head. Insult me, boom. One down.

(just visualization technique in speech making)
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I will say this. I do recommend people take before and pictures of the journey. You'll be sad if you don't. I wish I had more/better starting out pictures. I'm now down a total of 130 pounds, around 76 on mfp. I really wish I had the nerve to take higher res. before photos the difference is amazing. You don't have to post them, but for yourself I do highly recommend it. You'll want them when you reach your goal.

i do have some before ones....and i LOATHE them...but you are right...once i hit my goal....i will want some types of comparison ....and have proof that i really accomplished an amazing feat...thanks for your input....this momma is ON FIRE.....:):wink:
  • vislas92
    Options
    Not going to lie, I'm afraid that even if I lose a lot of weight it'll still be hard for me to "date" because they'll think I have an ugly face. It's not exactly something I can change.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yes. I hated having photos taken period. Still not very keen on the idea, but more open to it since having lost weight.
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest regrets is NOT having a full body shot at my heaviest! It's easy to say now, but back then i would rather have teeth pulled without anesthetic than be in front of a camera.

Even if you have to take them with a timer, and put that memory card away in a safe, take before shots, and at least monthly pictures along the journey.

The "heavy" picture on my profile is a drivers license picture, and it's about 30 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight. I keep the snapshot of it on my phone as a reminder of where I NEVER want to go again. It also feels pretty good when talking with someone about weight loss, and I show them and they look incredulous. ;-)
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I consider my years from 40-60 my "lost" years. I felt like a fat toad through my 40's and an old, fat toad through my 50's. I am finally starting to feel like a man again and somewhat comfortable even taking a picture of myself.

When I get these final 12 pounds off, maybe I will finally feel completely confident. I sure hope so. (I still hate my smile, which is why you won't find me smiling...)