Kashi GoLean Crunch - Worth the Price of Admission?

Options
2»

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar for me. I like to keep added sugar under 5 grams at most. 1-2 grams is more up my alley.
    This.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've had my weetabix
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The regular Go Lean has more fiber and less sugar. This one is 4 tsp of sugar per serving - that's way too much. I prefer to keep the sugars to 6 or lower, or use something unsweetened and add my own if I need it (if you use fruit or raisins, you usually don't). Just seems safer that way.
  • MrDonivan
    MrDonivan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Price is FREE - Afghanistan Chow Hall

Im trying to Cut 30 lbs and my main concern was the carbs/suger, but for lack of other lean options currenlty, this is the best thing I can get ahold of.

Asking around, it seems the price (sugers/carbs) are not worth it on this one, but as I have no other options, I am stuck for now.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I eat the regular GoLean Kashi cereal--it has 13 grams of protein. That gets me really hot.
  • jchaparro
    Options
    I eat it every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I add a banana to it. I used almond milk and find it delicious. It sustains me thru mid day. I buy it at Costco. It comes in a box with 2big bags and they regularly have a coupon that takes a couple bucks off of it.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try the Crunch, but this morning I had my very first bowl of GoLean of any kind. The regular naturally sweetened fiber twigs, soy protein grahams and honey puff cereal. A serving, one cup, is 140 calories, protein 13g, dietary fiber 10g, total fat 1g, sugars 6g. It tastes about the same as the Whole Foods 365 Protein & Fiber cereal, 190 calories, protein 13g, dietary fiber 10g, total fat 1g, sugars 6g, also my first box which I ran out of, so that's how I started on GoLean. Checking out the 365 cereal stemmed from an occasionally boring schedule of alternating between Rice Chex and Quaker Oats Old Fashioned. I don't know by the way why the 365 is so high in calories and so low in total fat.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    may as well eat a kiddie cereal of choice...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm Flatulently delicious
  • titanbonnie
    Options
    16 G of sugar?! good luck if youre trying to loose weight
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a lot of the original Kashi, sometimes mixing it with the crunch for a little variety. I like it but its a little too sweet and hard for me... plus I'm trying to avoid soy, which is where the protein comes from.

Just FYI though, that portion you listed is bigger than the serving size on the box. 1 serving is 53g and has 190-200cals and 12-13g sugar.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I keep a box at work and typically have a handful before going out for a 6 mile lunch run.

Jen

Jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It's better with some Kellogg's Krave Double Chocolate cereal mixed in........ :drinker:
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    We really likethe GoLean Crisp - Toasted Berry Crumble. Much more flavor than some of their other cereals, and the protein/fiber content is WAY better than pretty much every other cereal I've looked at in the normal cereal aisle (though I can't testify to having looked at them all). My husband loves sugary cereals, but those would leave him starving an hour later. He eats this with low-fat milk, and he's good to go for several hours!

(And as for the sugar content: frankly, we don't watch sugar specifically if it fits in our calories. We do more protein for other meals; mornings are just too crazy to always be cooking, and I can't stand hot breakfasts on warm days. And we've lost over 140lb between us since July, so poo to the person who said you couldn't lose weight because of just one stinking cereal!)