I weight myself every....

Options

Replies

• godolphingo
    godolphingo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    once a week. I've actually only been on MFP for a week and the scales this morning showed a grand total of... 0 lost. But also 0 gained. Time to step it up I think!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    ....time I feel like it

I'm more focused on body composition changes than weight currently.

I mostly use my bathroom scales to weigh my dumbbells and barbells because I'm terrible at mental arithmetic (mild form of dyscalculia) so it's easier to load up the weights then stick it on the scales (i put the scale on my bedside table in the middle of the room then put the barbell on that, in case anyone is wondering how I manage to weigh a barbell with a bathroom scale)
  • tulsaBill
    tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning with my fitbit scale but I only record Sat mornings in my log. Seeing the daily number keeps me on track and just logging once a week makes the on-line graph show bigger losses.
  • fkwilhelm
    fkwilhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    day. But what I log here as my real weight is the median of last seven days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Daily...same time every morning...same conditions. I like having the data points and normal daily fluctuations don't bother me. My Friday AM weigh in is my official weigh in that I log.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly on Monday mornings. I tend to feel the scale is not always an accurate measure of progress and refuse to let that number determine whether I am having a good or bad day/week. If I eat clean, stick to my meal plan and get lots of exercise, I know I am making progress despite what the sale says.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    lately every other week but going back to once a week soon, when i weigh myself this upcoming friday it will have been 3 weeks
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    I too weigh myself daily, but only record weekly (Mondays). I'm glad to see there are so many like-minded individuals out there. I record on Mondays. I weigh myself, take my measurements, then proceed to move on with my day. I weigh myself the rest of the week, and sometimes take measurements, just to keep myself on track. I know the scale fluctuates throughout the week, but ultimately I know I'm on the right track. Measure as often as you like, as long as it doesn't drive you crazy.
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i weigh my self daily but record it only bi-weekly. It somehow motivates me each time i step on the scale :)
  • jimmh559
    jimmh559 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ....time I feel like it

I'm more focused on body composition changes than weight currently.

I mostly use my bathroom scales to weigh my dumbbells and barbells because I'm terrible at mental arithmetic (mild form of dyscalculia) so it's easier to load up the weights then stick it on the scales (i put the scale on my bedside table in the middle of the room then put the barbell on that, in case anyone is wondering how I manage to weigh a barbell with a bathroom scale)

Yes, it's much easier to carry the scale to the weight room than the weight room to the scale.
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily in the mornings as soon as I get up as I find that more accurate. I like to know how I'm doing on a daily basis, but I only log my weight once a week. The daily weigh ins are more so I can be confident that I'm on track!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day. I know its a bad habit but it truly does keep me motivated even if at times it's depressing, it puts that extra fire under me to work harder or don't eat that PB hehe (I'm so addicted to PB i can only have the single serving *to go* packets in my house but that's a different thread!)
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, but wonder if I should do it every few weeks instead. If I dona't lose or gain a pound I get very discouraged. I am a slow loser.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week in the morning on the same day.
  • MarieAngelacfu
    MarieAngelacfu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday Morning when I wake up! And with no clothes on! :-)
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily (in the morning) but only record it once a week on Sunday. I don't get so overwhelmed with the daily number. It's more so to keep myself aware and focused. I went about 2 months without stepping on the scale and gained a bunch of weight. I thought I was doing OK by just eating a little extra cake, etc. I wasn't aware and honestly didn't care about my weight at the time. When I finally stepped back on, it wasn't pretty. now here I am losing weight I've already lost once before.
  • jimmh559
    jimmh559 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily (in the morning) but only record it once a week on Sunday. I don't get so overwhelmed with the daily number. It's more so to keep myself aware and focused. I went about 2 months without stepping on the scale and gained a bunch of weight. I thought I was doing OK by just eating a little extra cake, etc. I wasn't aware and honestly didn't care about my weight at the time. When I finally stepped back on, it wasn't pretty. now here I am losing weight I've already lost once before.

Same thing happen to me, which is why I weigh in daily. I also log it in everyday. If I notice that my weight has increase gradually as the week progresses, then I know I've been doing something wrong, and it's usually not logging my servings correctly or adding an inaccurate number of calories burned.
  • Xelace
    Xelace Posts: 18
    Options
    If I'm at my own place I usually weigh myself every morning, but I only record it every Friday morning along with all my measurements.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. There are too many variables and too much change on a day to day basis. Not seeing anything come off weekly is all I can handle! If I weighed myself any more frequently, the depression if I wasn't losing something would be too much and it would be much easier to "give up".

this. every monday am.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new at this. I am glad that I am not the only one weighing myself on a daily basis. It is frustrating though because one day I will weigh one thing, the next day, I've gained a pound or two. Is it best to weigh yourself in the morning??

Oh yeah...and I am staying under my calories for the day, drinking plenty of water, and exercising more than I originally thought I would.