Grilled chicken with flavor?

Options

Replies

• millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Get some jerk spice dry rub on them! Delicious!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    TABASCO...one of my faves!

Yeah, that too! The Buffalo style Tobasco is pretty good too.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Take the juice and the finely chopped green zest of one lime, 1 tablespoon each chili powder and cumin, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use cholula chili lime), finely minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons water. Enough for 4 boneless skinless breasts. Marinade in a ziplock gallon bag for an hour or two. When you take the chicken out of the bag to cook it, put in some red bell pepper slices and sliced onion with a bit of water and then cook all that together in a covered sauce pan until tender (may need to keep adding water).

Makes a great chicken fajita taco.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Non fat yogurt and tabasco or cajun type seasoning to taste, marinate over night, knock of extra and grill away. Indian type spices for a tandoori flavor. I also like the KRaft anything marinades, low sugar great flavor and double as a dressing. I mix flavor olive oils and basalmic vinegar for great tastes. Stores like Williams sonoma or Teaoloi or other " Chef's stores" have great options.

Love the jerk idea. MMMMMMM!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually sprinkle mine with garlic salt.
  • meagtheleo
    Options
    I make a good marinade for chicken or lean pork chops.

2 tbspn dijon mustard
    1 cup white wine
    1/2 onion sliced
    2-3 cloves garlic sliced
    2-3 springs rosemary
    cracked black pepper
    salt to taste

throw it in a ziploc bag overnight and then grill, i like grilling onions to eat also but if not you can discard with the rosemary and left over marinade.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Any oil based dressing, or combo of spices that you like with some olive oil and vinegar will work. Also, bbq sauce or any other sauce or juices (lemon lime and orange are great in the summer) that you like. Have fun with trial and error, taste the marinade before putting it on your chicken and add flavors as necessary.

I now prefer making my own marinades and rubs so I can control the amount of sodium, but definitely went with store bought for a while and still do from time to time.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ginger, garlic, lemons, soy sauce! MMMMM!!

just throw on all the things you like, and experiment :)
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For Americans, Grilling is on the charcoal or gas outdoor grill. Good reminder on the language differences!
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    I like a little olive oil, with Jerk seasoning and Lime juice..5 min marinade take it straight to grill..Soffreto black beans and brown rice, tomatoe, cucumber and onion salad with a little oil and vinegar.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in a mix of 1/2c olive oil and white wine with chopped garlic and a bunch of fresh and dried herbs. Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge, or overnight is best. The chicken is so delicious and extremely juicy.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    powdered CUMIN + THYME... DELICOUS
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The best flavor you can add to your grilled chicken breast is to not over cook it. I pull mine off at 150 -155 degrees and let it rest.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    1. Blackened seasonings
    2. Frank's Buffalo Sauce
    3. Adobo (Goya)
    4. Low sugar orange marmalade and red pepper flakes (salt to taste)
  • Tammy422
    Tammy422 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump. Lots of good ideas.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,677 Member
    Options
    Not grilled, but low cal because meat is simmered. A popular student recipe in China for wings.

Coca Cola Chicken.

Brown some chicken with a little garlic. I use thighs or breasts and an oil sprayer to minimize olive oil required. If you leave skin on the chicken you won't need additional oil, just brown skin side first.

Toss in a small can of cola (regular, not diet) and a big glug of soy sauce. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes until chicken is done, and sauce caramelizes to a syrup-y mass. You might have to add water if sauce is reducing too quickly or increase temperature towards the end of cooking time if the sauce is not thickening enough.

If I remember correctly from my use of the recipe builder, around 200 kcals for a thigh with skin.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Brine the chicken and then brush with sauce of choice after it is almost done cooking
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Chop it into chunks, mix it with Greek yoghurt, diced apricots and curry powder.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG I love flavor!
  • BabiBlue
    Options
    bump! :smile: