Lesser of the two evils......???

Options
llpaq
llpaq Posts: 263 Member
If you absolutely had to pick........- no time, didn't prepare, nothing at the store, nothing in the car, on the road- whatever excuse you can think of- ................ would you grab something quick from a fast food restaurant OR eat a Lean Cuisine frozen meal?

(We're having a debate at work because I would rather have a McDonalds chicken salad oppposed to a frozen Lean Cuisine)

Replies

• fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lean Quisine - IMO.
  • charbar217
    Options
    agree with fmebear - Lean Cuisine
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Fast food.

You can find decent choices and IMO, it would taste better than Lean Cuisine.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    If you absolutely had to pick........- no time, didn't prepare, nothing at the store, nothing in the car, on the road- whatever excuse you can think of- ................ would you grab something quick from a fast food restaurant OR eat a Lean Cuisine frozen meal?

(We're having a debate at work because I would rather have a McDonalds chicken salad oppposed to a frozen Lean Cuisine)

I'd go with 2 of their grilled chicken sandwiches, toss the bun.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Toss the bun, get the chicken. Lean quisine are high in sodium. They're both defiantly not good. You should invest in protein bars for when your in a hurry.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I feel like. There are decent choices at McDonald's. There are Lean Cuisine meals that are quite tasty (the butternut squash ravioli with all the little matchstick veggies? oh, man--I'll be eating that when I don't need to lose weight!).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would have to eat two or three Lean Cuisine Meals, which is WAY too expensive. For fast food, it depends. I hate McDonald's and Burger King, but I will eat Arby's, Taco Bell, Sonic, or Wendy's.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian, frozen all the way. The veggie fast food options tend to be cheese heavy and good protein light.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    We have some markets here that you can get sandwiches pretty fast (not like subway, real fresh produce, local bread and fresh shaved meats). So I would pick that. And I do, once a week at least. Mmmmmm.
  • llpaq
    Options
    Lean Quisine - IMO.

I'm slow sometimes....but can you tell me what IMO means?? LOL! (SORRY) :blushing:
  • llpaq
    Options
    I think my concern with extra "additives" etc.... makes me a little leary of Lean Cuisine AND YES, I know there are additives in a mcdonalds salad but not so much in the lettuce tomato and carrot shavings part of the salad...... I had a delicious Lean Cuisine last night- I literally woke up late yesterday morning- ran to church- went to the gym- went shopping- went to a baby shower- went to birthday gathering - and was getting home about 8:30pm and had to eat something quick fast NOT TO MENTION I WAS EXHAUSTED, and I was debating another McDonalds something or a lean cuisine that had been in my freezer for awhile.

I'm totally talking about a meal and I never will, or never have, done "meal replacements" I'm trying to lose weight because I've had a hot steamy love affair with food all throughout my 30's so I'm not going to have a protein bar or shake for dinner- I need something I savor and enjoy! No negotiating with that- I may be trying to lose weight and get healthy but I'm not giving up my happiness for anything :wink:

I really just liked seeing other people's opinions......So thank you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    LOL...IMO is In My Opinion.

I would pick the fast food if those were my only two options. Grilled chicken, no bun, and a small salad.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    Lean Quisine - IMO.

I'm slow sometimes....but can you tell me what IMO means?? LOL! (SORRY) :blushing:

In
    My
    Opinion
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Chicken Bacon no mayo with mustard and a side salad with a light dressing, Yum.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'd get some apple slices from McDonald's and just eat more when I got home
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken salad from McDonalds (I like the cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken) . It has veggies, protein, and is quite filling.

I'm not a big fan of Lean Cuisine, it's always a small portion of really over sauced, over salted, crap.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Whichever fit my goals better. Sometimes that might be Lean Cuisine, sometimes a Baconator.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits my macros for the day better.
  • godchick15
    godchick15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    fast food. No bun