jealous of people who take diet pills

Options

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Just let them take there pills and potions. In 6 months when they hit their goal weight, they will quit taking them. In 9 months, they will be back where they are now. We may be losing slow, but slow and steady wins the race!
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also suffered from jealousy, but not from diet pills. A close friend had liposuction and several years later is still thin, although we are no longer friends. Some of it is my fault as it bothered me that she told people that she did it with diet and excercise and not $10,000.00 worth of surgery and swore me to secrecy. I didn't have that kind of money to put ahead of my entire family and I continue to struggle with weight.

But I feel that this time will be the the time that I stay on track, with the help of MFP and my contacts here, the support of my co-workers and friends, and I won't have any secrets or scars!!!! :bigsmile:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    diet pills are very dangerous though and can have serious side effects. it is better to lose weight naturally.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    They're losing weight.
    Not fat.

Go without water for a day (not really, that's a bad idea) But you'll lose weight too.
    Most of those diet pills, fad diet all that only gets rid of water weight. You're getting rid of fat. And that's much better
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't all bullsquirt, but none of them are magic. And if you do not learn proper habits and stick to them when you stop taking them, the weight brings friends to the party.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All that weight they are losing, will come back. And it's not healthy. I use to take Phentermine and my heart would not stop raing. I couldn't sleep at night. I was on prescribed speed, literally. I stopped taking it because it was wreaking havoc on my body. Do it the only way it should be done. Healthy foods, exercise and time. And be proud of the 100 you've already lost! That is amazing!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda that way about the Ideal Protein diet...I see lots of people in my town very heavy and next time I see them they are like super thin ..wth. But I have to eat so will be sticking with MFP.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    You've lost 108 pounds, you're doing it right!! By putting yourself through the hard work and having it take forever you're changing yourself and you've learned about proper food and nutrition rather than have the mindset of I can't lose weight without these pills.. When you tell people about your amazing loss would you rather say I took diet pills/had surgery or would you rather say hard work and dedication? I know which one I would pick.. Good luck, and great job on your success this far :)
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Losing weight without the help of diet pills may take a little longer but it is a lot healthier! Besides most of that stuff causes nasty anal leakage ect and who wants that!
  • dmberreth
    Options
    tumblr_m7twlbHsfe1qcg8eu.gif

RDJ on MFP?

bbSKy.gif

Anyway. I've had this same issue with a lady friend of mine. She is the type to be a bit of an internet hypochondriac, and she was convinced that HCG would be the ultimate answer for her. She had some weight to lose, I suppose... but she always thought she was "way too fat". I guess that's beside the point.

She would have success on HCG. And when she stopped, it all went away. Usually plus some more. Then get back on it, and great success again. Until she stopped. The whole process was like some self fulfilling prophecy. I am genuinely concerned for her health now, as she is really trying to be doing this the right way with diet and exercise... but her body isn't responding correctly at all.

Long story short - those diet pills and fad supplements do way more harm than good. Stay away, and let them destroy their own bodies if they won't listen to you.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You DO need to work damn hard for it! Screw those people who take fad/diet pills, drinks etc. Its not magic, it wont transform your body on its own. There is no easy way out of being fat. Society just constantly looks for things to make being on a diet 'easy'. These people are lazy as hell and don't want to try hard.

Work hard, focus on yourself, take care of your body, and eat clean. Let this be motivation for you. It will take time, but let it. The longer you do it for, the stronger you will become and healthier you will be.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have been dealing with something for a while now and I just need a little kick in the rear so I can try to stop feeling this way.
    Here it is: your kick in the pants
    kick_zps622a08aa.jpg
    The time will come when all your friends taking those diet pills and quick fixes will be jealous of YOU, because you did it right! You will be able to keep the weight off and they won't. You will have done it without a crutch and without the potential of it being harmful to your welfare later on down the road. Be proud of what you have done and how you're doing it. You are AWESOME!!
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, who knows the long term damage those pills and formulas can really cause. Remember Fen-phen? I would rather lose weight the slow, hard way than tamper with supplements with unknown contents.

Will you be jealous if the people you envy need a heart or kidney transplant as the result of damage done?

THIS!!! They will be the ones jealous when they have wrecked their bodies with pills. No one has ever had a dangerously high heart rate from eating healthy!
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Some diet pills do 'work' but it depends on your goals.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Of all the kids in my family, only my sister was given training wheels on her bike when she first began learning to ride. For her, it was a crutch she never could fully leave. Today, she is the one sibling who cannot ride a bike well.

Forget about using training wheels. Just learn to ride the bike. :)
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I had a friend on diet pills (meal suppressors) who described it as "An eating disorder in a jar" she lost over 50 pounds but she was so unhappy (and has sense gained back that in double).

Healthy is forever. Do it right.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can relate. When one of my close pals started taking Phentermine and nearly caught up to my weight loss in like 3 months, I was jealous and all sorts of mean, nasty, ugly things. Then she stopped taking it and put the weight right back on soooo I'm now happy to stick with slow and steady which will, in fact, win the race for the long haul. Don't like that analogy?
    The pills may win the battle, but those of us putting in the work will win the war!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    THEY are probably jealous of you and that's why they feel the need to "catch up" by taking the easy quick-fix road - which won't last.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your 108 lb loss! That is fantastic!

Secondly, those pills are B.S. and HORRIBLE for your body. When your friends stop taking the pills, they will most likely gain the weight back. When you lose weight the "Hard" way, and by that I mean the healthy way. You are not only getting your body in shape, but you are getting your mind in shape as well. You are training yourself to be more conscious in what you eat and put into your body. You are exercising, losing weight and gaining muscle.

Losing weight and getting into the habit of a better lifestyle has so many benefits. Losing the weight is just the beginning!

Good luck!
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Ok, I have been dealing with something for a while now and I just need a little kick in the rear so I can try to stop feeling this way. So many people around me are taking diet pills, such as Phentermine, Thinogenics, and drinking Plexus and Advocare drinks. They are losing weight so quickly. I know that it's not a race to lose weight, but I am working SOOO hard and not having the same results they are. These products are expensive and I really can't afford them, but I think if I could I would. I'm jealous and I get angry when people sell and take these products because I know there's a better way, but I am so tempted to take them myself or yell at the pill pushers!

Are they working out while taking the pills?