Mayo --- Yayo, or Nayo?

Options
Mayo...... Yay, or Nay?

In reading the boards I am quite surprised at how many people just do not like mayo.....

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i love mayo... i just would rather get my fat from different foods like whole eggs, oils, nuts, and nut butters.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love mayo! I use Hellman's light, but I don't eat things that require mayo often. Once in a while I'll make an egg salad sandwich or a turkey sandwich with mayo, but that's about it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I actually love mayo and miracle whip too. When I was younger I used to eat from the jar. Of course that wasnt limited butter, cheese, and creams were fair game.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Don't like, but just as a taste preference. Give me spicy mustard any day!!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Love mayo. Garlic mayo, chipotle mayo, basil mayo, peanut mayo, ginger mayo... I could go on!

I make egg salad sandwiches at least once a week.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Love Mayo.

Just made deviled eggs, and used to eat it on my sandwiches everyday of the work week.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    yayo! But it has to be Duke's....
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    For me, there is one thing that absolutely requires full-fat Hellmann's mayo: asparagus. I've tried light versions, I've tried lemon butter and a hundred other toppings, but the one perfect accompaniment to steamed asparagus is Hellmann's.

But it's just calorie-dense, not evil. I figure a tablespoon every now and again is fine, as long as it fits my day's goals. And if it's asparagus season, I make darned sure it does!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I find that I just don't want to eat it anymore. I prefer to use Laughing Cow cheese wedges or hummus as a spread, and I use either hummus or nonfat plain Greek yogurt when I make tuna or chicken salad.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of the taste on it's own, but I used to use it in a few things. Now I sub with greek yogurt wherever possible (i.e. wherever GY doesn't taste weird)
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    yayo! But it has to be Duke's....

I saw a recipe that said "MUST BE DUKES"... is it different than other mayo?
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I looove mayo!

I don't eat things that need it often, so I don't sweat the cals when I do have it.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I like a little mayo on a sandwich, but I don't eat very many sandwiches.

I like it in tuna, egg, and chicken salads, too.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just had this battle this am getting groceries.

I normally don't use it on a lot if any. But I'm CRAVING tuna salad. And I struggled, left the area, came back. Finally I just got light. It's not like I eat it all the time. Once I have my tuna salad I'll be done with it.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I occasionally have Vegenaise (vegan mayo) as a base for dip but if I have the option of coconut oil vs vegan mayo for something like toast, I go with the coconut oil.

Either option is healthier than regular mayonnaise though.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well it is really thick. If one's not used to consuming large amounts of fat in a small spoonful amount it may freak them out. I am also having a hard time eating one of those very sugary glazed donuts or any of that.

75% of Mayo is plain oil and the rest eggs - it is really dense and to me it tastes very much like fat/oil... I can take a little in a chicken wrap but not too much.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I love mayo, and some things just aren't the same without it. However, I find that the lower fat mayo with olive oil actually tastes better to me than the regular mayo (well...except for the chipotle mayo). But there aren't that many things I eat it on.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For me, mayo is like any other high fat food. It's good in moderation. Fat has too many calories and I like it too much for me to eat it with abandon. But some foods are just better with mayo.
  • dallas4u
    Options
    I love MAYO. My trick with mayo is to mix it up with plain greek yogurt. The yogurt "absorbs" the mayo and cuts the calories in half but keeps the taste. I don't like light or fat free mayos because they don't taste as good as the real stuff.

I am a fan of tuna salad sandwiches. The serving size of mayo is 2 tbsp (I think). So I use 1 tbsp of mayo and 1 tbsp of the plain greek yogurt. YUM!
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I like *homemade* mayo. Not a fan of store-bought stuff.