How long do people stay on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I will be here forever. As long as the site lasts.

I will always have to log my cals.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For as long as it takes.

This^^^

I have been here almost 3 years. I still struggle when I don't log. I've learned a lot, but I am still learning. I'm going to be here as long as it takes to make everything second nature. Where I can eyeball serving sizes. Where I know how many calories are in things without having to look them up. When I can, by second nature, correctly estimate my calories throughout the day without actually having to LOOK at them in a diary.

Both of these!! Been here for nearly 3 years and hope to eventually get to a place where I don't have to log every day, but I do plan to stick around long after I reach my goals in order to stay accountable.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I will probably be here in some capacity for forever. I will probably stop tracking once I've gotten to goal and have been maintaining a while, but I've made friends here that I would like to keep up with and I like the forums.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    People "do" MFP?
    I just use this place to log my food and my exercise....I don't really even know what it means to "do MFP".
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was on for about 7 months and then had unexpected health problems, a few day stay in the hospital and recovery, it did affect what I was able to do, but am trying to get back into shape. Not worried about the days/numbers, we're going on a cruise in December and I'm not paying high wifi charges in the ship.
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP ,just a month, lost 6 lb already which I never knew I could do. I hope to stay with mfp for ever, don't want any distraction on the way. I have been derailed , delayed, postponed my priorities for other, I really hope I dont give up on me this time and I dont give up MFP and healthy living, I need it.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I think it's like Facebook...it'll just keep growing and growing...there's no way for MFP to fail. We need it too much. :)

Monica
    Except it is a lot better because there are less fake profiles and more people concerned about their health than causing a lot of drama online. xo
  • Heather4275
    Heather4275 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think it's been about 200 days now and I have lost 2 stone in weight. This loss is due to logging my food and getting advice and support from my fantastic group of friends on MFP. This has been a change of life not a diet and my friends on MFP have supported me through the ups and down of this process. I don't see me leaving MFP, it's definitely Hotel Califonia!!:smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've been here 625 days!

Lost all the weight I wanted and then some more. I now find working out is part of my life and can't imagine stopping.

I am currently using MFP to gain weight after losing too much through illness.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I don't log as much since I'm in maintenance, but if I go over maintenance by even an ounce, I'm back at logging. I also will use it to just track one macro I might be interested in at any given time, like protein. I also like checking in on my pals. I would imagine I'll stay on MFP forever, but not logging unless I need to/have a specific reason. For me, it's nice to have the logging break and see how I do left to my own devices.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've logged in for almost 2 years, every day (690 days in a row a few days ago i believe). I've logged every day give or take 7-10 days when I was either on my honeymoon or wasn't logging in order to eat by feel.

I don't know how long i'll be here. I'll probably stay for awhile, simply because I'm in the habit at this point.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    People "do" MFP?
    I just use this place to log my food and my exercise....I don't really even know what it means to "do MFP".

LOL I think with 234 post you do MFP
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I intend to keep using it to maintain once I reach my goals and then over time once I know I will make correct food choices and maintain without logging, I will stop using it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I have to read every forum post every day before I go to bed.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Hotel California, baby (thx Onegarbonzo, or whaterver your name is....)
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to stop either. Just keep keeping on. :)
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever stop using MFP. It's the only thing that's helped me consistently lose weight at a healthy pace, which I have been trying to do for years. I've been on MFP for almost 7 months now and I love it!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've been here 565 days... No plans to leave... Ever!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I will probably be on until the end of my time.

I have been here for close to 2 years, I need the accountability or I would fall off the wagon and gain my weight back.
    I have learned this about myself over the years.

I also love the friends I have made, and the message boards. It's a good community.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i been here over a year. i dont think i will leave this place. has awesome friends n motivation and also i love tracking my food n knowing what type calories i should intake.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Hotel California.

People never leave. They just get banned and come back under different usernames.