Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Apple and 10 g peanut butter ... yummy crunchy and less that 150cals
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    An imaginary sammitch. Just dont forget to pretend to make it before you eat it. No skipping steps, you'll feel cheated later if you do. No need for thanks, just enjoy. I just had a corned beef imaginary sammitch. mmmmmMMMMM!!!

<3
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I guess we can munch on carrots,celery,cucumbers,tomatoes, what else. I miss munching. Need some freebie foods. I guess anything has calories though when you eat too much.

You may be used to this idea if you were on Weight Watchers. I know they have freebie foods. Since this is a calorie counting site, it doesn't work that way here. If you are the type who feels more satisfied eating all day, then split your meals up. I, for one, feel cheated if my meals are too small, so that approach doesn't work for me. I also crave food less if I'm not constantly eating.

Some people have given good examples of low calorie foods, so try those in several small meals. If it's hunger that's making you want to snack, make sure you're getting enough protein and fat. Fat is especially satiating. And make sure you're getting enough calories overall.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    jicama! With lime and a little cayenne pepper.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you don't go overboard (high sodium levels), I like to snack on pickles. I also like pomegranates because they take longer to eat and they're low-calorie. There are no "no-calorie" foods, but these are both good for lower-calorie munching.
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Munching is a really hard thing to overcome. I try to leave a few calories throughout the day so I can have a snack later in the night, if I need to. Water is the only thing that has no calories that I am aware of.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Ice is great for that need to munch. Something to chew on and good for you.

My dentist would beg to differ that chewing ice is good for you. It is good for the dentist, however.
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    PICKLES:smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    No calorie? Ice cubes.