NSV - first "You've lost weight!" When was yours?

Options

Replies

• Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    22 pounds down and I still haven't gotten one :(
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I changed my lifestyle about a year and half ago. I’m down a total of 170 lbs. and I finally had a NSV about 2 weeks ago, wedding ring was to big. Then this weekend, 2 people that had no idea that I changed my lifestyle, noticed I lost weight. It only took a 170 lbs. and a year and half of my life. I have a long ways to go though.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine was about 2 weeks ago from someone from another department. She came to me desk to ask me a question and said, "you've lost weight." I had dropped 10 lbs.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    about a month ago, a co- worker commented on my healthier lunches and resisting the food at the office. I noticed the decreased "granny flaps" ( Arm Jiggle) and better looking legs around that time too. Over all, I am down 10# since Dec. 1 and 32 total since my highest wt. Love the " Drat, have to buy smaller pants" feeling. Hubby even says " those pants are baggy in the butt, get new ones!" Tee HEE!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My husband saw a big difference about two weeks ago. My coworkers also have started to comment on noticing the weight loss! It feels great to have family and friends notice my efforts.
  • AubreyLeong
    AubreyLeong Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My sisters can tell the best because they know me so well. We had a sisters night out and went hot tubbing and they were all commenting on how great I looked and how I've lost weight. I was only 14 lbs into my journey (at least 30 left to go) so it was really rewarding to be recognized so early in my journey! Also my best friend who I haven't seen in a month kept commenting when we met up for lunch today. I'm looking forward to the time when it's SUPER obvious to co-workers and such. :)
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It tends to be the people you havnt seen in a while, so if your seeing the same people day in day out dont get disheartened!
    Mine was two days ago when a work collegue said I am looking 'smaller' ha! x
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    The first time anyones said anything was around 25lbs. After 30lbs. I started getting a lot of comments. This last week I have been getting a lot of people asking me if I have lost more weight even though I haven't lost anything in about 6 weeks. Go figure.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Mine was yesterday, someone at the gym told me I was starting to get a nice hourglass shape, I am almost 10 pounds down and quite a few inches :bigsmile:
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Today in fact! Just put on a top that in the fall was starting to get a bit tight in the back, near my shoulders. Put it on today and there's no such tightness any more. I thought some of my jeans were starting to feel looser, but am certain about with this shirt.
  • MMMMMMMary
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds in 11 days. My father-in-law, kind of forgetful, came over to the house and cheerfully asked, "you're looking good. Have you put on weight?"

I'm not sure if that's an NSV or not. I think not, probably, but he noticed a difference of SOME sort . . .:)
  • lease1981
    Options
    about a week after working out co workers and patients noticed would of been about 6 lbs lost, I seem to be loosing more inches then weight though...but i suppose i'll take it for now;)
  • fauxfoe
    fauxfoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My SO said that I have an hourglass figure (about a week ago?). I hadn't even really lost much weight at that point (maybe 5 pounds, tops?), but I'd never been told that I had an hourglass figure. I'd never noticed it in myself, either. And now I do. *glowing smile*
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Still waiting...

Dorothy? Have you lost weight?? You look GREAT!

(There ya go. Good job!) :)
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ya beat me to it!
  • nnelson33
    Options
    I was surprised with mine - no one noticed until I had lost 25-30 lbs. I've lost 58 and I still have some people who haven't noticed.

Don't worry! I'm sure that everyone has noticed, with that much weight gone how couldn't they have!!

It was really bothering me that people at work hadn't said anything to me, then one day last week the guys upstairs said it was because they didn't want me to take it in a bad way.

Stick to it and great work! :)
  • nnelson33
    Options
    I've had a few, but my proudest:
    1) After doing the hardest workout I had ever done with my trainer, another gym goer chased me down in the parking lot and said "Wow, you looked really really great out there. I would've given up not even half way through the stuff they were having you do."

2) Able to fit in AND ZIP the smallest size jeans I can EVER remember from my childhood to now.

3) My big goal for the year is to be itty bitty at my sister's wedding, and the bridesmaid dress I got just a month ago is already too big :)
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    it was about 7 months and 18lbs before anyone (my mother) noticed. and the only reason she noticed was because I tried on a pair of trousers that used to be tightly fitted on me, and they fell straight to the floor

it was a few months again and a few more pounds after that before anyone else noticed (my mother-in-law when she gave me a hug). apart from those two, no-one else noticed :ohwell: but on the bright side, at least now that I've gained 10 lbs of it back, no-one has noticed that either :laugh:
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    After 6 weeks and 17lbs, my in-laws commented, but I hadn't seen them during that 6 weeks, so I think it was less gradual, and more impact. No one I see on a regular basis has commented yet. I definitely see a difference though, and so does my husband.
  • rubyjuly21
    rubyjuly21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Being so tall, 6ft, I have a lot of places to hide the weight, so I'm sure it's going to be awhile. 19 lbs is just a drop in the bucket. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!