*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    OK... so, I am going to start by saying... I think - THINK - that I am finally "BACK." *big sigh of relief* I don't know how else to say that but to say that I think I might actually be back... back to myself, back to the plan, back on track, back to myself... did I mention back to being me?

Long story short? I went on a hiatus from "my plan" and what was working, went on vacation for almost 3 weeks, came back and ended up VERY sick, got put on a steroid and lost pretty much everything about ME. It was really, really hard to work out - and, much of that was probably because by the end? I had put on close to 40 or more pounds over a 30 day period of time. Which - was VERY directly related to the steroid. I mean, my weight was up from not follwing plan and being on vacation - but - it went from that weight up possibly close to 50 pounds... in 30 days time. My mood? Good grief. I found out later that people who go on some of these steroids are also placed on antidepressants and all I can say is that I can see why! My mood was all over the place. I thought that as soon as the meds were done that the effects would simply go away. But they didn't. I kept going to the gym and burning massive calories, most likely (OK, plain and simply) wasn't eating enough calories to counteract that... and I was tired, sluggish, crabby... all the things that I love about working out weren't happening. I even had a session with my trainer where she actually had to take weights OFF because I couldn't do anything. She said to stop concentrating on the scale and start concentrating on feeding my body like I knew how and to just plan that I wouldn't be back to where I was pre-illness until the end of February but that by the end of March she expected I would be back to my best level...

So a few weeks ago, I just concentrated on working out, the next week it was working out and drinking water, the following week (last week) was more about working out, wataer and supposedly nutrition. BUT I forgot how hard it is to detox off of crappy food and crappy habits... so this week? This week I am building out a plan for nutrition and workouts. I'm logging EVERYTHING. I'm going to ensure I am getting enough sleep. And, I am going to work on checking in here more often... I say it all the time, but? I do better when I have my "girls" around me... plus - we have some guys in here now, so, gotta check in with all of ya all... LOL.

So, why I think I am back? Because the last few workouts have provided me with that motivational high that you get at the end, my mood is soooooo much improved, and the scale has started working it's way back down... NOW - I know I need to NOT concentrate so much on the scale, but? I will have some focus there - It is NOT the measure of my success - but I hate that my ticker says what it says... once upon a time it said 115 pounds were gone... and they were never supposed to come back. So, I just wanna see it back to nearer what it should be. I expect that I may have a few weeks of incredible "losses" because I know that much of the "weight" that came on (that 50'ish pounds) is fluid. I can see it. I can feel it. So, I know that people can drop a ton of fluid quickly. Oh, and I stopped drinking pop/soda on Ash Wednesday - which means I am where I should be water wise - which usually leads to drops on the scale and - well - I'm seeing fluid leave... so hoping that will show up on the scale.

Ummm... so well, yeah, thats where I am at....

With that in mind - here is my plan for the week... figuring that will help hold me accountable to the plan. :)

Sunday: Go to the gym for at least 45 min of exercise (LCW for another challenge)
    Monday: At least 30 min cardio, then Yoga Class for 1 hr 15 min followed by the Steam Room (my first real Yoga class)
    Tuesday: At least 20 min cardio, then Personal Training (TRX, I believe), followed by the Steam Room
    Wednesday: REST DAY - hosting an It Works! Party.
    Thursday: At least 30 min cardio, then lifting
    Friday: Goal of 60 min of cardio, followed by the Steam Room
    Saturday: Morning Outdoor Walk/Jog (weather dependent), Afternoon: at least 20 min cardio, lifting, followed by Steam Room.

Goal: Minimum of 100 oz of water every day!

And, again, I posted a blog yesterday and posted the link in an earlier message... but, that's a big focus for me - which is why I am adding Yoga to my regular routine... EEK! I don't think I am going to be ANY good at Yoga and am a bit concerned about it... This body? Not really made for Yoga exactly. I'm pretty flexible, but with that added weight my balance is horrible and I can only be as flexible as my body allows - where "fat pockets" lie - I mean, well, yeah... Anyway... I'm a bit worried about that this week... but? I'm not going to let my inner fears interfere! ;)
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    just found this blog would like toi join it to got over 100lbs to lose
  • lombrica
    Options
    And Now - to Feedback... :) (here's hoping that the FIRST and SECOND don't make me sound too horrible! Eek!)

FIRST -- To any of you who are saying you wish to "JOIN" our group... there is no "joining" to do. Not really. This is an ongoing thread. The IMPORTANT PIECES are that you need to BE ACTIVE not only in YOUR OWN STORY but also SUPPORTING OTHERS. That's it. It's that simple. And, you'll be amazed by the support you get back... this is NOT a place for you to come and JUST GET support - YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO RECEIVE... but what you receive? Pretty amazing! :)

SECOND -- To those of you who have sent me Friend Requests? Many of them without a note or message attached... I'm pretty selective about who and when I put people on my Friend List... if you join us and stick around for a while, then I'll probably be happy to accept them. However, I am a big supporter of my friends on here - (at least usually, lol, sorry to Steph & Penny in particular, I kinda disappeared for a bit, but again? I'm back!) - and so I take that list pretty seriously. I'm not someone who cares to have a "big" friend list... I used to keep it to 25 or less. That's grown over time. But, please don't take offense... I am just one of those people who keeps her list relatively small...

THIRD -- OK, Now time for Individual Feedback... and some of it may be late - but better late than never, right?!?

Steph: I'm sooo sorry to hear that the flu has hit your home. :( Hope that all of you are better soon. Have I told you that I love that new(er) photo of Kenzie? She's so cute... You should be one proud mama! ;) Now, on the relationship stuff - ugh! Sorry! Just know that a baby changes everything - and you are both learning new things about yourselves and each other. Don't take it all on you - there are reasons (legitimate ones) for why you have some frustrations... I just hope he's working as hard on those things as you are on yours... Sorry, but I tend to be a little protective of those I love! ;) Also - how is your calendar looking for that real exercise? I'm doing my own pieces of that same type of thing - so we can sure help keep each other accountable! Here's hoping for more of your Hubby pitching in for that important time with Kenz while you can have some equally important YOU TIME. :)

Penny: Glad that the first weekend of Feb. with the BF went well and that clothes are fitting better - yay on the black jeans! That's always nice. I love that you are such a biker. I just can't get into it, most of the time. Part of me wants to be... but that doesn't include my butt and quads... ha! ;) How about you? How has exercise outside of walking/cycling been going? And, what about the water? I'm going to try and cook up several meals for this week at a point this evening... hoping that keeps me on track and saves me money also! *sigh* The new taxes here in the US have absolutely KILLED my paycheck. I'm not organized enough to plan a week in advance, but I'm gonna try to gleen some of your mojo with prepping meals ahead... And? My *kitten*... all big old bunch of it... is back here! ;) Thanks for threatening to come kick it. Sometimes I need that - as you well know. Ha!

ReNae: Where are you, where are you, where are you?? I need my ReNae back - telling us to keep it skinny and that it's Thirsty Thursday... I am just, simply, happy whenever I see a post from you! So, I hope that you find your way back to us -- you just were such a foundation of that original group. :)

Julie: As I texted you before, but will say it 100 times more? CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABE!! He's so cute... I hope that it's going well. How's Eve adjusting? Happy to be Wyatt's big sis still or has any of the natural jealousy and confusion crept in? Sleepless nights... would be hard. Back to finding a new kind of balance, huh? ;)

pennsciteach: I like the different approach to your calories (Red Velvet Cupcake post) - because I agree, you CAN have those things. Food is meant to be enjoyed... we just need to do that reasonably. Also? I love that you are active on here... YAY! :) Bokwa sounds... interesting. Glad that you found something you enjoy - makes it much easier, doesn't it?!?

Brenda (MTGirl4Life): A fellow Montanan? WELCOME!! :) Yeah, Yeah, I know - you "live" in Washington... but I know that a Montanan's heart always stays with Montana. LOL.

Amanda (misspinkshort): Life can get in the way and we may disappear - but what I am glad to read is that you were still working your program/plan. Great job!! :) Remember that there is a VERY IMPORTANT role for Rest days and Recovery days... it's vital that you take both of those types of days to let your body recover and rebuild. No need to feel guilty - and make sure to plan those days in! That may help with the "motivation factor." You have to remember that it's OK to have days that you just don't want to do the "right things." It's part of what helps us grow... so one or two down days? Nothing to get overly concerned about... Additinally - if this was hitting right about 3 weeks later? That's probably because it's become that new reality. It takes 21 days to form a new habit, which is 3 weeks. Your body probably is wondering - is this what we are sticking with? Show it that it is! :)

hmayo86: Glad to see you in here regularly... whoop! :) Sorry, but when there are so many in and out? Well - I figure we should celebrate those of us who stick around! Ha! Also? Congrats on getting past that one stinkin' pound... I find that my body sometimes freaks out at a particular weight - then once I get past that I'll do well for awhile... then it'll freak out again... So, I'm celebrating that one pound for and with ya! :)

Welcome to the rest of you... hope that we have more people sticking around!

My goal also for the week? Check in to this thread at least 3 times for the week... this will count as one. What about the rest of you? What can you commit to - in order to help make this thread successful?!? I challenge each of you to check in at least 3 seperate days this week... I'm gonna do it - will you?!?
  • cuttingA83
    cuttingA83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Andrea. i just turned 30yrs old. i started myfitpal back in june of last yr. i fell off the wagon in mid october thru november & december. i started back up on jan 7th. since then i have been logging and working out consistantly. when i first started my weight loss journey i had an 204lbs to loose. last tuesday i reached my 1st 50lb goal. so i now have 154lbs left to go. i look forward to continueing my journey with all of u and helping and encouraging and cheering everyone alog the way as well as being encourged by all of u. thank u all in advanced and happy to have more people added to myfitpal family. request me and ill be happy to join ur group and add u guys as my friends! :)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kelly. I have lost 71 pounds and want to lose another 49. I was just thinking to myself today how a lot of my current friends rarely ever comment on my updates even though I religiously comment on ALL my friends' updates. I have some really great friends, but looking for more people willing to give me support as well. Even though I've been pretty successful at losing weight, I still need the support!!

I am experiencing the same thing! I love celebrating everyone's accomplishments, and I don't want to be selfish, but it feels good receiving support back.
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...

Ok, so I guess I'm one of those who just pop in and out of this thread and I completely agree with lombrica that we should all be supporting one another. So hopefully in the next few days, I could follow the stories of the active members of this thread and be able to share my two cents.

I'm completely amazed at the tickers of the active members here. Some have lost 50 lbs and still counting. I just hate that my ticker is not moving. Although, I think I've lost a few centimeters here and there but when I check my measurements and still didn't budge.
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join this thread too! I have lost 41 pounds so far, and want to lose 100 pounds more. I have been overweight most of my life and just turned 40 last summer. It's time to stop losing and gaining the same pounds over and over, like I have the last 3 years. I have switched to eating Paleo and doing yoga, along with biking and swimming at the gym. Let's encourage each other to reach our weight loss goals :bigsmile:
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I try to check in everyday, but I'm actually going to post responses 3 days this week... So y'all better give me something to comment on! Also I will update once I'm at work/imfron of a computer as I'm not typing the long winded story on my tablet x
    See you all later skinnies! X
  • Shandra101
    Shandra101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm so impressed with everyone here...

lombrica - Your blog touched me.

karmahealer - I LOVE your tickler!

cuttingA83 - Congrats on the big 50 marker!!!!

I'm working on a few mantras, might have to steal some from lombrica, anyone else have things they say to themselves to stay strong?
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks :love: I like "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" :bigsmile: In fact, I write that out on a notecard when I'm baking or around foods that don't support my weight loss!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Karma...i see the sentiment in that statement but I really don't like it... (not trying to rain on your parade or be mean, just offering an alternative perspective)...the reason I don't like it is because of the pro-anorexia undertones to the statement, that food is the enemy and the only way is skinny...plus it's simply not true...I like the idea behind it if it stops you grabbing a cookie (and helps you), but this IS a lifestyle thing...you're going to have cookies/pizza/whatever, you just need to work out a way that makes it fit in for you...for me, it's more about things being worth it/not worth it, sometimes cookies and pizza most cetainly are worth it...sometimes I choose healthier options because they're not worth it...

I don't really have any mantras I'm afraid, to add...
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Penny: I’m with you. I’ve never been a fan of that statement but I can see why it helps some people. Personally, when my mindset is right, I always ask myself ‘do you really want this, why are you eating this, is it going to make you feel better?’ Not really a mantra but has stopped me reaching for the biscuits.

Hmayo: well done on the 1lb and 1 inch. That’s some good work!

Becky: loved the blog. It’s all so true. I love the idea also of giving up excuses, I thought of that a lot this weekend. Thank you for what you said. I am basically making hubby do more by not doing it myself. And as much as it sucked to be sick this weekend, it forced him to step up and take care of Kenzie while I slept for much of Saturday. And everything was fine, they both had a good time and he did it without me nagging at him about things (which I confess I do). Our date night for valentine’s day went out the window with the flu so hoping to reschedule!

Jehan: you’re a new mom, so I’m going to echo what everyone has said to me. Don’t be too hard on yourself if things seem to be going slowly (trust me, I went down only to go right back up!). It’s a whole new thing doing weight loss with a little one. You will get there!

Well as for me, this weight loss continues to puzzle me sometimes! I had grown very frustrated with watching the scale creep up when I was working hard, I was logging, I was working out (3 times last week, not the 4 I was aiming for but I do blame the flu!). So on about Thursday I decided to screw it all. I munched, a lot. Not that there was much in the house to munch on but I ate what I could find. Saturday was a right off with the flu. And this morning I stepped on the scale to see the damage and can’t believe it’s down. It makes no sense to me.
    Small victory today as well. I had decided I was going to do what I wanted today (get it out of my system once and for all so to speak!). I was going to pick up pizza while out with baby to have once I got home. Instead I found myself in subway ordering a 6” (not the healthiest on the menu), some sunchips and a coke zero. Much better in terms of calories than the pizza would have been so I will take the little victory.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    So…The end of last week was hard for me, pressure piled on at work (super frustrating and nothing I could do about it), my work got done but everyone else around me was stressing themselves out and thus infecting me. I could go into great detail about why everything went wrong (due to other people’s meddling) despite all of my efforts but I won’t bore you with that. Suffice to say I didn’t manage to leave the wrong (read much further away) part of London until 6.45…1hr15mins after I was meant to leave (and I’d had no lunch break)…and It was still going to be a 45min journey back to the right part of London to commute home from. Instead of getting a train at 17.52 as normal I managed to just squeak onto the 19.36. I was exhausted. And I was meant to be driving 90mins to the bf’s house to pick him up to drive 40mins to where we were staying this weekend…needless to say that didn’t happen, I ate and went straight to bed.
    Saturday morning I woke up and I couldn’t stop crying, I felt awful, I was exhausted, everything seemed wrong…so I put it off for a few hours, got up slowly, got my head back on track, finally ready to leave and the car won’t move…so it gets put off even longer whilst the breakdown people come sort it out.
    Finally get to my bf’s house about 2.15pm to drive to my dad’s house where we’re staying since my bf’s housemate was meant to be decorating his bathroom (dad works away from home, so has a crash pad he sleeps in 2-4nights a week).
    I did have a lovely restful weekend, which was nice, but I ate a ton of rubbish, I don’t even feel guilty about it…it’s not that I overate, I actually ate moderate amounts and didn’t go on a crazy binge or anything, but I didn’t really care that my bf wanted to make burgers, and the next day he wanted to go out for a carvery etc.

Today I am back on it, and I’m tired but not *can’t stop crying tired*. I think the pollen must be back coz my head feels all fuzzy…need to re-locate my antihistamines. Oh and I don’t care about the scale…my clothes are getting smoother by the day, so I’m just not getting on it, I don’t want to know what it has to say. Maybe when I feel it might actually say something positive…at that sweet spot between TOM, not having eaten too much salty things, etc etc, but until I feel that time is right I’m going to stay in blissful ignorance! (Is that really bad?) I’m eating right, cycling, and working on whether I feel ready to introduce something a little extra into my evenings…not this week I know, but maybe next week…Maybe my Feb goals will have to become March goals at this rate…

Amanda: Well done for sticking with it…you need to schedule some down days too to let your body recover…so maybe Friday is as good a day as ever!?

Steph: Hows it going? And How were the chicken wraps (they sounded so yummy!) Did you get the workouts in?

Becky: Firstly I loved your blog, and I was with you on every word.
    Secondly, well done for maybe/possibly/probably being back…it’s ridiculously hard to jump back on, but well done on the babysteps and I know we’ll have you back for good soon (if not already).
    I love your plan…my plan goes something like *get through to the weekend without killing any colleagues, family members or devouring entire boxes of chocolates…* Seriously though…I’m back here with you! Oh and the yoga…I’m allegedly fit and flexible but I suck at yoga (but I do enjoy it, it makes my back feel good, and it’s nice and relaxing…I just wish it’d go at double speed and make me feel slightly less uncoordinated and inferior!)
    PS I’m not a biker…I’m just stingy and would rather not pay £25/week to park my car…so really this came from pure financial motivations rather than ever feeling like a cyclist! Ok so I have kinda accidentally become one since 2 years at uni in Oxford and using one out of necessity…but I don’t have a crazy road bike with the curvy handlebars or anything…! And my bum and quads do hate me if I don’t do it for a bit…but because I only do 2 x 3miles/day they don’t tend to complain too much…I think if I was ever to do a 10mile ride they’d punish me forever though!
    I’ve not managed to jump on the extra exercise yet…as discussed above, but I’m sure in time I’ll work out a way to convince my body to push through. I really want to do a dvd like 30DS in the evenings but I know mum would scream at me coz I’m “too tired” and she thinks I’ll “make myself ill” etc…she already thought I shouldn’t go away this weekend… As for the water, yes I’m on that. Switched up my waterbottle (the one I had tasted ick), so that’s sorted now I’m on about 10cups/day.
  • pepstaarzz711
    Options
    HI! my name is Jessica and i am working hard to lose 60 lbs and to change my waist-hip-chest measurments. Long road ahead of me but i always remember to stay positive!!

LETS DO IT TOGETHER!!
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name in Nan. I joined MFP some time ago, but then got lost and fat (again). I've lost the same 40 pounds 3 times already. I now realize that this battle is too difficult without support of friends. I used to be on the Jillian Michaels website and belonged to a thread there we called "Little Black Dress Society". Being a part of that was when I had the most success. But eventually I had to say goodbye because I just couldn't keep paying.

This thread sounds so similar, sounds like a great group of motivated, supportive, and active "partners". Im looking forward to getting to know everyone and this time staying connected, staying movtivated, staying on track. I'm 53 and already I'm feeling more like 20 just with the few pounds lost and the lifestyle changes I've made in the past few months. I think all that is missing is some people to share the journey with.

I've battled with weight loss my whole life...I'm a real foodie. I love to cook, I have 45 cookbooks and one of the best is Ina Garten....well, she'll make anyone fat but the food is soooooo good. I learned that the only way I can do this is to really understand what exactly I'm putting in and burning off. I want to be able to enjoy food, but I also need to know "how much" to enjoy. The food diary is soooo important.

So, here I am. Let's do this!!
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies..

penny_eclipse - I'm glad to hear that you had a restful weekend. Eating can be a pain sometimes during the weekend. But since we consider this a lifetime change, we obviously can't say that we won't eat pizza, burger or fries forever. We just have to eat "moderately" (which I guess is a relative term). Hope you feel better with your allergies.

stephaniezoun- thanks for the encouragement. I just really hate it when people keeps mentioning that I still look very fat and pregnant. So I just remind myself that it took me 9 months to balloon into this size, then obviously I can't be back to skinny-me in just a snap, unless there is magic involved or if I'm a celebrity or something who have personal chefs/trainers at their beck and call...

I completely get you on the weight thing. It's when you do things right that the number will go up and then when you try to screw everything it magically goes down...congratulations on the small victory...

I failed to go the gym last night, I was so happy playing with my little one that I lost track of the time. I think I need to give him his own Iphone, since my phone won't last with the way he's playing with it. He's only one and now he knows how to unlock it. I still can't go to gym since I'm swamped with work and have to stay in the office until late this evening. Hopefully, I'll manage to go tomorrow and continue with my shred... It's been almost a month now and i'm still at D7 Level 1.

To the new gals, welcome, welcome....

have a great day everyone...
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    stephaniezoun- thanks for the encouragement. I just really hate it when people keeps mentioning that I still look very fat and pregnant. So I just remind myself that it took me 9 months to balloon into this size, then obviously I can't be back to skinny-me in just a snap, unless there is magic involved or if I'm a celebrity or something who have personal chefs/trainers at their beck and call...

Don't feel bad....I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy and am still working off the baby fat.....my daughter is 19 years old!
    Ugh....
  • lombrica
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Was planning to start with my first Yoga class tonight... kinda important to me - working on that whole voice in my head thing - so I'm sad to report that I didn't go to the gym. Just wasn't feeling well - at all... Was the weirdest thing - but - well - yeah... So, I tried to go to the grocery store, was just hurting and every step made my sick feeling worse... so quick sweep through to pick up food for the week and then home... took some meds, fell asleep on the couch and now I'm up later than I hoped, but that's what happens when you sleep early evening time. *sigh*

One of my favorite people from work died this morning... was really sad. I mean - she is at peace and has been ready for this, but she made my heart happy and I will miss her. She gave me kisses all the time - I would say "Give me Kiss" in Polish to her - which she loved. I knew that it was close, but it doesn't take away that I will miss her...

The main guy in my life... came over last night, which was a surprise. He's actually been very open, forthright and present as of late. The messages he sent me today - just very, very sweet... I can't get my finger on things with him. *sigh* This is NOT a forever thing - but, I'm finding that it really is nice to have him in my life... ugh, I hate, hate, HATE to admit that!

OK - FEEDBACK TIME:

jehan: I'm glad that you are doing more than popping in once and disappearing! ;) And, yes, it was actually other people's tickers that helped me find some faith and belief that I could do it too... and soon? My ticker will be back where it's supposed to be... (ugh!). I don't really watch my measurements very often - maybe every couple of months. Trying to do it weekly would have driven me nuts... just because it's hard to measure at the same places, etc. Anyway - just stick with it, with us, and we'll cheer you on as you start reaching those goals... because? you will!

Penny: I'm gonna try to give you things to comment on! ;) Ha! I loved that... LOVED that! Wow -- what a weekend! I'm glad that you finally made it and that you had a great time. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE - about being OK with rubbish when it's an occasion, about watching clothing versus the scale. :) I love that you are going to wait for the sweet spot and then step on the scale. I LOVE IT!! So, NO - Blissful Ignorance is NOT Bad at all... And - stingy or not? YOU ARE A BIKER!! Because you do it, regularly, even in bad conditions and you WANT to do it... so necessity? stingy? all that aside? YOU ARE... and? I love you for it... It motivates me. Thanks for the thoughts on the Yoga... I'm pretty flexible - as far as I can be with all the fat that is still there to get in the way - you know?!? But, balance? Eek! I'm mad about missing class today - but if I could hardly walk, I'm sure yoga wouldn't have gone well. And thank you also - for the compliments on the Blog... I really didn't think anyone was reading it - so it means a lot to hear the postive feedback and that people could relate. Thank you.

Shandra101: Thanks! I appreciate that feedback on the blog... I wasn't sure if anyone was reading it. I thought that maybe it'd get more votes - but decided that the blog wasn't really about that - it was about sorting through my own stuff, and if it touches someone - even one person - then it's great. So, thank you... because now? I know that I was able to do just that! :) As for mantras? I have several things that I repeat for various things... language is so important to me. One of my favorite things is what I repeat for days after a good, hard workout... Sore Body Today Equals A Strong Body Tomorrow... because it helps me get through the sore, I'm gonna be saying this Wed, Thurs, and Friday this week - as I am doing TRX with my personal trainer tomorrow! Ha!

Karma/Penny/Steph: I'm with Penny & Steph on the whole Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels... I know that it motivates people and I'm all for motivation... so if it works for you? Use it. Personally? I just think that we should enjoy our food and that for me it's NOT about being "skinny" -- it's about being HEALTHY and STRONG. So, it's balancing it for me and - as Penny said - deciding what is worth it at each moment in time... But, again - if it works for you? USE IT!! :)

Steph: Thank you - for the compliment on the blog. That means a lot to me! Especially from you and from people that I know... so, Thank You! And - what a freaking puzzle that stupid scale is! I'm just hoping that I'm on the edge pieces of the puzzle of my scale -- he, he, he -- you know how those are the easiest ones to connect? Because I need it to be friendly with me until I get back to that 3-digit ticker! Anyway - sorry about the flu... but I love that you got to learn and see what your Hubby can do and be through that flu! :) And? I just love you... just love, love, love you!! :)

Gettinyoung: Love that "Little Black Dress Society" name... he, he, he... Hope you stick around! ;)
  • kazz03
    Options
    Hi my name is kaz and I started to release my extra pounds in january2013. Released 8lbs so fsr and a further 56 to add to it. Have just discovered this fantastic app and that it has support threads. I need to do this for my own health and regain my energy for my 10yr old son. I would welcome the support and hopefully chat soon tku
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I'm Jessi and I have about 85 pounds to dispose of. All friends welcome!