What are you burning through?

Options

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bell peppers, carrots, mandarins and protein powder.
  • zelhya
    Options
    Skimmed milk and yoghourt, fruits and vegetables, feta .
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Chicken and eggs are my two biggest ones.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    0% plain greek yogurt (Fage)
    eggs
    string cheese
    fruit
    veggies
    olive oil
    chicken breasts
    cottage cheese
    brita filters
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Water - I moved almost 3 weeks ago and no longer have a fridge with a water filter system. While I track and know how much water I drink each day, it wasn't until I had to start filling up a Brita pitcher that I realized how much water I go through.

It's interesting to see what I don't go through anymore. I've yet to unpack all my food from my old house and it's mainly stuff like boxes of pasta, rice, baking goods.

The stuff I go trough all the time now is OJ and frozen strawberries for smoothies, lunch meat, sliced cheese, mustard, creamy horseradish sauce, flatout fold-its for lunches, and the various beans, rotel, canned tomato cause, condensed soup, chicken breast, ground turkey, spices and stocks that I need for crock potting chili and chicken & dumplings.
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Options

It's interesting to see what I don't go through anymore. I've yet to unpack all my food from my old house and it's mainly stuff like boxes of pasta, rice, baking goods.

I agree!! there is a lot of things sitting in my pantry that aren't getting touched!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just started going through my pantry too and i'm eating everything in it and not replacing it. I can't afford to throw the food away, but it's relatively healthy so I'm ok.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    avocados and black olives. I will put them on just about anything.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, spinach, bananas, beets, egg whites, fish, chicken, cottage cheese.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Eggs, peanut butter, cottage cheese, Chobani Pineapple, TastyKakes (almost every day my son and I make some tea, split a pack of TastyKakes, and read two chapters of the unabridged version of Les Miserables out loud--well worth the 120-140 calories, in my opinion).
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% plain yogurt. I go through tubs every week. I eat it for snacks, use it as sour cream replacement, sandwich spread, and dips.
    Fat-free milk, but that was always the case. I like drinking milk.
    Egg whites.
    Chicken stock, beef stock, veggie stock. I make lots of soups now for weekly lunches, and really go through the low-sodium stocks.
    Frozen chicken breast.
    Britta filters. I drink way more water now that before, even though I always drank a lot.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I go through my Fage 0% Greek Yogurt like crazy. And bananas and eggs.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    apples
    beans
    quorn
    quinoa
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, peanut butter, bread, bananas, almond milk lol
  • lease1981
    Options
    yogurt, eggs, salad stuff .
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bananas, kale, spinach, carrots, lentils, apples, brown rice, all fresh fruits and veggies really.

I just keep a pitcher of unfiltered water in my frig, too lazy for filters :smile:
    I make my own dressings too which is much easier to me than worrying about a bottle of salad dressing. We go through a lot!

My husband lives on:
    Peanut butter, cottage cheese, yogurt cups so I am always getting more of these items too even though I rarely eat them.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    eggs, spinach (a pound a week!), wasabi almonds (my boyfriend eats those like he's getting ready to hibernate) tomatoes and baby carrots
  • xlipservicex
    Options
    Bananas, kale, spinach, carrots, lentils, apples, brown rice, all fresh fruits and veggies really.

I just keep a pitcher of unfiltered water in my frig, too lazy for filters :smile:
    I make my own dressings too which is much easier to me than worrying about a bottle of salad dressing. We go through a lot!

My husband lives on:
    Peanut butter, cottage cheese, yogurt cups so I am always getting more of these items too even though I rarely eat them.

I have a water filter thing in my fridge but I always forget to change the filter so my water is prolly the same as yours. I need to start making my own dressing, what do you do?

My husband lives on pizza and granola bars and weighs 145lbs (at 6'2"). He's evil.
  • xlipservicex
    Options
    apples
    beans
    quorn
    quinoa

what is quorn?!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - LOVE the stuff for low cal and good protein. And next would be LOTS of veggies and fruits. Lastly is chicken and tilapia.