This is mine..what is YOUR mantra each day?

Options

Replies

• expoduck
    Options
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If hunger isnt the problem, then food isnt the answer....

thats for my emotional eating days :/
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You don't know how strong you are

The only person I am cheating is myself.

Those two thoughts go through my head on repeat every single time I work out.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    lots of inspiring thoughts.. I will use this thread on days I am having a tough time.. I wish you all much success in all you strive for. :flowerforyou:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like just sitting around, or not cleaning the house, or going for that third brownie, even when I lose my temper with my children. I do my best to close my eyes, take a few deep breaths and I tell myself:

"Just try harder to be better"

It's fairly round about and vague but it seems to help me get myself in line, whatever the situation may be.
  • loobz12
    Options
    Because I'm worth it!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.

When I look at the big picture I get overwhelmed so I try to focus on the trees instead of the forest.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'd rather live a life of "oh well"s than a life of "what if"s
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "Be yourself.
    Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."

That's what gets me to workout :B
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    " don't look at how far you have to go in your journey, instead look at how far you have come."
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "Just Do It. Even if you suck."

"Lift Heavy. Be Happy."
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's all on you.

Meaning - it's all on me. I can sit around and stay overweight and lazy or get up and get it done. It's my choice - and I have to live with it and accept it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I can have chocolate today.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Swindoll on Attitude -

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The Lord is my strength.

When I'm feeling weak, tired, fatigued, unmotivated, etc. I know my strength comes from the Lord!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Okay to be serious, mine would probably be "It's not going to help"

I like to eat when I'm upset or stressed, I tell myself "It's not going to help" and usually can talk myself out of it. Losing weight won't solve all of my problems, but neither will being fat.

That's really great. Thanks for sharing.
  • Mazeway
    Mazeway Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "Stick to the plan"
    I took 5 months with diet and exercise, and I have lost over 10 kilos. I try to remember that
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    “When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet her, she will win”

My workouts are my practice, and my body and mind are what's at stake. She's beaten me before, but this time, I'm ready. ...and I won't be beaten again. This time, when I meet her, I will win.
  • PrivateVenue
    PrivateVenue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When it comes to my food decisions, I think, "I can have it, but I don't want it."
  • kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    Options
    For some reason this works, especially when I'm spinning--

"If you give it your all - 100% - what's the worst that can happen?"