How do you like your quinoa????

Options
13»

Replies

• michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chinese fried quinoa (basically just sub quinoa for the rice). I eat this at least once a week, if not more.
    Plain quinoa, topped with sauteed bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms.
    Add a little almond milk, garlic powder, salt/pepper, and nutritional yeast to plain quinoa.
    Quinoa cooked with curry, salt and pepper. Once cooled, add diced celery, mango, slivered almonds, and green onions (this recipe is on allrecipes. I think it's called curry mango quinoa, or something like that. It's outstanding!)
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump. :) YUM!
  • KatArceneaux
    Options
    For breakfast with peanut butter (or PB2) and sliced banana YUMMM!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like to put it in the fridge with some tomatos, cucumber, bell pepper and a little greek dressing, maybe some olives. Mix it all up and it is delish!
  • anwscott
    Options
    bump
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    so I whipped up some the other day (1 cup uncooked) cooked it. Let it cool.

Added it to sliced strawberries, blueberries, and black berries with some almonds and a light vinegrette with lemon and maple syrup. Was yummmm
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I cut up spinach, grape tomatoes, and an avacado and mixed that with the quinoa and a small amount of garlic infused olive oil. I think I threw a little minced garlic in too. I really enjoyed it.
  • cdgabbert
    cdgabbert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use in place of rice for just about anything... then create from there ... I've used for chicken soup - great and different flavor - so much yummier...

Veggie stuffed banana peppers (instead of sausage)...

Mix up some fresh spinach and mushrooms and red peppers...

and just the other night I made a homemade gumbo and used in place of rice...
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Cooked in stock with some sauteed onion and jalepeno, add some cumin and black beans, and sprinkled with a little pepperjack cheese and topped with a fried or poached egg and fresh cilantro. Sometimes I add some diced avacado... sooooo good
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    bump for when I am home putting together menu options! I have a huge bag of quinoa!
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...just needing some quinoa ideas...what is your favorite way to eat it:) I just recently started eating vegetarian and would love some tasty quinoa recipes. Thanks a bunch

I don't like it, it makes me sad -_- . Though I might suggest cous cous cooked with low sodium veggie stock