Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    SO-DUMB.gif
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    1. It spends money on social programs. Any is too much.
    2. Not my problem.
    3. Again, poor planning, and people living beyond their means. Not my problem.
    4. 2.6 million people held full time jobs? I think you really need to check your source. There's more full time positions than that in less than two states.
    5. Get a better job. Not my problem.

You're right, it won't solve it. That still doesn't make it my problem. These people dug their own holes. I could care less if they climb out, or have someone fill it with concrete on top of them.
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Grad school - it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    And so far my only job offer has been for a full-time unpaid internship... 3: YAY.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I could care less if they climb out, or have someone fill it with concrete on top of them.

This is where I bow out of the thread. I thought I was arguing with human beings.

I stand corrected.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for ruining the thread guys...good job.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Poor people tend to live in clusters.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I could care less if they climb out, or have someone fill it with concrete on top of them.

This is where I bow out of the thread. I thought I was arguing with human beings.

I stand corrected.

Never assume that everyone cares about something just because it has a pulse and looks like them. I have no problem being generous to people that I know, and have a reason to care about. Just because someone is human does not mean that they are worth my concern.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    tumblr_lm7nt3pM8z1qzz570o1_500.gif

This is my life.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just realized I'm too old for this thread. lol.

No seriously, never think of yourself as poor. NEVER. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, a negative prayer, a bad programming for your "secret", I could go on and on, but you get the idea whatever you wan to call it in line with your beleifs. Watch "the secret" and you'll see what I mean. You can THINK yourself out of poverty or just keep from sliding into it because thoughts beget actions, beget results. Just like working out. Never accept defeat in any area of your life. Ever.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Never assume that everyone cares about something just because it has a pulse and looks like them. I have no problem being generous to people that I know, and have a reason to care about. Just because someone is human does not mean that they are worth my concern.

You would not be alone in this belief. A large portion of the world, I would think, feels this way as well. I do not. And I haven't the language to argue with someone who is standing on such a vastly different plane than myself, at least when it comes to this.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Poor in money. Rich in love.

Same! :)
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Grad school - it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    And so far my only job offer has been for a full-time unpaid internship... 3: YAY.

Yea I have another three years to go...... although every year it appears my motivation is decreasing....
  • Ramberta
    Options
    new-girl-jess-nick-quotes-41.gif

Bahaha, this!
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    and who posted this dumb azz topic....lol...you gotta be poor if you ain't say nothing:)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Funny thread turned serious.

This was fun while it lasted.

Peace.

Ugh, poor people are always leaving prematurely. That is why there are so many.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha...great mixture of ****ed up, funny and true.

LOL i guess premature anything is bad.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This thread used to be fun :-(
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I have to cut the crust off my bread b/c I can't afford the fancy loaves without crust :(

Lol, my random fact learned for the day is that there are now apparently crustless bread loaves. Guess I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel at the grocery store :P
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Would you take Tech-Ghetto Fabulous?

Barely pay the bills but have to have ipod, smart phone, gaming consoles, a big t.v. (for the gaming consoles), and lots of techy gadgets.

Take me to the mall and I will snub the clothes and head right for the electronics. :bigsmile:

We had friends like that. They were always tapping us up for money to pay bills, but had a house full of electronics and games, and both smoked like chimneys. I don't care what choices people make in life, until I'm asked to pay for them!

Hells yes. Can you send this to my in-laws please?
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    Sleeping on a lawn chair reading old Tigerbeat magazine poor! No joke! Post master?
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lm7nt3pM8z1qzz570o1_500.gif
    ]

Explains so much.