THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girls "fudge". OMG that stuff was nasty.

i don't trust her food anymore, other then adding squash to stuff, like mac and cheese to bulk it up, she is loaded with bad tasting ideas. well if everything you eat tastes bad you won't eat as much, that's one way to diet, lmao

There are a lot of wonderful low calorie recipes, why does Hungry Girl hate us?
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, shiitake noodles, cauliflower pizza crust, and any kind of cake in a mug

I wouldn't call spaghetti squash a diet food. It's a fruit.

It is also versatile and delicious. Much like other squashes.

Yeah, but it can be a diet food. People tend to eat it as a low calorie alternative to pasta, therefore making it a diet food.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, shiitake noodles, cauliflower pizza crust, and any kind of cake in a mug

Oh these are all my favorites!!! :love:
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds! Yuckyuckyuckyuck! Bitter and chemically. Almost the nastiest thing I've ever eaten in my life.
  • honeyandmilk
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash.

But, my list includes asparagus, avocado, turnip greens. Haven't tried the calorie free noodles, but some of this other stuff sounds HORRIBLE!!

lol since when are asparagus, avocado and greens diet food?
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tried a few of those HG recipes and they were not very appealing. Shirataki noodles...definitely the worst thing I have tried.
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    people on the first page were naming lots of things i love :D mmm cake in a mug = deelish. cauliflower pizza crust = incredible. any kind of yogurt, YUM.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    People will probably think I'm crazy, but, Greek yogurt. To me it tastes like sour cream. All the other yogurts I like. Just this one for some reason. Maybe it's the brand.

Greek yogurt leaves me with an almost dry sensation in my mouth. Horrible, horrible stuff.
  • honeyandmilk
    Options
    Fat free ricotta cheese (well, any cheese, actually) is an insult to both cheese and my tastebuds. Why would people rather eat something full of processed junk instead of real food? Yeah, you're saving some calories, but do you not care what it's doing to your body? I'd prefer a healthy body over a thin one!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tried a few of those HG recipes and they were not very appealing. Shirataki noodles...definitely the worst thing I have tried.

Yes. Shirataki noodles. But then they seem to eat just about anything in Japan. There is this one octopus dish that they eat raw. When they pour some kind of flavored vinegar on it---it kind of dances at you--I thought it was alive. Forget what it is called. It's very low in calories though. :laugh:
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    People will probably think I'm crazy, but, Greek yogurt. To me it tastes like sour cream. All the other yogurts I like. Just this one for some reason. Maybe it's the brand.

I don't think you're crazy - I don't like it either. Plus it's twice as expensive as regular yogurt. Totally not worth it to me.
  • crazydaisy15
    Options
    Any recipe that's had a 'make over' to make it healthier, has always been a disaster for me. I tried some biscuits with yogurt and even got the special flour they needed -- they were disgusting. I've tried different types of brownies -- also inedible.
    The only thing that was edible, that I made myself, was the diet soda cake. But that's not really diet food, just cake that has a lot less fat than regular cake.
    I don't know if it's my poor cooking skills, but most of the recipes I have tried are horrible. I have seriously wondered if they are misprints, or something. Does no one test these things?
    I see things on line and think 'oh, that looks good-- I will try that'. And so I do, and it always ends up in the trash.
  • honeyandmilk
    Options
    Tempeh!

I love the Flexitarian book. It's got great information. One of the ideas was to toast Tempeh and use it as a crouton rather than regular croutons. I'm always looking to improve my food with more veggies. So I JUST toaste Tempeh.. it's HORRIBLE!!

It's like soft pork but tasteless. It was not crunchy and it wasn't good! It went into the garbage!

Tempeh is so delicious. :( You need to flavor it though, not just toast it and throw it into a salad.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    anything from nutrisystem!

Their food scares me. I was reading an article that said every item of food they sell has at least two different carcinogens in them.
    I used it a while back (and was successful for the record--life went sideways on me though) and still have some food left. I was just thinking earlier today that I was going to pull out some of the things I thought were pretty good and use them now and then, haha :) They do fill the belly in a pinch.

For me, the worst thing I've tried in the name of diet or health or whatever has GOT to be Sea Veggies--sheets of seaweed? I thought something was dying in my mouth :( I have the package sitting by my computer, but if I ever remember, I'm going to hide them in smoothies (kinda waste not, want not sort of person).
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl is an idiot. I got her bar drink book one time. It was so horrible! She is a horrible chef!

i believe it, i heard her say on a show once that hot dogs were the most perfect food. that right their just disqualified her from culinary school.

hot dogs are what people eat when they are are utterly lazy or utterly broke. they are not by any means the most perfect food.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I wouldn't call spaghetti squash a diet food. It's a fruit.

It is also versatile and delicious. Much like other squashes.

Yeah, but it can be a diet food. People tend to eat it as a low calorie alternative to pasta, therefore making it a diet food.

So alternatives are by default "diet" foods? Just because they're prepared or used in a similar way as other foods? I wouldn't call the massive plate of spaghetti squash I ate slathered with beef/sausage pasta sauce and cheese this week "diet" food. I'd call it "delicious" food, but meh, that's me.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well half way through.... I started getting my list ready of "things I run out of too quickly" then realized I had moved topics! Some of the gross foods, I go through quickly :(

1. I'm more fascinated with people's avatars and goal tickers, Squirrel!

Things I like from the list:
    Wasa crackers are great if you use a "sauce" salad aka tuna/chicken salad, it softens the otherwise top of the roof mouth and gum cutting crackers. I grew up with them so they are normal for me.

Spaghetti squash I learned to eat as a pasta alternative and I love it. I have actually been considering going half noodles half squash yet the consistency scares me to much. Crunchy and Smooth? Pass.

Things I hate from the list:
    Nutrisystem
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey - It could be the one time I had it with orange juice though
    Mushrooms - any kind
    Tomatoes - how can something be squishy and firm, bleh
    Onions - bad breathe
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Low carb or low calorie bread......yuck!!! Has anyone ever tried toasting it and adding a little 'real' butter? The only identifiable part is the crust. The rest just turns into slime.

Scary!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash.

But, my list includes asparagus, avocado, turnip greens. Haven't tried the calorie free noodles, but some of this other stuff sounds HORRIBLE!!

lol since when are asparagus, avocado and greens diet food?

agreed. "diet food" is sort of a ridiculous concept. I think food mfg is slowly figuring that out. Who is still on a "diet" if they have even a modicum of information and who buys "diet food"? Everything we ingest has some pluses and minuses except for water, for the most part.
    That stuff that (allegedly) liquefies the contents of your colon while you are 60 miles from a bathroom has to be the worst, can't remember the name.
    Ps to the Chia seed detractor- you have to mix them in with something, anything, not eat em out of the jar.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Any recipe that's had a 'make over' to make it healthier, has always been a disaster for me. I tried some biscuits with yogurt and even got the special flour they needed -- they were disgusting. I've tried different types of brownies -- also inedible.
    The only thing that was edible, that I made myself, was the diet soda cake. But that's not really diet food, just cake that has a lot less fat than regular cake.
    I don't know if it's my poor cooking skills, but most of the recipes I have tried are horrible. I have seriously wondered if they are misprints, or something. Does no one test these things?
    I see things on line and think 'oh, that looks good-- I will try that'. And so I do, and it always ends up in the trash.

There's a lot of terrible "lighter" recipes out there, totally devoid of flavour, seasoning, pleasing texture...or, well, attention to the fact that someone will actually want to eat them not just for sustenance but also for enjoyment. There are a lot of great ones though, too...