COUCH TO 5K!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rachelicious
    Options
    Woo! My legs are a little sore! Lol.
    It's good though.. I found me a new running buddy who is actually motivated to do it with me.. so that should help. :]
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    just checking in! ( I don't know when we made official check in day or not) I've completed week 1 and I think I will repeat it one more week before moving on to week two. Have you guys seen any improvements yet? I feel like I have more energy on days that I run. Also should we make a check in day for each week?
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sunday is as good a day as any. I completed Week One on Friday and took the weekend off. I will begin Week Two Day One tomorrow. Each time has been a little easier.
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody - signing in from sunny Liverpool - I am so happy to have recieved an email from a friend for this site - I LOVE IT !!

Anyway - I have been doing the counch-5k for a bit now - reason I'm doing it is a team of friends got together and walked the Overnight Shine moonlit marathon in Manchester and didnt want to let the fitness go so - - I have a Race 4 Life 5k on 18th July and to be honest I should be on week 6-7 by now but on the advice of hubby (who has done upteen marathons and other runs) said that because I do it on treadmill and the road is completely different I do 3 days on the treadmill then on Sunday see if I am ok doing it on the road then I move on - also I find it really difficult to run once a month - just feel really tired and lethargic so again I stick to whatever week I was on for an extra week then move on. - oh yes - plus the fact Ive listened to week 5 - eeekkk - big jump - gonna have to psych myself up for that one !!!

So to cut a long story short lol - I would love to join this group for support and advice if that is ok with everybody - 'speak' to you all soon - good luck x x
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I suggest to anyone running. to get the NIKE PLUS! I love it so much, i use it for every run i do, i run 1 mile-5k's usually! it keeps track of miles, and calories, and your time per MILE or Kilometer!!!!! Keeps track of all run and transmitts your runs to nikeplus.com! I LOVE IT!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm in, a lil late but also have been following this plan, just found this thread!

Today I completed Week 4 workout 3 (with an extra 9 min of power walking at 4.5 because two of my favorite songs came on over the radio and I made myself not look at the time counter/calorie counter on my treadmill till they were over ) lol! Look forward to being a part of this group :)
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in, a lil late but also have been following this plan, just found this thread!

Today I completed Week 4 workout 3 (with an extra 9 min of power walking at 4.5 because two of my favorite songs came on over the radio and I made myself not look at the time counter/calorie counter on my treadmill till they were over ) lol! Look forward to being a part of this group :)

Welcome! I saw that you were doing the sit up challenge too. I almost join but I'm having enough problems keeping up with C25K and I don't want to over do it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I've run through the program once already, and am getting myself back into running shape again this year by using the last few weeks. Its an excellent program, just stick with it. It pushes you but never so bad you can't do it!
  • ajreinecke
    ajreinecke Posts: 7
    Options
    The C25k program is awesome! I've ran two 5k's since finishing the program, it's very easy to follow and builds up endurance slow and steady! Good luck!
  • christied954
    Options
    I'm on Week 2, Day 3. I'd love to join this group!

How do you all log your C25K runs on MFP?
  • Rachelicious
    Options
    I'm still on Week 1. I have two more workouts to put in and I'll be on to Week 2 (next Monday). So far I only do the workouts three times a week.. but starting next week I'm going to try and throw in another day or two.

I hope all is going well for everyone.
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Finished week 1 on Monday!! Had a late start but I agree when I run the rest of the day I am full of energy!! Going to do week 1 again just because I am WAYYYY out of shap and need the extra week. I have convinced my mom to run with me!! She thinks she is dieing when she does it so I don't know if she is going to stick it out with me!! I LOVE it though!! Not too hard but just enough to push you!!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i begin week 2 tomorrow. i'll try to get it done before we grill out.
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i am starting it today!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started today. How do you log it into the exercise database? Do you do it for only the 20 minutes or longer?:flowerforyou:
  • shawnae2
    Options
    Did day 1 of week 2 last night. And wow what a difference. I was so proud of myself though because I actually finished it. I didn't think I was going to make it. It didn't help that an hour and a half earlier I had splurged and had some pizza at a work meeting. I should have stopped at one piece. I always like running on an empty stomach. But I did it. Might have to do week 2 twice as well. Good luck to everyone!!
  • shawnae2
    Options
    I started today. How do you log it into the exercise database? Do you do it for only the 20 minutes or longer?:flowerforyou:

I just log jogging at a speed I think I went at for the day. Which usually isn't very fast at all!!
  • shawnae2
    Options
    Ok I looked up how to log your calories. I found this website http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ to see how many miles you went and it will calculate your calories. I was right on by choosing a jogging at 5mph. I also read that you burn 100 cals per mile, give or take. You burn about 0.73 times your weight per mile walked or run.