Want to start dating?

Options
heagler870
heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
I've been single for a while now and I have a desire to start dating. I just feel like I don't have time to go out. I work 35+ hours a week and go to school. I don't have time to go out and meet new people although I meet people in general just by working in retail. I feel though that wanting to go out and start dating is hindering me from doing so. They always say when you're looking for something you won't find it. I'm wondering though if by wanting something I'm actually looking for it? Tips and tricks to get into the dating scene? lol

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Find someone with a boat and go hang out on Beaver Lake...
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Can't help you but at least you're not the only one in this situation :drinker:
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    1) You see someone you like

2) Your body releases certain hormones

3) You let these hormones take care of the rest
  • heagler870
    Options

Bahahahaha! If only it were that simple. For me it's more like this

1: I see someone I think I think I could possibly like

2: My body releases those certain hormones that make me all *Girly* (Whatever you wanna call it)

3: I get all nervous and run for the hills. Haha
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

2: My body releases those certain hormones that make me all *Girly* (Whatever you wanna call it)

Men love a woman with confidence. Only boys dig chicks with low self esteem and no confidence.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    hDF49772F
  • heagler870
    Options

Men love a woman with confidence. Only boys dig chicks with low self esteem and no confidence.

I'll admit my confidence isn't as high as it could be but I don't have low self esteem. I did in HS but that quickly changed after a year of living on my own.
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ladies, i m the same way, but i am not too busy, i mm just too shy! UGH!
    i am sooooo unsocial!

that all comes from me being not selfconcious at all. sucks for me/us ;(
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well I've been off the market for over 38 years so I won't be any help.

But I can tell you that you look terrific, your weight loss is astounding, and you should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Live your life and be open to all possibilities. Be friendly, be yourself, and the right guy will be drawn to you.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking to date men? You should broaden your horizons a bit. Men are over-rated.....really.
  • heagler870
    Options
    Are you just looking to date men? You should broaden your horizons a bit. Men are over-rated.....really.

Yes, looking to date men. I'm not attracted to women in that way.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    i am sooooo unsocial!

Good grief, honey. I noticed you on the short hair thread and now the dating thread. You are totally gorgeous and sexy! What are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy your life!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options

this is true at times! ;)
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options

It's okay to feel nervous. As long as you accept the way you feel and don't start condemning yourself, you'll realize being nervous is not too bad after all :smile:
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    i am sooooo unsocial!

Good grief, honey. I noticed you on the short hair thread and now the dating thread. You are totally gorgeous and sexy! What are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy your life!

Thanks, but i need to take care of some other pesonal things first, before i start fixing my selfesteem issue, and then go out and have fun...
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I hate dating, its nothing but trouble and hassles. Dating today is nothing like it was years ago. Now its like the bachelorette and full of games. I just live my life until I meet someone amazing and then its on. I work 50 hours a week and dont have time to date. I would like to meet someone great but I dont need to. Who knows what will happen. Im extremely independent and I find most dont like that.. I want to share my life, not it be my whole life.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    wow Macgeek, wish i would think like you.
    i mean i dont really need nobody either. but i wish i could be as independent as you say you are
  • Macgeek74
    Options
    I wasnt always that way though. I learned that I dont need anyone to be complete and to be happy. I used to date only good church women I met in church and every single one of them cheated on me (not saying all church women cheat, but it does seem the opposites attract and the ones ive ever met had that bad boy ex that never went away) then I stop dating and looking and got used to it. You really do get used to and it no longer bothers you anymore.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    well i dont wanna get used to be alone, but i need to learn to be independant. to not NEED someone! and that making myself happy is the most important thing!
  • Macgeek74
    Options
    How I did it was I started going out by myself, eating alone, seeing a movie alone, and going to bars alone. I go out all the time by myself and meet all kinds of people. I make friends easily and around me. I also volunteer alot which brings me more love and joy than any relationship ive ever experience. It brings something meaningful. I got and created new hobbies and also meetup.com is great for meeting new friends. This sounds bad but I just dont want to marry the wrong person and then divorce so i never rushed or forced a relationship in the past years after I changed my type. People ask me why i never married, I just tell them I skipped my first marriage. Ha Nothing against those hwo have divorced, I just dont want to experience it.