What would you do with this body?

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get a VS model body because even the VS models don't have those bodies. They are photoshopped to inhuman proportions in the pictures and they crash diet for days/weeks to get super lean for the runways. Lifting isn't going to give you big bulky muscles but it will give you firmer thighs and the abs you said you wanted. You got the body you have now I'm assuming by focusing on a ton of cardio, and you will keep it if you continue to do the same thing. The advice to eat more and lift heavy was good advice, I suggest you give it a try.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, its so damn confusing!!! I cant imagine eating 20% more than what my apparent TDEE is, that puts me at 700 - 1000 cal more than I would chose to eat in a day!!! I know I need to up my protein though if I want to see results.

I know its asking a lot but I am more after Victoria's secret body (we can dream right?) than that of muscle bulk.

On the days I am lifting should I be doing full body or target specific areas? I am so weak the idea of lifting something heavy fills me with dread.

Definitely do full-body. Take a look at Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, or StrongLifts 5x5.

As for the calorie surplus, I'mnot sure I can really advise. I'm still trying to lose weight, but you don't look like you need to lose anything. You'll be able to make a lot of newbie gains without any surplus for the first few months, so try no surplus and see how it works,
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Stare at myself all day :sad:
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything constructive to add but just wanted to say that I think you're body is incredible!! Good luck with your goals x
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My aims are to get lean, lose an inch maybe of each thigh and my hips / butt and love handles. I want ab definition and a toned butt with less cellulite!!!!!

Squats, Squats, lunges, and then more squats. To get lean 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat

Dont be one of those women that think if they lift weights they will look like Arnold Schwarzaneggar.....its just not gonna happen.
  • staplebug
    Options
    Doesn't Jillian also have a buns and thighs video? That might help as far as videos go.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Just what I was thinking :laugh: OP, your body is gorgeous! Awesome that you still want to work on it though! If I had a body like that, I would consider it a done job :wink:
  • DostThouEven
    Options
    Bang
  • kc285
    kc285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the lovely posts. For those of you with tips you'll be pleased to hear thanks to a challenge set to me by darrensurrey I did a hell of a lot of squatting today with weights! Will def check out the dvds / routines people have suggested. I've upped my protein a lot in the past few days and cut back on the carbs that I generally live off so fingers crossed I'll be able to keep you all updated with results.
    xx
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

*cries into cake* You look incredible! If I had your body I'd be peacocking around naked!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I would sort your diet, prob carb cycle you so you could burn fat and gain a little muscle. I'd cut cardio out to start with some lifting, 6 days a week. Give it 8 weeks and you'd have the look you want.
  • Stare at myself all day :sad:

*cries into cake* You look incredible! If I had your body I'd be peacocking around naked!

Amen to both posts!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I would do stronglifts 5x5.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd ravish it. Wait, that's not what you meant is it?

Ok, I'd focus on lifting heavy, eating at maintenance and not bothering with cardio.

+1...on both points.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Skinnyfat mode enabled!

To get the body you want, you have to lift heavy.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I think what lifting enthusiasts mean when they say no cardio is no cardio at the gym. Some cardio activity is essential for health. Most lifters do something to stay active: team sport, walking the dog, chasing your kids, don't sit on your couch all day.
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Insanity trimmed down my butt and thighs. It's a lot of lower body weight stuff and you're already very slim so I guarantee you would get abs from doing the 60 day program. I also have Brazil Butt lift and one of the workouts in it (high and tight and sculpt) was amazing for the cellulite/butt part!) I'm not sure about 30 day shred as I have never done it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd ravish it. Wait, that's not what you meant is it?

Ok, I'd focus on lifting heavy, eating at maintenance and not bothering with cardio.

this!

i'd wear that bikini to work if i looked like that!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Calculate TDEE.
    Lift a heavy compound routine 3x a week.
    On lift days eat 20% above TDEE.
    On rest days eat 10% below TDEE.

Weight loss will stop.
    Fat loss will continue.
    Lean mass gains will happen slowly.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

PM me if you need help.

EDIT: Drop cardio completely since you no longer need it.

Listen to Dan!!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you will love lifting and esp when you see definition within weeks. You look great as is an lifting will def get you where you want to be.